Officialdom Conspiracy?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/12/2018 at 09:20, Bluepeter9 said:

A straight into the paranoia in paragraph 2 - ‘blatent bias’? Fuck me - refs are just crap  but they ain’t picking on us in particular - they are just shite at their jobs - ask any supporter of any other club, they all get picked on by refs - and the problem with refs, even crap ones is we need them for the game. 

And in today's postmodern sludge, everyone can claim their own experience is the arbiter of reality. How many good goals have celtc had chalked off this season? And how many us? Never mind any other team! There is such a thing as reality, you know, and shouting 'paranoid' at those in touch with it is just sad. Away back to filling yourself with the good old sun/rhecord narrative, keep ignoring the evidence, and gies peace.

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Did Sky show any replays of the penalty handball appeal..???

No, not a mention, never happened.

Not the first time that linesman has made a wee mistake against us. It was nigh on impossible to deem that offside. He'll be the toast of his tarrier friends tonight. Its staring out of him.

We were rotten but should have 3 points FACT

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Not sure you can blame the ref for disallowing the goal . Linesman wasn't up with play , gambled and called it wrong . 

Have you never seen a referee overrule a linesmans decision, ok Rangers were poor today but when you have scored a perfectly decent good goal and it is not given it has a material bearing on the outcome of the game. Yes we had an advantage in them having a man less but you are better off with the goal standing as it should have, this has allowed Dundee to sit back and defend their penalty box whereas they would've had to open up a bit more if they wanted anything from the game. Yes we should have been a bit better and capitalised on our advantage. But the decisions going against us is beyond a joke. Dundee goal push on Goldson, not seen, handball in box, not seen, continuous time wasting, no action taken, even the farce near the end by ref and linesman making Rangers take free kick twice, I wonder why maybe it was to give Dundee time to get their players back in position. Ryan Jack booked for innocuous foul, next two fouls for similar offences, no action taken, the only thing I was surprised by was he never took the first opportunity to send him off but then again that might just have been a bit to blatant and confirmed he is nothing less than a cheat alongside his linesman, if he couldn't see it he should not have disallowed the goal. Another honest mistake my arse. 

Paranoia some will say but the evidence is as clear as day, Even that clown Walker only admitting it was a red card after seeing the replay and his little quip "assuming Rangers don't go down to ten men" he knows exactly what he is saying inferring Rangers are either dirty or can't control themselves, pandering no doubt to the obsessives who would have been watching in their hoards. Maintain the agenda at all costs.

That's 4 goals not been given, but will there be a week long debate about the goal today from the usual suspects, no chance, move along nothing to see hear. 

Kick them Out. 

38 minutes ago, Lets go 55 said:

Have you never seen a referee overrule a linesmans decision, ok Rangers were poor today but when you have scored a perfectly decent good goal and it is not given it has a material bearing on the outcome of the game. Yes we had an advantage in them having a man less but you are better off with the goal standing as it should have, this has allowed Dundee to sit back and defend their penalty box whereas they would've had to open up a bit more if they wanted anything from the game. Yes we should have been a bit better and capitalised on our advantage. But the decisions going against us is beyond a joke. Dundee goal push on Goldson, not seen, handball in box, not seen, continuous time wasting, no action taken, even the farce near the end by ref and linesman making Rangers take free kick twice, I wonder why maybe it was to give Dundee time to get their players back in position. Ryan Jack booked for innocuous foul, next two fouls for similar offences, no action taken, the only thing I was surprised by was he never took the first opportunity to send him off but then again that might just have been a bit to blatant and confirmed he is nothing less than a cheat alongside his linesman, if he couldn't see it he should not have disallowed the goal. Another honest mistake my arse. 

Paranoia some will say but the evidence is as clear as day, Even that clown Walker only admitting it was a red card after seeing the replay and his little quip "assuming Rangers don't go down to ten men" he knows exactly what he is saying inferring Rangers are either dirty or can't control themselves, pandering no doubt to the obsessives who would have been watching in their hoards. Maintain the agenda at all costs.

That's 4 goals not been given, but will there be a week long debate about the goal today from the usual suspects, no chance, move along nothing to see hear. 

Kick them Out. 

Agree with quite a lot of that . The goal should have stood , the penalty should have been given , Jack's yellow was a joke , hence limiting to walking a tightrope . We may not have deserved the win , but with those decisions we lost two points today . 

Im still loath to call it cheating but I'm not disputing most calls , and important ones at that , are going against us and costing us points . I rather think refs are pretty poor up here ,they bottle out of big decisions depending on who they're going to face for the consequences ( lennon being a prime example ) and I do think trying to prove they're not ' supporters ' works against us , amongst other things , but to ensure we deliberately drop points is not one of them .

My post was regard that one particular moment and it would be a brave referee to overrule his linesman given boths positioning .  I'd still blame the linesman on that call . 

26 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agree with quite a lot of that . The goal should have stood , the penalty should have been given , Jack's yellow was a joke , hence limiting to walking a tightrope . We may not have deserved the win , but with those decisions we lost two points today . 

