Old Firm ref

6superbarry6

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

As a support we used to laugh like fuck at taigs for this shite when we were winning leagues.

No doubt the refs are shite in Scotland but are people honestly suggesting that when we dropped the divisions that all referees became taigs. Embarrassing 

As a protestant society we used to laugh like fuck at taigs for being jobless, used to laugh as they were asked what school they'd went to as a means of filtering them out.

We're not laughing so much now here in west central Scotland where they are influential or leaders in many fields including government, local council, media, education, judicial etc.

Laughing at something previously doesn't prevent it from flipping 180 degrees and biting you on the arse years later.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

As a support we used to laugh like fuck at taigs for this shite when we were winning leagues.

No doubt the refs are shite in Scotland but are people honestly suggesting that when we dropped the divisions that all referees became taigs. Embarrassing 

How the fuck do you become embarrassed on a football chat sight 

Does your face go all red 🤔

Ive never quite worked that one out with the nuggets that use this term .Is it just for effect 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As a protestant society we used to laugh like fuck at taigs for being jobless, used to laugh as they were asked what school they'd went to as a means of filtering them out.

We're not laughing so much now here in west central Scotland where they are influential or leaders in many fields including government, local council, media, education, judicial etc.

Laughing at something previously doesn't prevent it from flipping 180 degrees and biting you on the arse years later.

Great post mate and sadly all so fucking true 

Not that our kind gave a fuck 

In any authority and I include the fuckpigs in this nowadays .I'm absolutely certain if you did a FOI on any of them .The results would be all too revealing 

And it will only get worse in next generation 

On 25/12/2018 at 02:52, fanaticCR said:

Who do people want instead? If it was him, Thompson, Collum or Dallas it would still be the same reaction.

And there it is; A voice of reason in the midst of angst. As far as I have seen in every domestic game we have played, it matters not one fuck which incompetent useless cunt referees us or even the two diddies who run the lines because they are all as bad as one another.

20 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What do you suggest the Protestant society should do about this situation? Stop laughing, or something more constructive?

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

And there it is; A voice of reason in the midst of angst. As far as I have seen in every domestic game we have played, it matters not one fuck which incompetent useless cunt referees us or even the two daddies who run the lines because they are all as bad as one another.

Hope your good mate.

5 hours ago, 72barca said:

What do you suggest the Protestant society should do about this situation? Stop laughing, or something more constructive?

For a start, we've sleep walked into this, many are still oblivious to the challenge to everything PUL. Some probably don't care. This needs to change.

I'd love to see a political party we can truly get behind who could make a difference at least in scotland on this front. I'll just say watch this space for now.

We need to learn to defend every challenge on things we have a right to do. Be that walk down a street with the OO. Be that support our Armed Forces day. Be that refusing to accept legislation which is pro republican. Support demos, petitions, counter actions rather than assuming someone else will.

There's a million things personally we could do practically. In the last year I've had painter, plasterer, and sparks working in my house. All from my PUL community. Support our own. All charity money I donate goes only to non republican groups. It's the small things we could all do that help with the bigger issue.

It won't be as easy for us to get our sort into positions of influence as it was for republican sympathisers- we slept whilst they manipulated it, they won't make the same mistake. But we need to try, encouraging kids to push themselves st colleges and uni and go far, challenging any sectarian barriers they find in their way in their chosen field. This will be generational changes, not overnight.

I could go on all day the mate, but there's plenty. Plenty some are doing, some need guidance to do, and some that others will laugh at and say is a lot of bollocks.

Linked to this thread many refute the notion of refs bias, it's tarrier like apparently.  But would probably agree their overarching body the SFA have demonstrated variance in how we're treated (5 way agreements, flung to lowest league) compared to for instance the scum with the paedophilia issue. Is it really too far to think the refereeing community could contain those sympathetic to the beast lot rather than us given many refs grew up in west central Scotland and at some point were likely interested enough on football to become refs, and they work for a potentially scum sympathetic organisation? If it's possible, probable, fucking challenge decisions, demand the club do, because our attitude of being above all that means fuck all if we don't stop what is clearly (for whatever reason), a further league campaign where more big decisions are going against us. We need to learn it's right to fight back against refs, compliance officer, SFA if what they're doing harm's us.

