Coulibaly and Ejaria

ForeverAndEver

20 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Jack seems to take the ball 3 yards away from the centre back, shit himself to play an incisive pass and lay it off to the other centre back. I'm not sure what the point in having him there is he's not affecting the game at all 

At least he can tackle and reads game well. Breaks up opposition attacks. Coulibaly is just total pish.

47 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Jack seems to take the ball 3 yards away from the centre back, shit himself to play an incisive pass and lay it off to the other centre back. I'm not sure what the point in having him there is he's not affecting the game at all 

He's a defensive midfielder no fucking Pirlo :lol:

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol:

Wish it wasn't true. Just spinning in circles on the spot. Stupid thing is, the one moment he actually played the ball forward was one of our best chances. Once the crowd became agitated I think the players were scared to try the forward pass.

10 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Add middleton to this aswell.

Away tae fuck 😃

Middelton never had a good game last night but he at least tried to beat his man, put the ball into the box or taker a shot. These two donkeys were both going out their way to avoid getting the ball. Cowards.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Wish it wasn't true. Just spinning in circles on the spot. Stupid thing is, the one moment he actually played the ball forward was one of our best chances. Once the crowd became agitated I think the players were scared to try the forward pass.

Completely agree, he's a lot better in the European games imo but domestically he's been pretty poor. 

Both have been poor for some time now. They have just been passengers in games. 

I really think they need to be dropped at the weekend. Give Rossiter or Mccrorie a chance alongside jack and Arfield. I imagine they'll be busting a gut to impress the gaffer. 

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

There was one episode in the first half that illustrates your point perfectly.

Goldson dithered on the ball in our half.

The crowd started to murmur, so he just launched a 50 yard ball to Middleton that the kid had absolutely no chance of reaching.

We need folk who aten’t Going to be pressurised into mistakes by our own fans!

Ross McCrorie is a much better player than coulibaly! I honestly can't believe we're persisting on playing him, he's fucking terrible.

The centre of the park is still our biggest weakness as guys like jack, coulibaly, ejaria, dorrans and rossiter are a waste of a wage. 

Our defensive midfielders still get bullied and our only creative no10 if u like is arfield. 

Where's rossiter now or should I say how long is he out for now????

This is the biggest month of the season and we need our players to stand up and realise who they are playing for. 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Throw jack into this to , most pointless footballer I’ve seen play top flight football for us , brings nothing 

Jack's job in a game like that is to take the ball off the defence and move it onto more advanced players. When Coulibally literally sprints away from the ball and Ejaria hides behind his marker instead of showing for it it's a pretty hard job. He had to do 3 mens job tonight.

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Jack's job in a game like that is to take the ball off the defence and move it onto more advanced players. When Coulibally literally sprints away from the ball and Ejaria hides behind his marker instead of showing for it it's a pretty hard job. He had to do 3 mens job tonight.

He’s took the ball off the centre half played it to a full back gets it back then plays it back to the original centre half for 2 season , doesn’t tackle doesn’t break up play , any of the supporters in the stadium could do what jack does 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

He’s took the ball off the centre half played it to a full back gets it back then plays it back to the original centre half for 2 season , doesn’t tackle doesn’t break up play , any of the supporters in the stadium could do what jack does 

😃😃😃

Away and email the club then mate am sure you'll get a start at Dens.

Rossiter is the only one out of our holding midfielders who can actually play a decent forward pass - but tbf to Jack, as @Jeffrey says if none of the other midfielders want to take responsibility and find space to receive the ball, there's not much he can actually do other than try to force it out wide.  

32 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He stands next to the centre back and makes a pass they could make themselves. He gets in the way and slows the game down to fuck.

He's there to receive the ball from our centre backs to then either play it forward to our attacking players, or wide to our full backs. So that we're not launching it into no man's land all the time. 

Do you even know how football works? 

26 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's there to receive the ball from our centre backs to then either play it forward to our attacking players, or wide to our full backs. So that we're not launching it into no man's land all the time. 

Do you even know how football works? 

But he doesn't play it forward to our attacking players he makes a 5 yard pass back to the centre back or rolls it to the full back. Passes that could be made by Goldson or McAuley.  Everything seemed to slow down to go through Jack who was ineffectual at linking play in a way that advanced us up the pitch.  I don't see what he adds tbh. He's a bit of a blue eyed boy on here. 

53 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Ross McCrorie is a much better player than coulibaly! I honestly can't believe we're persisting on playing him, he's fucking terrible.

The centre of the park is still our biggest weakness as guys like jack, coulibaly, ejaria, dorrans and rossiter are a waste of a wage. 

Our defensive midfielders still get bullied and our only creative no10 if u like is arfield. 

Where's rossiter now or should I say how long is he out for now????

This is the biggest month of the season and we need our players to stand up and realise who they are playing for. 

According to the gaffer Rossiter is fully fit but needs to earn his place in the side. 

I think either him or Mccrorie will provide a better option than coulibaly on his current form. 

Centre mid is our key problem area. We didn't invest in the summer there, due to other issues in the squad. This has to be addressed in January.

I fully expect Gerrard and Allen are looking at this, but how much money they have to play with is the question

Just now, trueblueal said:

But he doesn't play it forward to our attacking players he makes a 5 yard pass back to the centre back or rolls or to the full back. Passes that could be made by Goldson or McAuley.  Everything seemed to slow down to go through Jack who was ineffectual at linking play in a way that advanced us up the pitch.  I don't see what he adds tbh. He's a bit of a blue eyed boy on here. 

How can he play it forward when the players in front of him are shit scared of taking responsibility and go hiding?