3 games against them this season

GOAT

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Motherwell, sheep, Livingston. All well drilled, and go for physical games against us, main tactic being play game in front of them and look for set pieces or break aways.

We've not got the ability to overcome this style.

Spot on. And more specifically our midfield needs beefed up as a matter of urgency. 

We will be bullied for the rest of the season if we don't do something in January about this.  

Just now, Supersonic said:

It's getting to be a pattern at this point. 2 sheep games now, livi away, killie at home. They've all been virtually identical types of games and we've no answer for it.

Yup.

I'm assuming Ejaria stayed on last night to give some kind of flair or creativity. It didn't happen and was never going to. That much was obvious early on and blatantly obvious as the match progressed.

When creating so little doing more of what we'd kept failing with, we'd have been as well yanking him off and puting a CH upfront for the last 10 and going direct.

We need to find something different in these games when it's clear our style is failing, rather than just continuing with more of the same until the click ticks down and out.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yup.

I'm assuming Ejaria stayed on last night to give some kind of flair or creativity. It didn't happen and was never going to. That much was obvious early on and blatantly obvious as the match progressed.

When creating so little doing more of what we'd kept failing with, we'd have been as well yanking him off and puting a CH upfront for the last 10 and going direct.

We need to find something different in these games when it's clear our style is failing, rather than just continuing with more of the same until the click ticks down and out.

I'm still surprised we never made a third sub. Ejaria or Coulibaly could've been subbed for either Halliday or even Rossiter. I know they're not game changers, but could've tried something in the last 10 minutes or so.

5 minutes ago, Drum said:

Spot on. And more specifically our midfield needs beefed up as a matter of urgency. 

We will be bullied for the rest of the season if we don't do something in January about this.  

The scum and sheep both have true captains in the sense they spur team mates on, hold others to account, are always central to their play and are happy to put the boot in and also manage referees.

We can argue about how good they are, but by fuck we need someone of that ilk in the middle who stands up to be counted and drives the team on.

I know we don't have the money but oh for a Barry Ferguson type right now.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

I'm still surprised we never made a third sub. Ejaria or Coulibaly could've been subbed for either Halliday or even Rossiter. I know they're not game changers, but could've tried something in the last 10 minutes or so.

Coulibally obviously did get subbed but yep better throwing the kitchen sink at it and losing a 2nd than doing more of the same and creating little at the end. I don't get still having players wanting to contribute but us only using 2 subs instead sticking Ejaria who wasn't contributing.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Coulibally obviously did get subbed but yep better throwing the kitchen sink at it and losing a 2nd than doing more of the same and creating little at the end. I don't get still having players wanting to contribute but us only using 2 subs instead sticking Ejaria who wasn't contributing.

It's not the first time either. Sheep semi and the livi away game we had Halliday and Grezda sitting on the bench and we only used 2 subs.

13 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

There will be plenty more than Aberdeen that will do this. If any team sits tight and keeps compact they've a good chance of picking up a point because we only seem capable of passing side to side, have no-one who can run and beat a man and have no-one who can play a killer pass to cut a defence open. 

We need to remedy that in January.

I think Murphy is a type of player that can beat a man and find a pass, but his season is over. 

We nee to bring in a number 10 in January, even if that is the only buy we make ( another striker and a back up LB and another midfieler wouldn't go amiss either mind you).

an attacking game swaying midfielder could be the difference between 2nd and 1st this year.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

an attacking game swaying midfielder could be the difference between 2nd and 1st this year.

Yep you are right mate. 

By way of example, Ryan Jack appeared on RTV last night and announced he feels he is playing very well this season(!).

Apparently square passing for 89 minutes and a couple of balloons over the crossbar is Ryan's idea of a Rangers midfielder.  

2 hours ago, Drum said:

Yep you are right mate. 

By way of example, Ryan Jack appeared on RTV last night and announced he feels he is playing very well this season(!).

Apparently square passing for 89 minutes and a couple of balloons over the crossbar is Ryan's idea of a Rangers midfielder.  

He is playing well.

2 hours ago, Drum said:

Yep you are right mate. 

He's a defensive midfielder. 

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

We need to remedy that in January.

I think Murphy is a type of player that can beat a man and find a pass, but his season is over. 

We nee to bring in a number 10 in January, even if that is the only buy we make ( another striker and a back up LB and another midfieler wouldn't go amiss either mind you).

Playing one up top means it’s essential our midfielders get beyond the striker and into the box, Arfield really is the only player we’ve got who does this with any regularity, by fuck we missed him last night.

7 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Playing one up top means it’s essential our midfielders get beyond the striker and into the box, Arfield really is the only player we’ve got who does this with any regularity, by fuck we missed him last night.

We can moan about it but there is nothing can be done till January.  That should be our number one priority in the window.  It has to be the right player too.  Someone like the players we have isn't going to cut it.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We can moan about it but there is nothing can be done till January.  That should be our number one priority in the window.  It has to be the right player too.  Someone like the players we have isn't going to cut it.

Genuine craft is what’s missing.

51 minutes ago, gogzy said:

we need real leaders in the team, not just players after a defeat who give interviews stating I know we have let the support down we will be better the next game. we have heard that 100 times now.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Motherwell, sheep, Livingston. All well drilled, and go for physical games against us, main tactic being play game in front of them and look for set pieces or break aways.

We've not got the ability to overcome this style.

We've beat Motherwell and Livingston.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And dropped points which we shouldn't be.

But we have shown we have the ability to overcome them, sometimes all it takes is for us to get the early goal to settle the players and the crowd and then it's comfortable.

The ability is there, the commitment and mental strength when playing under pressure of expectation is where we struggle imo.