Horrendous Feeling of Deja Vu

Clemdog

6 hours ago, FSM said:

Thank fuck the tims have been shite this year or it could have been much worse by now.

They have been worse than the past few seasons, but are already 1 trophy up in the quest for a treble fucking treble. We still haven't beat them and still can't string enough wins together to really show we mean business. 

It might only be December, but in the next 5 months we really really need to step up our game. If nothing else, we need to win the Scottish cup this year. 

Can't see us going in to the old firm confident or without a suspension or two, especially with the 2 hibs games before. Really thought this could be the year, and it still could, but the players need to get their act together. No more excuses. 

Jesus Christ 

It's his first managerial job and we've got a brand new team and backroom staff.

Second in the league and 1 win from qualifying from the Europa league after 6 years of fuckin chaos..What are people expecting??

Graeme Souness' first season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986–87_Rangers_F.C._season

Walter Smiths rookie season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Rangers_F.C._season

29 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Jesus Christ 

It's his first managerial job and we've got a brand new team and backroom staff.

Second in the league and 1 win from qualifying from the Europa league after 6 years of fuckin chaos..What are people expecting??

Graeme Souness' first season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986–87_Rangers_F.C._season

Walter Smiths rookie season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Rangers_F.C._season

Fuck off with your valid points!

The Stevie G express is on its way to 55 and terminates in Baku. It's hit a few snags recently but what fucking train doesn't?! 

11 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

It feels like we’re becoming celtic from the 90s tbh.

We aren’t finishing 5th thankfully.

However some of the crackpotted paranoia that manifests itself on here though makes some of our support look like their support in the 90s.

I don’t understand the aye but the tarriers are shite compared to 2 seasons ago.

So what? This is this season. Are people expecting them to replicate their form from 2 years ago or something? 

We’re well in this we just need to stay within touching distance and add serious quality in the middle in January 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye and thankfully the tarriers have been brutal at times, doesnt change the fact that europe shouldn't give him leeway over how fucking garbage we have been in the league

Lol 'europe doesn't matter'

Money aside who would you be replacing him with then? 

5 hours ago, cp9 said:

Lol 'europe doesn't matter'

Money aside who would you be replacing him with then? 

Who said anything about replacing him, but how about he is held accountable for the shambolic team selections he has made, how about he is held accountable for the inability to change a game midway through a shite performance 

If yesterday, or wed, or any other disaster was last season pedro got it stinking, funnily enough if it wasnt for 2 of pedros signings gerrard would be in a massively worse off place right now

You don't win league titles by dropping points in the way we keep dropping them.  And league titles are not won until the team learns how to beat the other lot on a regular enough basis.    

Its a pity the team hasn't been able to lift its collective game to win a lot more league points that were very winnable because this is a weaker C.... team this season and, in my view, they were there for the taking,    I know there is a way to go yet and in times past Rangers' teams have seemed to me to be stronger in the second part of the season but right now the team does not perform anywhere near well enough to be mounting a serious title challenge at the real business end of the season.   It is disappointing if SG cannot somehow turn the players in the squad into a collective powerhouse of a team that will accept nothing less than 3 points in each league game and to be seen to be making every effort and more to do so.   

Maybe it does all come down to having enough money to get hold of players who are better equipped to be winners and not just players who try every now and then but who just do not have the quality to win the number of games of football needed to win the league.   Money that the Club still does not seem to have enough of.      

I suppose there are quite a few who would take 2nd spot as being a good enough improvement for this season with some evidence of a progressive closing of the gap.   I wanted the league title.   If that's not to be won this season then looking back at the 'what might have been' games where points were carelessly dropped will not be something to be proud of.   But SG and his coaching team would need to be going over that lost ground very carefully and with a sharp eye to identify exactly which players need to ditched and identify the quality of player needed to replace them so that a title winning side is forged.   And then, Mr King and the Board, the money found to go get such players.      

If the players are hungry enough and want to win the league title this season then the time for delivering wins against all opposition, home and away, needs to improve by a large margin.     I question whether they have the bottle and collective will to win a league title.   I'd be happy if they proved me wrong.   It's up to them.   

It's Deja Vu on here alright. There seems to be some sort of belief among some of the less-hinged in our fan base, that a manager should be able to come in, remove all the dead-wood, build a new squad from scratch and win the title at the first time of asking. If they are not successful in this simple task, they should be hounded out along with the players they brought in. Rinse and repeat until 55.

And not only that, the opinion of the way the season is going is interchangeable depending on the previous result. A players loan should be made permanent one week, and cancelled the next.

It's fucking psychotic.