Kent and candeias

In all honesty I did not think that Candeias was on top form last night. He certainly never played bad but I was thinking he was going to be subbed for Middleton around the 60th min. 

I still believe that we are (non-winger related post) missing a mid fielder that dominates and dictates the play. Hopefully next season we go out and buy a real quality 5/7 million player.

wonder if there are any plans / options for Kent to actually sign for us as I think he has a lot to offer and certainly only going to get better.

Have seen candeias getting slaughtered for his crosses being rubbish but his ability to whip an early cross in is a real weapon. When he does this well opposing defences struggle to cope. As is the case with all wingers, consistency is the key. I like kents workrate and direct runs in the box but I would rotate him with middleton until 1 really makes the spot his own. Personally I prefer middleton. I would always start candeias due to his understanding with tav. Top notch right hand side there.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

My one gripe from last night is just before we scored the third we actually reverted back to sitting too deep again for a period.

I was fairly annoyed about that at the time  

I might be wrong but when halliday came on im sure gerrard was indicating 5 at the back, so flanagan must have moved to centre half, pretty much told to defend the lead

My one gripe from last night is just before we scored the third we actually reverted back to sitting too deep again for a period.

I get that, but I think it's only natural.

It's nice being confident in your defence and expecting to see the lead out as opposed to conceding, and I think at home we can be very confident of that. 

Think I posted similar in the match thread, Gerrard was definitely signalling 5 at the back and we’ve seen to often already this season how defending a one goal lead can work out! Hopefully we’ll start going on and trying to kill games off now, dont get me wrong there’s times we’ll have to defend a lead but for the most part I believe attack is the best form of defence and we should be looking to keep the pressure on.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

But Candeias has never ever ever beat a full back.

2 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Positive I seen him go past their left back like he wasn’t there at one point last night ? 

Aye stitched their left back up like a kipper with a wee touch of the outside of the right  foot last night.

23 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Think I posted similar in the match thread, Gerrard was definitely signalling 5 at the back and we’ve seen to often already this season how defending a one goal lead can work out! Hopefully we’ll start going on and trying to kill games off now, dont get me wrong there’s times we’ll have to defend a lead but for the most part I believe attack is the best form of defence and we should be looking to keep the pressure on.

I think it was for 5 to go?

He screams at them when they sit back too far. Went absolutely mental at them during the last few mins of the Motherwell game.