As I say, I could go on all day but there's a flavour, make of it what you will.

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For a start, we've sleep walked into this, many are still oblivious to the challenge to everything PUL. Some probably don't care. This needs to change.

I'd love to see a political party we can truly get behind who could make a difference at least in scotland on this front. I'll just say watch this space for now.

We need to learn to defend every challenge on things we have a right to do. Be that walk down a street with the OO. Be that support our Armed Forces day. Be that refusing to accept legislation which is pro republican. Support demos, petitions, counter actions rather than assuming someone else will.

There's a million things personally we could do practically. In the last year I've had painter, plasterer, and sparks working in my house. All from my PUL community. Support our own. All charity money I donate goes only to non republican groups. It's the small things we could all do that help with the bigger issue.

It won't be as easy for us to get our sort into positions of influence as it was for republican sympathisers- we slept whilst they manipulated it, they won't make the same mistake. But we need to try, encouraging kids to push themselves st colleges and uni and go far, challenging any sectarian barriers they find in their way in their chosen field. This will be generational changes, not overnight.

I could go on all day the mate, but there's plenty. Plenty some are doing, some need guidance to do, and some that others will laugh at and say is a lot of bollocks.

Linked to this thread many refute the notion of refs bias, it's tarrier like apparently.  But would probably agree their overarching body the SFA have demonstrated variance in how we're treated (5 way agreements, flung to lowest league) compared to for instance the scum with the paedophilia issue. Is it really too far to think the refereeing community could contain those sympathetic to the beast lot rather than us given many refs grew up in west central Scotland and at some point were likely interested enough on football to become refs, and they work for a potentially scum sympathetic organisation? If it's possible, probable, fucking challenge decisions, demand the club do, because our attitude of being above all that means fuck all if we don't stop what is clearly (for whatever reason), a further league campaign where more big decisions are going against us. We need to learn it's right to fight back against refs, compliance officer, SFA if what they're doing harm's us.

As I say, I could go on all day but there's a flavour, make of it what you will.

Good post, m8, I agree with the direction you are headed. 
Maybe the PUL community doesn't feel that it has lost enough yet for it to react as necessary, and it has to start with encouraging and counselling the youth.

The problem with refs and officials is it’s just easier to give a decision against Rangers than for us. To even attempt to give a decision Morelos way is remarkable as well. It’s literally getting to the stage where Morelos touches an opponent and it’s a freekick yet it takes for him to get wrestled to the floor to win one. 

Yesterday is a prime example. Every 50/50 throw in went Hibs way. Every 50/50 challenge the same. 

Jacks chance in the first half which clearly came off their defender was given as a goal kick. There was another incident like that as well. All these decisions add up to 2,3,4 more potential chances in a match and we’re just not getting them never mind game changing decisions going against us at a rate of about 1 in favour 4 against

On 24/12/2018 at 15:51, ForeverAndEver said:

Uncalled for mate, especially so close to Christmas :depressed:

Christmas is over, peace and goodwill to all men, nah fuck that shit, if we're gonna be cheated we may as well break a few taig skulls on the 29th.

No fucking surrender and no fucking prisoners.

On 25/12/2018 at 00:33, .Williamson. said:

Not that all the refs are celtic supporters but since the referee strike in Scotland caused by one club I do think there has been a clear agenda that a controversial decision against celtic is scrutinised far more than any controversial decision against us. Even decisions where we get the rub of the green and benefit us is all over social media and papers for days like morelos goal at tynecastle last month.

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Not that all the refs are celtic supporters but since the referee strike in Scotland caused by one club I do think there has been a clear agenda that a controversial decision against celtic is scrutinised far more than any controversial decision against us. Even decisions where we get the rub of the green and benefit us is all over social media and papers for days like morelos goal at tynecastle last month.

I wouldn't argue that mate but I find it embarrassing how some in our support get on over refs now. Embarrassing that we have a thread on the forum dedicated to a conspiracy and all 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I wouldn't argue that mate but I find it embarrassing how some in our support get on over refs now. Embarrassing that we have a thread on the forum dedicated to a conspiracy and all 

Aye. am not one for conspiracy theories either, just think that it's a combination of shite referees and shitebag referees.