***UEFA Champions League 18/19***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Common sense says it's never a pen in a million years. IMO it should not have been a pen. However, I think the commentators (and the BT Sport ref and the actual ref of course) seemed to suggest it was a pen. Has there been a change to rule? I think I heard there is chat about changing it or there has been some sort of briefing? Handballs have always caused debates, same with a lot of rules.

To me it should become black and white. Any handball is a pen. Fuck deliberate, intentional, unfair. Handball = pen! No debate or open to interpretation pish.

I can’t see how they ruled that as arm too far from body or in an unnatural position though. Apparently it’s being changed to any handball next season. Won’t be long before forwards are blootering it straight at defenders hoping it will touch there arm.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone say that’s not a penalty, it fucking hits his arm? 😂. Maybe if we had VAR on Sunday we’d have got a penalty for the Morelos shot right at the end. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

From Mark Clattenburg

Let's be clear, the referee has made the right decision in awarding Manchester United their late penalty following the handball by Presnel Kimpembe - he has applied the laws as UEFA wish them to be.

But PSG will be furious, and I understand why. This, for me, should not be a penalty, it is not a deliberate handball. In the Premier League over the years this would never have been given as a penalty.

It has been given because of UEFA’s recent instruction to referees, which came about after Manchester City conceded a similar penalty at Schalke last month.

They want referees to give handball when the arm is out and is in a non-natural position, and to that end the referee has been consistent here.

However, he has watched a slow-motion replay of the incident and, when it comes to handball, it always looks worse when slowed down.

I would always want to watch a handball claim in a real-time replay. Do that here and it’s never a penalty, the player is turning away and trying to withdraw his arm away from the ball.

That’s just confused it more.

He says absolutely correct then says not a penalty for him and hasn’t been over the years. 

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I can’t see how they ruled that as arm too far from body or in an unnatural position though. Apparently it’s being changed to any handball next season. Won’t be long before forwards are blootering it straight at defenders hoping it will touch there arm.

That's my thoughts as well, will be another form of cheating imo

Just now, GOAT said:

How can anyone say that’s not a penalty, it fucking hits his arm? 😂. Maybe if we had VAR on Sunday we’d have got a penalty for the Morelos shot right at the end. 

Because IT HIT his arm. The law was always deliberate handball was the offence. The problem is they keep moving the goalposts on the guidance to the refs. Where was the arm meant to be?

17 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Because IT HIT his arm. The law was always deliberate handball was the offence. The problem is they keep moving the goalposts on the guidance to the refs. Where was the arm meant to be?

The rule need to be simple as it was years ago, hand/arm make contact on box - penalty, deliberately or not. Then it is up to defenders to shape their body accordingly when in a situation in the box. The "deliberately" argument just leads to indecision and players influencing the outcome by corralling the ref.

Absolutely scandalous refereeing decision imo 

I thought the whole purpose of VAR was to ensure the correct decisions were made when they were clear cut ,with the element of doubt going for the supposed offending side 

In American football .It works much better with this ruling 95% of the time 

Fucking disgraceful but only clubs like Man Utd would ever get these decisions 

Oh yeah and the scum in Scotland 

42 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Completely different Goat .On Sunday .The sheeps arms were up and not one replay was convenient shown either 

46 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

And then claiming for Fucking everything in desperation that some prick of a ref will cave in 

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

From Mark Clattenburg

Let's be clear, the referee has made the right decision in awarding Manchester United their late penalty following the handball by Presnel Kimpembe - he has applied the laws as UEFA wish them to be.

But PSG will be furious, and I understand why. This, for me, should not be a penalty, it is not a deliberate handball. In the Premier League over the years this would never have been given as a penalty.

It has been given because of UEFA’s recent instruction to referees, which came about after Manchester City conceded a similar penalty at Schalke last month.

They want referees to give handball when the arm is out and is in a non-natural position, and to that end the referee has been consistent here.

However, he has watched a slow-motion replay of the incident and, when it comes to handball, it always looks worse when slowed down.

I would always want to watch a handball claim in a real-time replay. Do that here and it’s never a penalty, the player is turning away and trying to withdraw his arm away from the ball.

The one that ran down Young’s arm was even more valid when you saw that in slow motion!

Arrogant ref dismissed it saying it only hit his chest!

2 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Could he not have moved his arm up to his chest just as he’s turning after jumping? Looks as if he jumps and turns his back to the ball but just leaves the arm out to make himself bigger rather than pull it in to his chest

5 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

The law hasnt been deliberate hand ball for years now, because its hardly ever deliberate 

Its been about your arm placement for years, and last night the psg boy got an advantage by his arm making him a bigger presence, you can jump up in front of a shot with your arms flailing about the place and think nothings going to happen

Its a stonewaller for me

Obviously the stricter interpretation that UEFA had publicised in January in effect. 

Teams were warned about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-issues-warning-over-stricter-15727658.amp

Specifically mentions making yourself a bigger target and the ball hitting your arm. The new IFAB rules are, by the sound of them, even stricter.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lyon Schalke double is 164/1 :lol: 

I fancied Lyon since the draw was made. They seem to be better against bigger sides and are a good counter attacking side.

Surely if they can win away to Man City then it's not completely out the realms of possibility that they can get at least a score draw at Barca?

Cue another 6-0 CL home win for Barcelona now🤣

Not too bothered that it happened to PSG but lets be honest, if any team were given an injury penalty against us in those circumstances then everyone on here would be raging. No question. As someone said, when the clock is ticking down are we going to see teams blindly try to hit the ball at opposition players in the hope it strikes an arm? A joke as far as im concerned.

5 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Could he not have moved his arm up to his chest just as he’s turning after jumping? Looks as if he jumps and turns his back to the ball but just leaves the arm out to make himself bigger rather than pull it in to his chest

Played football for decades and never once thought I'd take one in the face or for one nano second thought .I will jump backwards in mid flight and stick my arm out but not raise it just to look bigger 😀

12 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I used to absolutely hate them. Especially as a kid when it was Arsenal and them battling it out for titles in the 98 - 04 period. 

I must be going soft in my old age as ive come to respect what they are and how they got there. Give me them over City or Chelsea any day.

For some reason l am mellowing to them as well.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Played football for decades and never once thought I'd take one in the face or for one nano second thought .I will jump backwards in mid flight and stick my arm out but not raise it just to look bigger 😀

You get what I mean though? There’s people saying aw where’s his arm meant to be but it doesn’t have to be hanging out life that 

Archived