January - We need three new strikers

BigBearButt

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't get the jizzing over Solanke

An England under 21 who scored twice for them recently. A Liverpool player. If not him, who do you suggest? Moult, Rooney, Defoe like others have. Sorry but if a young English international is on our radar then I'm in.

Just now, bluenoz said:

An England under 21 who scored twice for them recently. A Liverpool player. If not him, who do you suggest? Moult, Rooney, Defoe like others have. Sorry but if a young English international is on our radar then I'm in.

Jermain Defoe has 23 England under 21 caps and you weren't happy with him.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Eddie Nketiah, an England u21, scored two in a semi final and assisted the winner in the final, an Arsenal who has actually scored a professional goal in England.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Eddie Nketiah, an England u21, scored two in a semi final and assisted the winner in the final, an Arsenal who has actually scored a professional goal in England.

Solanke has scored a professional goal, for Liverpool, in the Premier League, (rather than the Mickey Mouse cup) May 2018 against Brighton. He is a full England international as well so I guess Southgate 'gets the hype' too.

Rather take a 21 year old with that experience than a 19 year old with minimal senior experience. If it was going to be a 19 year old from Arsenal then Charlie Gilmour would be a better shout, don't need to sell the club to him.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Solanke has scored a professional goal, for Liverpool, in the Premier League, (rather than the Mickey Mouse cup) May 2018 against Brighton. He is a full England international as well so I guess Southgate 'gets the hype' too.

Rather take a 21 year old with that experience than a 19 year old with minimal senior experience. If it was going to be a 19 year old from Arsenal then Charlie Gilmour would be a better shout, don't need to sell the club to him.

A fucked it and was waiting for somebody to quote it :lol: 

We have enough defensive midfielders. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A fucked it and was waiting for somebody to quote it :lol: 

We have enough defensive midfielders. 

Seems to like to get forward a fair bit and models himself on Cazorla so a bit different to what we have. 

I'd be surprised if we get any of Arsenals youngsters, the North West of England would be a more likely source in January. 

On 05/12/2018 at 22:00, Bigdave30 said:

Morelos needs to speak to a fucking therapist and grow up a lot.

But I will agree the other 2 can go in the bin.

Therapist? I’m guessing you are taking the piss or having a dig at that decent article about how he is viewed by non-Rangers fans.

On 05/12/2018 at 15:26, bluebell82 said:

Shankland and Moult would add some depth and different options up front and ideally need a goal scoring midfielder. 

you taking the piss???

One bad performance certainly attracts the moths to the flame , low posters appear from nowhere & are instant experts on what we need.  Place does ma heid in

16 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't get the jizzing over Solanke

We lack real experience in the team and we seem to be going the youth route could work but if you were Liverpool would you be sending a player up to be assaulted every game by the hammer throwers up here.

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you taking the piss???

One bad performance certainly attracts the moths to the flame , low posters appear from nowhere & are instant experts on what we need.  Place does ma heid in

Pipe down...I don't claim to be an expert - its just an opinion...So you don't think we need anymore strikers? What's up with Shankland, scoring goals and is a low risk buy? Show me realistic alternatives we can buy?

23 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Therapist? I’m guessing you are taking the piss or having a dig at that decent article about how he is viewed by non-Rangers fans.

Aye don’t take everything you read on the internet literally, especially not some of the shite I write 😂

2 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Pipe down...I don't claim to be an expert - its just an opinion...So you don't think we need anymore strikers? What's up with Shankland, scoring goals and is a low risk buy? Show me realistic alternatives we can buy?

Pipe down.......  ffs I haven't even piped up yet.

Moult = bang average and scores about 1 every five or six games, Garner had a better record and coming from the Champonship would likely be >1M, not worth the risk.

Shankland === young but seems to know where the goal is, if cheap might be worth a punt. 

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Pipe down.......  ffs I haven't even piped up yet.

Moult = bang average and scores about 1 every five or six games, Garner had a better record and coming from the Champonship would likely be >1M, not worth the risk.

Shankland === young but seems to know where the goal is, if cheap might be worth a punt. 

Tbf I take your point about Moult, maybe not the best option, but we someone who we can turn to when we need to go route one and can't break teams down. Shankland def worth a punt imo.