Once a bear ...............

The Widow's Son

I'm sure quite a few of us know of rabid bears who stopped going to see Rangers for any number of reasons.  Finances, marriage and family, lack of interest, team going through a lean spell  - I've heard it all and perhaps you have too.  What could fill the hole in their lives when they leave?  Not sure if hobbies like gardening or jogging could ever compensate.  I've met a few of them abroad and perhaps they have good reason since they live so far away.  Don't think I could ever turn my back on my team.

Used to have a supporters bus running from my town but after we went down the leagues and the numbers for the bus went down it stopped running. Most of the boys just started going to local games instead and just following Rangers on the TV.

stopped supporting us in 2012 when we were liquidated, started supporting Sevco when we got to the top tier and brought Gerrard in, might chuck it again if we don't win the next two since there's no point in getting my hopes up when we're a new club anyway

Then there's those other ones, that may have filtered away over the years but when 2012 happened they took a renewed interest in Rangers.

I am sure you'll find on here (because I am one of them) and on follow follow too of the increase in new members that looked for ways to rectify what went wrong.

We never know, may well be the best thing that ever happened.

56 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

I'm sure quite a few of us know of rabid bears who stopped going to see Rangers for any number of reasons.  Finances, marriage and family, lack of interest, team going through a lean spell  - I've heard it all and perhaps you have too.  What could fill the hole in their lives when they leave?  Not sure if hobbies like gardening or jogging could ever compensate.  I've met a few of them abroad and perhaps they have good reason since they live so far away.  Don't think I could ever turn my back on my team.

I can understand why it might become impossible if you become an expat'.  The guys who have moved to Australia need to get up in the middle of the night to catch a live game and how often do they do that?  Support for the team is probably limited to forums and highlight reels on YouTube.  

I had to give up my season ticket a few year ago due to working weekends in a new job and you miss the place so much I’ve no idea how anyone can completely turn their back 

Any time I get to go to a game I’m reminded just how special the place is, how lucky I was that I did used to go every second week for over a decade. I’m always jealous any time I’m watching the home games on a shitey stream in my office that I’m not there. 

I’m half considering getting a season next year and just giving it away for free to my old man for the games I can’t attend 

I used to go home, away, europe.. but not been able to make as many games over the last few years due to ill health. Hopefully get back full time supporting asap and I can get my ST back. Still die hard and watch every game and am bored out my tits any day we aren't playing so come on here

Never ever considered not watching Rangers though the McCoist/MW/PC years were a challenge as were cold dreech nights n the 70's with crowds of under 10k but then again supporting Rangers is a way of life.  Never mattered where in the world I was I always found a way to listen to (SW radio) or watch (Internet) the Rangers, that will never change. 

To paraphrase Gov. George Wallace - Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever - wouldnt have it any other way.

Stopped going under Allys long ball stuff, then enjoyed the  Warburton team in the Championship and been going since.

I will keep going till we win the league and natural order has been restored. Probably chuck it then and play golf at the weekend till I win a medal.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

fuck sake. Jump in feet first why dont you.

Aye it's a guy my brother used to work with and he's actually blocked me on FB because I commented under one of his statuses about it not that long ago, so I can't see him now 

Swear to fuck he shared a Man United season ticket for years with a mate of his and now this year for the first time he's got a ST for us and posts non stop about us. Loads of people under his posts comment about it