Ryan Jack

Drum

Jack shows the most awareness in the team and often breaks down potentially difficult opposition attacks simply by knowing where to be. Holds the ball well and looks for the decent pass. He impressed me again today, head and shoulders above the rest, was shocked when him and Candeias were taken off. 

He's an awful player, absolutely horrendous. Sits too deep and can't pass forward. Was on the balls a lot today but that's only because he dropped back level with his centre backs the way Brown does for celtic. Easy to drop back that far and then play passes out to your full backs when the other deep has dropped and there is nobody pressing you. 

Anyone that rates Jack knows fuck all about football. 

Just now, tannerall said:

Jack shows the most awareness in the team and often breaks down potentially difficult opposition attacks simply by knowing where to be. Holds the ball well and looks for the decent pass. He impressed me again today, head and shoulders above the rest, was shocked when him and Candeias were taken off. 

Clueless.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Our midfield, including Jack, were fine defensively but offered nothing going forward which makes Arfield on the bench an even stranger decision.  He is either fit or he is not. 

Arfield passes the buck and goes sideways the same way Jack does. Another very average player wildly overrated because he had one semi-reasonable season with Burnley.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Spot on, he has his job and does it well. It’s not his fault the other two don’t do theirs properly and make the midfield look a shambles, he’s doing his bit.

29 minutes ago, Drum said:

Didn't get it. Don't get it. Will end up back at the sheep by any accessible route. 

Early doors with SG has been superb but today feels like a complete kick in the balls. 

He done his job really well today.  He's a holding midfielder and he won every tackle he had to, kept things tidy and maintained possession well. What more can you expect him to do?

Only criticism was when he had his chance to shoot, he needed to hit the target at least.  He lacked composure but other than that he played well.

Just now, Cedrick said:

I’ve been in the minority for 2 seasons now saying this lad gives us absolutely nothing 

You've not. I know loads of people who agree he's utterly average SPL fodder. There's an element of our support who want him to be good because he left Aberdeen for us and they like his song. He's garbage. 

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Jack and Candeias were taken off before 15st McKenna sent them over the Hamdump South Stand. We lack the killer instinct. 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

Arfield passes the buck and goes sideways the same way Jack does. Another very average player wildly overrated because he had one semi-reasonable season with Burnley.

He offers more in the final third and is prepared to drive into the box plus he would have given Ejaria and Kent someone to link with.   His biggest problem for me is his inconsistency. 

25 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Spastic. He dominated that game along with Ejaria.

Dominated the game ? Dominating the game is bossing it ,creating ,everything going through you, playing it 5 yards to the side to a full back for a season and a half even although there’s options in front Is a waste of a jersey , don’t even attempt to come back with aye but he breaks up play he doesn’t , doesn’t win a tackle and contributes absolutely fuck all week in week out 

24 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Jack played well. I was surprised he was taken off and Coulibaly left on.

Was taking off because we needed to score and 5 yard passes square to both full backs or back to the centre half’s with 40 yards of room in front of him to drive into isn’t going to bring that goal 

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, dear fuck we must be really bad if he is one of the best along with Halliday ha ha ha, when oh when are we going to get rid of the fucking losers and if Gerrard thinks he is good then its time for him to go.

15 minutes ago, shaka said:

He done his job really well today.  He's a holding midfielder and he won every tackle he had to, kept things tidy and maintained possession well. What more can you expect him to do?

Only criticism was when he had his chance to shoot, he needed to hit the target at least.  He lacked composure but other than that he played well.

He isn't Rangers quality. I know it. You clearly know it. 

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Can’t play him and Lassana in midfield. Don’t think Lassanas being used properly either.

Jack had a good game but should of been subbed for Arflied with Lassanas moving into defensive midfield earlier as his legs had gone.

Lassanas and Jack shouldn't be in the same midfield apart from maybe away games in Europe.

30 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Massively overrated. 

Can normally keep it neat and tidy, apart from conceding the corner in which they scored from, but for us I don't think he offers enough. 

Had plenty of chances to play a decisive pass, but would rather turn and keep it simple. 

His job is to screen the back four, keep the ball moving and win it back when we've lost it.

He probably does that better than anyone in the league bar some ugly bald cunt who's on the wane.