Im still loath to call it cheating but I'm not disputing most calls , and important ones at that , are going against us and costing us points . I rather think refs are pretty poor up here ,they bottle out of big decisions depending on who they're going to face for the consequences ( lennon being a prime example ) and I do think trying to prove they're not ' supporters ' works against us , amongst other things , but to ensure we deliberately drop points is not one of them .

My post was regard that one particular moment and it would be a brave referee to overrule his linesman given boths positioning .  I'd still blame the linesman on that call . 

I don't like to call them cheats either mate but looking at that pic I posted Stevie Wonder woulda seen it was onside from assistants view of the incident I'm saying he cheated :angry: 

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Did Sky show any replays of the penalty handball appeal..???

Ball played the man, not the other way around, BBC showing it, amazingly they say the linesman is in a good position but of course being the BBC they say we got one in our favour last week. 

Of course we all know these things even up over a season, and we all know that I am actually the God Thor.

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

This incident from today isn't Officialdom conspiracy it's blatant cheating

uEDnWc7GSba3Q7G5XqlE_OFF.thumb.jpg.c473a81a8e46c56fed9ba8bf1f3c4112b.jpg.4646e32c69da3ce03b9e58ec4534634a.jpg

He is in a near perfect position, my only thought is he doesn't the rules.

Or is there a different set for us?

I'm sure bp9 will be along in a minute to explain that we're all paranoid Protestants.

RAGING Steven Gerrard accused SPFL delegate Jim Neil of bizarrely snubbing him - despite asking if he had any issues with the match officials.

The Gers boss was left fuming after Kyle Lafferty's first-half strike was wrongly disallowed for offside in the 1-1 draw with ten-man Dundee.

But he claims that when Neil asked if he had anything to say about ref Alan Muir and his assistants after the game, the match delegate walked off before he could answer.

Gerrard - who also slammed his players after they struggled for 71 minutes following Dundee star Nathan Ralph's red card - said: "“The goal looked okay to me, good to me.

"The official delegate has asked me if I had anything to say about the officials, but before I could open my mouth he walked past me and left.

“I can’t say any more or I would get into trouble.

"He just said ‘was everything all right?’ and woooof – he was off!

“I’d have asked him what do you think of our second goal? And I’d have liked an answer.

“He must have plans because he was gone sharpish."

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

This incident from today isn't Officialdom conspiracy it's blatant cheating

uEDnWc7GSba3Q7G5XqlE_OFF.thumb.jpg.c473a81a8e46c56fed9ba8bf1f3c4112b.jpg.4646e32c69da3ce03b9e58ec4534634a.jpg

We scored a goal last week which was offside and it was a war crime according to the media. 

Will today's goal receive the same scrutiny? 

Spoiler

Paranoid Protestants 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We scored a goal last week which was offside and it was a war crime according to the media. 

Will today's goal receive the same scrutiny? 

Hide contents

Paranoid Protestants 

Pretty much exactly what I said in my group chat mate including the paranoid protestants :lol:

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

He is in a near perfect position, my only thought is he doesn't the rules.

Or is there a different set for us?

I'm sure bp9 will be along in a minute to explain that we're all paranoid Protestants.

A different set for us? I think they're still using the old S.P.L. rule book

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.93ea72ffcc14c42efc8c3d70b5878746.jpg

3 hours ago, Lets go 55 said:

Kick them Out. 

You very, very rarely see refs overturn an offside decision.

Taken over 10 days we didn’t win today because of a marginal (at full speed) call.

Last week we won for the same reason.

In the general scheme of football, one might say things even themselves out.

We aren’t part of the general scheme though.

Obviously, we’ve taken last week’s as partial redress for some of the earlier mistakes, so we’re behind in the ‘evening out’ process as things stand.

Just had a look at Morelos goal against hearts took a screenshot just as the ball is played to see how far offside he was, is he getting held by the defender or is that just more paranoid Protestantism?

1699037212_ParanoidProtestant.thumb.jpg.a17df4934b2951c2c4f6f52c94f18bcbb.thumb.jpg.dd5e8dae5196d6a4cdc166f9e931d182.jpg

Handball penalty claim... nup. Not intentional.

Red card... correct albeit the ref says it was for a goal scoring opportunity rather than a dangerous challenge. It was the latter.

Goal chopped off... Shite. Was a bit less incompetent looking when you see it at full pace (folk still using stills to prove things that they shouldn't be used to prove), but still very much a crap call.

One down decision wise for us today.

4 hours ago, Don54 said:

Just had a look at Morelos goal against hearts took a screenshot just as the ball is played to see how far offside he was, is he getting held by the defender or is that just more paranoid Protestantism?

1699037212_ParanoidProtestant.thumb.jpg.a17df4934b2951c2c4f6f52c94f18bcbb.thumb.jpg.dd5e8dae5196d6a4cdc166f9e931d182.jpg

Would he have been further offside if he wasn't?

Archived