Vatican Assisted Referee

BridgeIsBlue

How much would it cost aclub who wins promotionAs others have pointed out, for this to be done properly and fairly every premiere league club would have to have the facilities created to house the equipment. Who would pay for that ?  And where's the money coming from to train and pay the extra staff required for every game ?  

34 minutes ago, Grundy said:

How much would it cost aclub who wins promotionAs others have pointed out, for this to be done properly and fairly every premiere league club would have to have the facilities created to house the equipment. Who would pay for that ?  And where's the money coming from to train and pay the extra staff required for every game ?  

Imho. VAR could be run as mobile units, with clubs paying for their own cameras that link into the mobile system.  For those clubs who can't afford cameras' they could hire them from the SFA  for a season.  The SFA should pay for the training of VAR staff as it's their responsibility to improve the game and wages should be paid like any other official. I don't think any club should foot the bill as it will lead to suggestions of bias. I think the Sport, media and Culture dept should fund this with the legacy funds from the commonwealth games.

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Scottish football is to pursue the introduction of video assistant referee technology following a summit between officials and top-flight managers.

At a meeting hosted by the Scottish FA in Perth, chief executive Ian Maxwell said there was now "a real appetite to investigate VAR".

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon said the meeting was "very productive".

"I think the most unanimous decision was VAR, for the referees and the managers as well," he said.

John Beaton, who reported to police online threats he allegedly received following decisions made after Rangers' win over celtic last month, was one of three referees to attend the meeting at St Johnstone's McDiarmid Park.

celtic's Brendan Rodgers and Rangers' Steven Gerrard were among the managers to attend, with Lennon emerging as their spokesman.

"It was very respectful," he said. "There was a lot of humour, a lot of debate at times and I think everyone came out of it feeling better about themselves."

Lennon also suggested that compliance officer Clare Whyte, under whom the SFA's new disciplinary system has also come under criticism, had been "very impressive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46913628

Good old BBC.

Scum fans didn’t threaten him, they only allegedly threatened him.

That'll be why the polis got called in then.

:duh:

I've no probs wi goal-line tech but for me VAR goes beyond the pail.I can see mobs of players running at Refs demanding a 2nd look for everything that happens against them,fairly or not. It'll waste a lot of time and will be used to do so by players trying to see out games.It's a nonsense of an invention in football imo.

A mate told me it was used in the recent Derby County v Southampton game and was a total f**k up in how the game was constantly interrupted and no extra time added on for it's use.

First of all im completely against VAR as these things come down to opinions bar goal line tech, everything else is an opinion. The hand ball (old firm game) under VAR i think would be a pen but in my opinion i think im on the fence whether it would be one or not. It will not work the reason it wont work is that nutters will go even madder if a ref watches a replay of something and then declan doesnt agree and then they will say, I told you so, he is bent, hes watched a replay and still wont give it. I watch la liga and VAR is used a fair but and tbh its a pain in the backside, games gets stopped fairly often. Also remember the ref was showed the porteous tackle again and offered the chance to change his mind, he refused to change his mind because fof his ego, it was one of the worst challenges ive seen and you wont see worse this season.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’re right.

No they’re not. The threats were real as proven by the police response.

Where the allegedly comes in is in terms of which taig did it until it is proven that all the them who can afford or steal a mobile were guilty.

2 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I've no probs wi goal-line tech but for me VAR goes beyond the pail.I can see mobs of players running at Refs demanding a 2nd look for everything that happens against them,fairly or not. It'll waste a lot of time and will be used to do so by players trying to see out games.It's a nonsense of an invention in football imo.

A mate told me it was used in the recent Derby County v Southampton game and was a total f**k up in how the game was constantly interrupted and no extra time added on for it's use.

I see what you mean, if a team is ahead and are trying to kill time then VAR could be abused to do that. Maybe VAR needs clear rules set out so that it can't be abused by refs or clubs. VAR is going to slow the game down but if they do have it, then they need clear rules to run it as they intended - to help refs keep the game fair.

On 17/01/2019 at 22:47, BridgeIsBlue said:

Scottish football is to pursue the introduction of video assistant referee technology following a summit between officials and top-flight managers.

At a meeting hosted by the Scottish FA in Perth, chief executive Ian Maxwell said there was now "a real appetite to investigate VAR".

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon said the meeting was "very productive".

"I think the most unanimous decision was VAR, for the referees and the managers as well," he said.

John Beaton, who reported to police online threats he allegedly received following decisions made after Rangers' win over celtic last month, was one of three referees to attend the meeting at St Johnstone's McDiarmid Park.

celtic's Brendan Rodgers and Rangers' Steven Gerrard were among the managers to attend, with Lennon emerging as their spokesman.

"It was very respectful," he said. "There was a lot of humour, a lot of debate at times and I think everyone came out of it feeling better about themselves."

Lennon also suggested that compliance officer Clare Whyte, under whom the SFA's new disciplinary system has also come under criticism, had been "very impressive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46913628

Good thread and love your thread title mate ! :thumbsup: