"When we walked out to going for 55 my heart sank" - Mark Warburton

.Williamson.

2 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

So it was the going for 55 that killed off our hopes thst year? Nothing to do with the shitey signings, piss poor tactics, and lack of any inspiration from the management team then? It was never going to be warburton for 55 with the way it was back then but even so,  I still find him extremely irritating as a person. I can cut pedro some slack for just being an out of depth dumbarse in the wrong place at the wrong time, but warburton gets on my fucking wick on a different level, and coming out with utter shite like this definitely doesnt help. Blue boys are fuckibg back indeed. JUST FUCK OFF MARK!!!

Tbf, the magic hat song came from the supporters, and ver near everyone jumped on that bandwagon. 

The 55 thing prob came from their, the supporters. Prob was too big for him, and the day we went to the tattie bowl 4-3-3 confirmed it.

walter with far better players and experience would never have tried that. 

I’m amazed he tried that, and even more so in DW letting him.

i always thought Barton would never have had a meltdown for no reason.  I’m positive Barton was right at the time, maybe went about it the wrong way.

dont wish Warburton any harm, as he gave Us football we should have been playing all those years in those lower divisions.

Rodgers probably couldn’t believe his luck that day when we rocked up set up for a thrashing. 

That heavy defeat set us on a chain of a few defeats like that. 

34 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

To think there was loads of people still backing this salesman right up to the end

With statements like "he needs time; he's instilling a new ethos at the club..."   wtf?

Horrendous character. Much more suited to noncing about a plush London office in his red braces pretending he's billy big baws

A complete waste of 2 years but thank fuck we've got Gerrard now.  

12 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Tbf, the magic hat song came from the supporters, and ver near everyone jumped on that bandwagon. 

The 55 thing prob came from their, the supporters. Prob was too big for him, and the day we went to the tattie bowl 4-3-3 confirmed it.

walter with far better players and experience would never have tried that. 

I’m amazed he tried that, and even more so in DW letting him.

i always thought Barton would never have had a meltdown for no reason.  I’m positive Barton was right at the time, maybe went about it the wrong way.

dont wish Warburton any harm, as he gave Us football we should have been playing all those years in those lower divisions.

Rodgers probably couldn’t believe his luck that day when we rocked up set up for a thrashing. 

That heavy defeat set us on a chain of a few defeats like that. 

You are correct of course, it was a bandwagon of some monentum and was all ultimately too big a task for him in the end, as with pedro. Makes ye appreciate a big name and big personality like stevie all the more really. From the ridiculous to the sublime.

:1120982233_SGsmile:.

That's the thing I dont get, even with the tims and other fans...Rangers will always be going for 55, until we are going for 56, 57,58 etc.

We know that we might not win the league every year, especially in recent seasons with the squad we have had, but the aim should always be winning the title!

You can just imagine the team after losing to Accies...dont worry guys they are a premier league team, we will look at it, learn from it and go again.

FRAUD!

1 hour ago, Cumbria_blue said:

Warburton is obviously a good coach, but probably never going to be a good manager. Someone you'd put in charge of the youths, or have as an assistant manager. 

I think he would be a good Director of Football. IIRC that was his original job at Brentford and he only took over because Uwe Rosler jumped ship to manage Leeds in the middle of the season.

Warburton peaked with the result against celtic in the cup.

At a diddy club if you get a result like that then you can generally coast off of it like it’s an actual achievement for years and I think Warburton (and a lot of his players) thought that result meant they had made it.

He never recovered from it and it was a downwards spiral from that point on which he never knew how to pull us out of because he didn’t had the mentality for the demands and expectations at a big club.

Considering where we were at the 1st June 2015, Warburton done a pretty good job the following season to win the Championship and get us to the cup final with limited resources.  We played some pretty good football along the way as well.  I don’t think he is incorrect to infer that, at the start of 2016/17 season,  we probably had unrealistic expectations in thinking that we could win the league first season back.  However, the thing that has pushed Rangers on to be successful over the years is the high expectation of the fans and the unwillingness to accept second best.  

Ultimately, the job was too big for him and he was to set in his ‘coaching school’ methods to figure out that he had to be flexible in reacting to the limitations of our squad.  His biggest crime imo was not getting the defence sorted out leading to us continually losing cheap goals.  However, more illustrious managers (LeGuen and latterly Advocaat) had a similar affliction which eventually led to their downfalls.  He showed real naivety in the team set up in the 5-1 loss to them (Advocaat showed a similar naivety in his first game against them).  Getting beat by them is hard to take but it is a long way back for a manager afte such a heavy defeat.

The job would be too big for anyone given the budget he had, and while his tactics etc were questionable in the spfl, we should remember that one of our most valuable players right now was a Warburton signing

Infact in the last OF game 2 of our winning team were Warburton signings, 3 were pedros and one was a young boy given his chance by pedro 

So as much as gerrard has done a lot of good, he owes a lot to the previous two gaffers who get dugs abuse on here

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The job would be too big for anyone given the budget he had, and while his tactics etc were questionable in the spfl, we should remember that one of our most valuable players right now was a Warburton signing

Infact in the last OF game 2 of our winning team were Warburton signings, 3 were pedros and one was a young boy given his chance by pedro 

So as much as gerrard has done a lot of good, he owes a lot to the previous two gaffers who get dugs abuse on here

Can see where you're coming from but that's six players out of how many signed by both Caixinha and Warburton? 

Gerrard's got most of his signings spot on so far. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can see where you're coming from but that's six players out of how many signed by both Caixinha and Warburton? 

Gerrard's got most of his signings spot on so far. 

No he hasnt, grezda, lafferty, flanagan, hell even barisic was and is getting abuse, and depending on how long you think we were in discussions with him we could say shagger and arfield were coming anyone and thats a mark allen positive 

Fact is gerrards best 11 contains 6, possibly 8 players that he didnt sign, given weve spent a small fortune on both fees and wages thats a poor look on his signings 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No he hasnt, grezda, lafferty, flanagan, hell even barisic was and is getting abuse, and depending on how long you think we were in discussions with him we could say shagger and arfield were coming anyone and thats a mark allen positive 

Fact is gerrards best 11 contains 6, possibly 8 players that he didnt sign, given weve spent a small fortune on both fees and wages thats a poor look on his signings 

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic 

Jack McCrorie Arfield 

Candeias Morelos Kent 

Foderingham 

Worrall 

Halliday 

Coulibaly 

Davis 

Middleton 

Defoe 

That's our best matchday squad imo, of that 18, 10 of them are Gerrard's players. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Warburton peaked with the result against celtic in the cup.

At a diddy club if you get a result like that then you can generally coast off of it like it’s an actual achievement for years and I think Warburton (and a lot of his players) thought that result meant they had made it.

He never recovered from it and it was a downwards spiral from that point on which he never knew how to pull us out of because he didn’t had the mentality for the demands and expectations at a big club.

Totally agree with this.That result in the cup went to him and the teams head and they blew it in the final against hibs

2 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

To be fair to him but we played some good football, won the Championship and got to a major cup final. Something Ally couldn't do.

His budget was nothing like Gerrards or Pedros and first season back was always going to be a tall order.

The guy was a perfect gent when he was here, I remember him going to a fans funeral for example. Imo its a bit crass to keep sticking the boot in.  He was a dignified guy doing a tough job with wholly unrealistic expectations from board/fans. It didn't work out, let's leave it at that.

Good post bud...the posters who will have rounded on him big time will be the same posters who were worried that Spurs would try and poach him when Mauricio pochh moved on😂😂😂