Once a bear ...............

The Widow's Son

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Aye it's a guy my brother used to work with and he's actually blocked me on FB because I commented under one of his statuses about it not that long ago, so I can't see him now 

Swear to fuck he shared a Man United season ticket for years with a mate of his and now this year for the first time he's got a ST for us and posts non stop about us. Loads of people under his posts comment about it 

thats just strange. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Aye he's the extreme example but theres a few others I know of that have jumped on the bandwagon this season with Gerrard and the European results 

aye see thats rubbish. They should be hounded till they start going to ice hockey or some shit like that

Seems like I made a right cunt of it in Vienna and annoyed a couple of folk to the extent I'm probably not going to associate myself with them any more. But stop going? Fuck it. As far as I can see they were a bit sensitive. I know loads who stopped going since 2012 and now wish they hadn't. There's nothing like being among the bears, good times and bad. It's a lifetime commitment.

12 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Seems like I made a right cunt of it in Vienna and annoyed a couple of folk to the extent I'm probably not going to associate myself with them any more. But stop going? Fuck it. As far as I can see they were a bit sensitive. I know loads who stopped going since 2012 and now wish they hadn't. There's nothing like being among the bears, good times and bad. It's a lifetime commitment.

Fuck it mate ,every body makes mistakes ,I’ve made shit loads but if ur so called m8s can’t forgive u then not worth ur while 

Could never imagine a time when I didn’t care what was going on with us. I followed all over Europe and had a season ticket for 26 years. I would still be going today but unfortunately my circumstances changed in 2011 and I can’t physically go to games now. I’m still hopeful that I’ll be able to return someday. In my opinion, once a bluenose always a bluenose. And thank God for that. 

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

Used to have a supporters bus running from my town but after we went down the leagues and the numbers for the bus went down it stopped running. Most of the boys just started going to local games instead and just following Rangers on the TV.

Where’s your town? 

Just don’t get that, I’m in my 40’s now and struggle to function normally when we don’t have a game for the international break....you don’t get to stop following Rangers. Don’t get me wrong finances may dictate how and when etc of course...but to turn around and say, I’m just not bothered anymore? 

9 hours ago, TMB said:

I can understand why it might become impossible if you become an expat'.  The guys who have moved to Australia need to get up in the middle of the night to catch a live game and how often do they do that?  Support for the team is probably limited to forums and highlight reels on YouTube.  

To be honest mate, as an expat myself who has lived in Australia and Hong Kong it's great! You get to watch every single game live on the box for a fiver a game.  It's particularly good in Hong Kong as most games are on at 10 or 11pm at the weekend.  Hibs are on tonight at 11pm and my bird has all the Rangers games marked in a calendar as she knows I'm not up for doing nothing at that time haha.

And if a game is on at 2am and you really can't be awake at that time for whatever reason then you can get up and watch it "as live" at 7 or 8am.  Its annoying missing live games at the stadium and I can't wait till the day I'm back and attending them all but for any TV fans the expat life is actually pretty good. I do feel I'm missing special live moments during the SG era and will miss 55 as I will be away for a few years yet but you can't have everything.

Every supporters club I have been to  whether it's been in Brisbane, Melbourne, Hong Kong or on other random trips  has been solid too.  In Hong Kong We have had Mols, Marv Andrews, Goram, Clint Hill, a few others just sitting with us in the bar watching the games and we get a glimpse of the 21s at the Hong Kong 7s every year.  Just depends how passionate you are about it really I suppose but for people really interested being an expat is a shit reason to drift away.  If anything I take being abroad as an opportunity to spread the Rangers name around.  There's actually even a HK Rangers football club semi pro team here who use the Rangers badge... Some old Rangers players from 70s and 80s turned out for them. 

IMG_20181226_110311.jpg

Oh and the only time I think it would be tough would be if you lived in the UK and had a kid who played at the same time as Rangers.  I can totally understand those who would rightly prioritise going to watch their kids play over Rangers.

1 hour ago, don1972 said:

Once a bear !!!!

Always a bear...

end of......

I've always been ancient staunch anti fucker romans, Saxon Queen and  Country Conservative Unionist Patriot and latterly became a Bear however don't think that should  be held against me as I now very much like most of the Bears on here and intend to be one until death do us part.

Mon the Saxons!!!

5 minutes ago, Oaktreeloyal said:

I've always been staunch anti roman Saxon Queen and  Country Conservative Unionist Patriot and later became a Bear however don't think that should  be held against me as I now very much like the bears on here and intend to be one until death do us part.

Mon the Saxons!!!

If u don’t mind me asking what we’re u b4 u were a son of William ?

10 hours ago, Steelydan1690 said:

If u don’t mind me asking what we’re u b4 u were a son of William ?

Merely a Daily Mail reading Anglo Saxon Briton entirely aware of my ancient anti roman roots and views but with nowhere to air them until logging onto the good RM mate. Once on here I found myself among a plethora of good people who hold simlar views and outlooks.

And an snp hater of course.

6 hours ago, RDB14 said:

To be honest mate, as an expat myself who has lived in Australia and Hong Kong it's great! You get to watch every single game live on the box for a fiver a game.  It's particularly good in Hong Kong as most games are on at 10 or 11pm at the weekend.  Hibs are on tonight at 11pm and my bird has all the Rangers games marked in a calendar as she knows I'm not up for doing nothing at that time haha.

And if a game is on at 2am and you really can't be awake at that time for whatever reason then you can get up and watch it "as live" at 7 or 8am.  Its annoying missing live games at the stadium and I can't wait till the day I'm back and attending them all but for any TV fans the expat life is actually pretty good. I do feel I'm missing special live moments during the SG era and will miss 55 as I will be away for a few years yet but you can't have everything.

Every supporters club I have been to  whether it's been in Brisbane, Melbourne, Hong Kong or on other random trips  has been solid too.  In Hong Kong We have had Mols, Marv Andrews, Goram, Clint Hill, a few others just sitting with us in the bar watching the games and we get a glimpse of the 21s at the Hong Kong 7s every year.  Just depends how passionate you are about it really I suppose but for people really interested being an expat is a shit reason to drift away.  If anything I take being abroad as an opportunity to spread the Rangers name around.  There's actually even a HK Rangers football club semi pro team here who use the Rangers badge... Some old Rangers players from 70s and 80s turned out for them. 

IMG_20181226_110311.jpg

I know that Alex Willoughby and Craig Watson played for HK Rangers - Alex went back home to become a Rangers PR man and Craig moved to Durban South Africa. Unfortunately both passed on a few years ago, just soon after Jim Baxter. 

19 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Then there's those other ones, that may have filtered away over the years but when 2012 happened they took a renewed interest in Rangers.

I am sure you'll find on here (because I am one of them) and on follow follow too of the increase in new members that looked for ways to rectify what went wrong.

We never know, may well be the best thing that ever happened.

I didn't go to many games before 2012 because I worked 70 odd hours a week and didn't have the money. The reality of almost losing my club made me go whenever I could. Got my first session ticket when Warburton took over but unfortunately had you give it up again this season. 

Will never take the club for granted again.