Hardie signs new contract

Creampuff

That’s the thing though I’m not sure it’s sctually down to Gerrard and McCallister to prepare them mentally is that not the guys in the youth departments jobs to send us first team ready players?

1 hour ago, stevemartin1991 said:

him and morelos up front next season. 

funny I was thinking this when reading the Morelos thread. As things stand, with Miller gone and Herrera on the way out, if Morelos goes this boy is the only option in a #9 role apart from Windass, am I right?

1 minute ago, Torontoblue76 said:

funny I was thinking this when reading the Morelos thread. As things stand, with Miller gone and Herrera on the way out, if Morelos goes this boy is the only option in a #9 role apart from Windass, am I right?

I'm sure we would sign some1if that was the case ??

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That was siwel thinking the other day which would make no sense....if it's one year it has to be with a view to him been in the 1st team squad or it is pointless right enough

If he does go to a Dundee or similar and hits 15/20 goals it would give us something to think about, he's never had a run of games at this level. Would be just our luck for him to go and sign for a team in this league and smash it. This way if he does you'd assume we'd be in pole position to resign him.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

If he does go to a Dundee or similar and hits 15/20 goals it would give us something to think about, he's never had a run of games at this level. Would be just our luck for him to go and sign for a team in this league and smash it. This way if he does you'd assume we'd be in pole position to resign him.

Maybe give him a loan to Christmas then see how he fairs, if he is scoring then recall him play him with a view to him signing a new deal?

3 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Lol @ those who have said so vituperately  that Ryan wouldn't get a new contract. 

Do you ever contribute anything to debate or just enjoy popping into threads and leaving random snide comments?

5 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Lol @ those who have said so vituperately  that Ryan wouldn't get a new contract. 

The talk last season was that hardie wasn't interested in staying.....maybe the change of management has moved the goalposts on this one?

I knew Gerrard would have to rely on some of the squad as we couldn't afford to shift all the shite AND sign their replacements. Fair dos.

But for him to apparently stand by "fantastic" Lee Wallace, and offer an out of contract Hardie a new deal, it's bizarre and concerning.

Who is feeding him the info on players who weren't playing for us last season and wouldn't have been in the match dvds he's since watched...?

I'd rather keep him on for a year than let him go, tbh. Loan him back to Livingstone until Jan, see how he does in the top flight in a team that he's familiar with, and then make a decision.

He's not even played 90 minutes total for us in the last 3 years combined. We can't know how good he is if he's never really been given a chance, ffs. Just look at Harry Kane at Spurs.

9 minutes ago, DamienM855 said:

I'd rather keep him on for a year than let him go, tbh. Loan him back to Livingstone until Jan, see how he does in the top flight in a team that he's familiar with, and then make a decision.

He's not even played 90 minutes total for us in the last 3 years combined. We can't know how good he is if he's never really been given a chance, ffs. Just look at Harry Kane at Spurs.

Harry Fucking Kane ???

Do what the tarriers do . 

Loan him to one of the teams that are our main challengers , he helps them take points off each other , then when they play us he cant play , so it upsets their rhythm and team selection and so benefiting us . 

Now thats how you win leagues . Simples really . 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Harry Fucking Kane ???

Harry Kane came out of nowhere after uninspiring sporadic first team appearances for Spurs and mediocre at best spells on loan.

Would of course not compare the two in terms of ability but if Hardie can prove he can score goals in the Premiership then he could have a career with us yet.

What would make absolutely no sense would be to loan him out to a championship club again.

10 minutes ago, jamess said:

So much negativity against the boy.  Never given a run in the team.  Should have been played last season up front.  Better than most of the duds put on the bench. Worth having in the squad.

If he was contracted to another club right now would you be happy for Rangers to go sign him?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Harry Kane came out of nowhere after uninspiring sporadic first team appearances for Spurs and mediocre at best spells on loan.

Would of course not compare the two in terms of ability but if Hardie can prove he can score goals in the Premiership then he could have a career with us yet.

What would make absolutely no sense would be to loan him out to a championship club again.

I know Kane's background. But to start comparing any random player (whose attributes are nothing like his) to Kane because they have failed at teams on loan or been too shite to get a run at their own team then it's time to give up the argument and hit the methadone.

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If he was contracted to another club right now would you be happy for Rangers to go sign him?

Strange question.  He would be equivalent to a free transfer. Only wages to pay.  So YES.

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It would have helped if he played more when we were in the lower divisions for Hardie.  That is lost time for the lad through no fault of his own.

He has talent and maybe Stevie G can give him the confidence boost he needs.

We have failed miserably in giving youth a chance.