Morelos incident

Virtuoso

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Rescinded if we appeal in my opinion. 

Should’ve just ended the thread right there. But I’m sure the handwringers will be telling us he’s pure petulant and let the team down. 

McKenna drags Mos foot in. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's absolutely no "stamp".

He doesn't stamp on him in the way the media etc are making out

But he moves his foot so it come down in an unnatural way & he studs McKenna either on the stomach/balls 

There's absolutley no question about McKenna's one, it's a red clear as day and everybody agrees about that. If it's roles reversed, are you honestly saying you'd have accepted Morelos getting a red & McKenna a booking? 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He most certainly did not bring his foot down heavily on the sheep player.

How can you stamp if you're foot drops by less than an inch and at no force ffs?

Best stop digging, sky have another vid shown in the post match last night, does not look good at all especially the laughing while looking through fingers for the ref.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Should’ve just ended the thread right there. But I’m sure the handwringers will be telling us he’s pure petulant and let the team down. 

McKenna drags Mos foot in. 

Handwringers for not wanting our best player getting himself needlessly involved with other players 😃

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Handwringers for not wanting our best player getting himself needlessly involved with other players 😃

Hand wringers for agreeing he should’ve got a Red. 

How did he get involved? McKenna tackles him drags MOs foot onto himself then kicks out, do you want Mo to tell them all not to tackle him in case they make a cunt if it. 

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Thats what he does tho just something we need to get on with. He rag dolls defenders about.. If on occasion if that means he goes over the line then thats fine by me   

Just now, backup said:

Best stop digging, sky have another vid shown in the post match last night, does not look good at all especially the laughing while looking through fingers for the ref.

Stop deflecting. I've said the stuff afterwards is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

He doesn't stamp on him in the way the media etc are making out

But he moves his foot so it come down in an unnatural way & he studs McKenna either on the stomach/balls 

There's absolutley no question about McKenna's one, it's a red clear as day and everybody agrees about that. If it's roles reversed, are you honestly saying you'd have accepted Morelos getting a red & McKenna a booking? 

Moving foot, coming down in an unnatural way does not equate to a stamp, excessive force or brutality.

I've said I get why Madden sent both off and haven't been critical of him, and that I hate the person starting incidents to get off lighter than the person who reacts to it.

My point is that now, moving on from what happened and reflecting on the rules for any appeal, it doesn't fit the criteria for a red.

Take away the sheep player also getting a red, Morelos play acting afterwards and isolate his action alone, there's simply no excessive force or brutality and as such it should be considered a yellow

13 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

You don't think him getting involved in an incident like that could have cost us points?

I think he has been guilty in the past but I don’t think he done anything last night and think the contribution of the goals far outweighs the red card.

Im assuming those believing last night was a red by definition of excessive force or brutality are also of the opinion he should have been sent off for one of several incidents on the scum game? Little difference in force, brutality levels, where contact was made etc. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hand wringers for agreeing he should’ve got a Red. 

How did he get involved? McKenna tackles him drags MOs foot onto himself then kicks out, do you want Mo to tell them all not to tackle him in case they make a cunt if it. 

I love the guy but you're so blinkered when it comes to him it's unreal

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think he has been guilty in the past but I don’t think he done anything last night and think the contribution of the goals far outweighs the red card.

Of course they do but that doesn't mean he was in the right to get involved

1 minute ago, BlueEdu said:

Alf is incredible, but is making things harder than they need to be.

SG has spoke to him before, but that didn’t seem to make a difference. What does Gerrard need to do to get through to him?

Fuck all the gaffer has said he wants him on edge.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Im assuming those believing last night was a red by definition of excessive force or brutality are also of the opinion he should have been sent off for one of several incidents on the scum game? Little difference in force, brutality levels, where contact was made etc. 

He could have easily been sent off in that game

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He most certainly did not bring his foot down heavily on the sheep player.

How can you stamp if you're foot drops by less than an inch and at no force ffs?

Look at McKenna’s reaction. I think you might flinch a wee bit if someone stamps on your baws!

Just now, KingKirk said:

Fuck all the gaffer has said he wants him on edge.

An edge shouldn't mean needless stupidity, and that's what he's shown too often. An edge shouldn't cost us points but last night, not for the first time, that's nearly what happened.

Petulance isn't an edge.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

More contact in his incidents v the scum yet absolutely not one fuck was given. It wasn't a red but IMO once one went the other was going as well