Ryan Jack

Drum

16 minutes ago, Drum said:

He isn't Rangers quality. I know it. You clearly know it. 

With better players around him, I think the job he does would be appreciated more.  If people expect him to win the ball and drive forward with it, then it's totally unrealistic.  There are very few defensive midfielders who are capable of both defending and attacking equally well.  We're unlikely to be able to afford any of them.

1 hour ago, the old guard said:

The only thing jack was guilty of tonight was showing poor awareness and no composure when he had a chance to put candiuas in on goal, instead he snatches at the shot and like others around him couldn't provide in the final third of the pitch. Defensively he was fine. 

Your right, but defence shouldn't be a big problem playing in Scottish football for a team like Rangers, that's the rub and Gerrard is making heavy weather of it.

Jack was not the problem but I think he is very one dimensional.

He is a solid, average player. Yes he's a sitting midfielder but hardly an inspiration in the middle of the park. He enforces fuck all and should be capable of offering something going forward from time to time.

Have Aberdeen missed him? Nope.

Offers too little for me.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Jack does the link play and protector role. He did it very fucking well.

He was not the problem today. Nowhere near the problem.

He wasn't the problem today but the problem has been with us for years and Gerrard can't see the solution or react to the problem either, which is more of worry to be going forward with.

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

The only thing jack was guilty of tonight was showing poor awareness and no composure when he had a chance to put candiuas in on goal, instead he snatches at the shot and like others around him couldn't provide in the final third of the pitch. Defensively he was fine. 

Can’t remember the incident off the top of my head mate but with you saying “put Candias in on goal” I assume it would have required a forward pass that’s why he wouldn’t have done it 

47 minutes ago, butthole said:

Jack was not the problem but I think he is very one dimensional. He is a solid, average player. I know he's a sitting midfielder but he should be capable of offering something going forward.  

Have Aberdeen missed him? Nope. 

Have Aberdeen missed him? Yep.

Jack is a good holding midfielder and does his job well. He's there to break up play and protect the backline

The problem in our midfield has been lack of creativity. We don't have a playmaker. We have hard working grafters.

We need a midfielder that can link up midfield and attack and open up defences with his passing. That will take some big investment to get. 

Results when Jack’s started...

0-0

1-0

1-1

1-1

0-0

1-0

3-3

1-0

0-1

0-0

0-1

An indication of the negative impact his type of play has on the team when you see the lack of goals in the games he’s started.

By the time he gets the ball passes 2/3 times around the middle of the park any player further forward is marked, space or any gaps filled in by the opposition and that leads to us doing another 5-10 pointless passes around.

Anyone playing that position needs to be able to win the ball and see what’s ahead quickly and play passes that get us on the attack. He does the opposite.

He’d be good for a team that comes under pressure a lot and wants to kill the momentum in games. Sadly he kills our momentum in getting anywhere quickly enough to hurt teams.

5 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

In the holding role, he's the best we have.  Won't influence the game going forward but he did fine today and was the best of the three in the middle. Other two should have been hooked before him. 

Miscontrol conceded the corner they scored from.

Small margins, but undid anything decent he may have done before.

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Jack does the link play and protector role. He did it very fucking well.

He was not the problem today. Nowhere near the problem.

Made up position for a shite centre midfielder , refuses to even attempt to look forward to try make things happen 

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Making stuff up now.

He’s played centre midfield for us for almost a season and a half now and not played a single telling ball or scored a single goal , but helping us win a match isn’t his job I’ll be told , madness , 5 yard balls to the full backs and centre halfs , I could do that , doesn’t tackle either so I’m struggling to think of what he actually does 

17 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Probably our best player today. Don't think him and Coulibally should be in the same midfield though. One or the other imo.

Im not having a go mate but if thats anywhere near true then thats one of our major problems, we were playing a very average Aberdeen and theres no need for so many negative, defensive types in the team.

As previously posted I believe we set up as if we are playing an away European tie.