***The Official Osijek v Rangers Match Thread***

Just now, rangersross said:

Interested to see the newest guys and glad Ejaria is starting. Think he’s earned it over the last two substitute appearances - our midfield looked very flat and short on ideas until him and Middleton came on and tried a more direct approach.

Was literally about to type the same thing.

I’m excited at the prospect of seeing some energy and aggression in the starting lineup with Coulibaly and Kent (based on Gerrards comments I’d be surprised if they didn’t start).

Ejaria getting a start will let us see how he can influence the game as any time he has come on he has made an impact.

Morelos still starting irks me a bit but it’s the right thing to do as Sadiq isn’t ready and it’s too much to ask of Rudden. Desperately need a striker in but hopefully Morelos can bag a goal tonight and get his confidence back and his head back in the game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Rather go with the unknown quantities Coulibaly,Kent and Ejaria in the side rather than the usual waste of jerseys,would still like replacements for Jack,Morelos and Murphy brought in though hopefully Middleton can push on and take Murphys place.

I agree with this mate. Can’t work out the Murphy signing I’ve seen nothing from him yet. For me he doesn’t even look like a footballer, he’s a lanky awkward looking boy. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I agree with this mate. Can’t work out the Murphy signing I’ve seen nothing from him yet. For me he doesn’t even look like a footballer, he’s a lanky awkward looking boy. 

I don’t get why Murphy escapes criticism so often,makes the wrong choice time and time again and many moves break down when he loses possesssion 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I don’t get why Murphy escapes criticism so often,makes the wrong choice time and time again and many moves break down when he loses possesssion 

I wonder how it worked out with SG maybe the deal to sign him had already been done when we took him on loan and SG hands were tied. The amount we paid for him seems quite a lot for a guy who’s contributing very little. 

6 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Hope this works out tonight but seems an odd place/stage to be handing out debuts & most likely playing a different style.  

Where do we start handing out debuts then? Against Maribor who are a step up from this lot/ At Pittodrie? Or do we need to wait til after the piggery? If they're good enough get them in.

12 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Where do we start handing out debuts then? Against Maribor who are a step up from this lot/ At Pittodrie? Or do we need to wait til after the piggery? If they're good enough get them in.

We kept a clean sheet & progressed in the last round.  

A more subtle or less exposed introduction to our first team is what I’m getting at, perhaps as a sub (s)

i admire the confidence/courage of the manager & hope it pays off.  

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Piss poor starting XI depressed reading it 

Good to see not you that got the pokey mate.

Decent support over in Budapest/there?

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

We kept a clean sheet & progressed in the last round.  

A more subtle or less exposed introduction to our first team is what I’m getting at, perhaps as a sub (s)

i admire the confidence/courage of the manager & hope it pays off.  

A clean sheet against some no mark Macedonian team isn't a reason to keep it the same. It's 2 players anyway, not like we're bringing 7/8 at once.

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Police gave Rangers fans the option of staying in there hotel last night or going to jail, Osijek fans were apparently runnint about with swords. 

They were better in their hotel then.

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Police gave Rangers fans the option of staying in there hotel last night or going to jail, Osijek fans were apparently runnint about with swords. 

Where you hearing that? I’ve seen videos of boys out and also heard someone in court today for pasting one of them (claiming he bottled them).

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye the lad put a bottle over the cunts heed

Ah right I’d heard he’d just smashed one and that’s what they were saying! Stay safe mate / take a few johnny foreigners down with you :lol:

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Surely this stuff about a taig bringing a banner to this game is a lot of pish? :lol: 

The obsession towards a club that died is truly astonishing. So I expect to see the banner. Imagine putting that much work in..??  Fucking fruit loops

Just now, TEFTONG said:

The obsession towards a club that died is truly astonishing. So I expect to see the banner. Imagine putting that much work in..??  Fucking fruit loops

I want to see it :lol:

I love when their utter obsession boils over into shite like this 

Archived