Niko Katic Homesickness

Lloyd

6 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

You ever been homesick?

It doesn't matter how much money you're earning, where you're living or who you are with, being homesick as a young man is brutal and can lead to depression. only being at home until you can sort it out in your own head can sort it. At least it did in my day.

Correct.

30 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Have to question if something is not right at the club if this really is what is wrong with him.First ejaria fucks off home and now this? Seems a bit weird to me that in a club the size of Rangers, in a big city, that high earning young men are fucking off homesick.

A player's Dad is sick and he wants to be home with him and suddenly there is something wrong at the club?! 

Surely everything is right at the club if we're not putting pressure on a young man to play if his head is not in the right place. 

7 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

You ever been homesick?

It doesn't matter how much money you're earning, where you're living or who you are with, being homesick as a young man is brutal and can lead to depression. only being at home until you can sort it out in your own head can sort it. At least it did in my day.

Thats fair enough. If thats the way the guys are feeling then no you cant criticise them I agree, my point was more that you would think a big club like Rangers would have staff in place who were qualified to help with these things and see any vulnerable young guys through it. Have never really gone through homesickness on a stressful level myself no.

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

A player's Dad is sick and he wants to be home with him and suddenly there is something wrong at the club?! 

Surely everything is right at the club if we're not putting pressure on a young man to play if his head is not in the right place. 

I was commenting on the homesickness rather than any sick relatives tbf. Of course it is understandable that you would yearn to be with a close relative who is ill.

12 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Had it all the time during basic training in army and some were only 30 miles from home.  It happens with young people unfortunately.  

Of couse it happens and is a real concern. Just wondering if the club has professionals who can help with these things.

Declan John had an issue with a family member last season and was allowed time off from the squad to attend to it.  If Katic has a sick father and wanted to return to Croatia I think he would’ve been allowed to do that.  If he doesn’t like Scotland and would rather play his football somewhere else I suppose it’s a case of waiting until January and getting him a move.  Jake Cooper was the one the manager was after during the summer and we’ve still been scouting him in recent weeks.  

23 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Had it all the time during basic training in army and some were only 30 miles from home.  It happens with young people unfortunately.  

A load of the recruits at my basic training put their hands up right at the start when the platoon sergeant said "hello who doesn't want to be here", they hadn't even given it two minutes before going back home.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Brutal.  Can totally understand why that would fuck with a players head and game.

Give him a month off to go home and be with his family.

Aye. We'd be best giving him extended leave, as long as he needs and hope he comes back stronger for it. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Believe his Dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer 

That's awful for anybody to take let alone a young lad living hundreds of miles from home away from his family. He must be going through a hell of a time, I hope we support him in any way we can as a club and he comes back stronger as I'm sure his father would wish.