Coulibaly and Ejaria

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, bluebell82 said:

Ejaria has lots of pretty touches but ultimately no end product. we will never beat celtic with him centre mid. I would take Windass in the squad over Ejaria everyday of the week.

Oh ffs. 

Tims aren’t world beaters, there pish anaw. 

They are there for the taking this year and there’s no doubt about it

5 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Spotted the Ejaria / McAulay thing at the time and couldnt believe my eyes, absolutely woeful.

Dead on mate!

Especially as they seemed keen to lure Gareth upfield, then bang a ball in behind when we inevitably gave it away at the top of their box!

29 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Ryan jack is no superstar but how often did he take the ball from the defence and then look up and the 2 of them were nowhere to be seen? 

Naw how many times did Ryan Jack pass to a defender - he seems to avoid criticism on here all the time - he' rotten and Rangers will never be a force with him in it 

56 minutes ago, Smile said:

Surprised Ejarias still getting picked if i'm honest he turns himself more than he does other players, played a good through ball to Lafferty tonight but never really offered enough.

Actually pulls off a couple or three real quality turns, tackles, or whatever, each game.

Then spoils it by giving it away, knocking it off the end of the park or playing it back to the defender who gave it him🙈

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

Ejaria looks to me like he thinks he's above this level and is only going through the motions until he gets back down the road. 

And I'm not sure he's passed to a blue jersey since Kent got injured. 

Going back to Sunday, he got clattered & the camera zoomed in on him as he’d just got up.

His face was the total look of a guy who just wasn’t bothered.

As was most of his involvement this evening.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McCrorie and Rossiter ahead of Coulibaly, pick a winger instead of Ejaria and they would have been more effective

I think McCrorie is more of a defensive midfielder, he wouldnt offer us anything going forward in Coulibaly's position (although neither is Coulibaly at the moment) and although I think Rossiter could,  is he ever going to play 2-3 games in a row?

We essentially did replace Coulibaly with a winger tonight and it was really ineffective.

Everybody compares Gerrard’s style to Klopp’s style and yes last season Liverpool had Milner, Wijnadlum and Henderson who are all solid and unspectacular in midfield but look at what he’s done this season. He’s added Keita and Shaqiri so they have different options.

Ejaria, Coulibaly, Rossiter, McCrorie, Jack are all cut from the same cloth in the sense that they all offer next to nothing in the final third of the pitch. We can chop and change them all we want but ultimately for the most part they are all the same style of player. We have Arfield who gets through a power of work so we only need one of them to play in the sitting role and what we need to really address the problem is somebody who has a bit more of an X Factor and creativity about them because it’s seriously lacking.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fucking awful

We are all hoping for Coulibally to find form we seen for a few games. Sadly I now suspect those games were the exception. 

Ejaria is a waste of a shirt imo. Absolute garbage. Has been most of the year. Has the odd half an hour here and there but that’s it I’m afraid.