We are boring to watch.

keithgersbear

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

Sideways passing, slow passing, shit movement and no tempo to our game. Which makes me think we are a boring team to watch. How many here enjoy watching us play? 

We are but one of the main contributors although he wasn’t playing today is also the supporters first pick and highly praised, so we can’t have it all ways 

We are a very average side we lack pace in wide areas and we need to start by passing the ball forward  there is far too many passes backward never mind sideways.  Fast pacy wise men are required along with 2 midfielders who can go beyond the strikers on occasion  we lack energy in midfield. Steven Davis has been a terrible signing I hope we can get rid in summer as he isn’t signed yet also Candais is not good enough he plays 1 good game in 5. He works hard yes but lacks quality and can’t be depended on. 

I  admire that we try and play the game imo the correct way but I hate how scared we are to make a mistake In trying to do the correct thing. So instead its the safe option. 

I don't believe we don't have midfielders that can't be creative I just don't think they wanna take risks.

Playing in front of the opposition/sideways passing tends to happen when teams sit in and we have little space to operate.

Our best performances are against teams that open up and leave space at the back for us to exploit.

St Johnstone are fairly well organised but we played into their hands today. The ref helped them by constantly stopping the game for nothing fouls which also prevented us getting things going.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I  admire that we try and play the game imo the correct way but I hate how scared we are to make a mistake In trying to do the correct thing. So instead its the safe option. 

I don't believe we don't have midfielders that can't be creative I just don't think they wanna take risks.

What does that even mean? We play slow shite looking football most of the time, just because nobody presses us in our own half doesn't mean we are playing the right way 

It's just so slow and laboured most of the time , we take 2 , 3 passes going sideways across the park when it could be done in 1 and it just means teams move across in formation , it's so frustrating as well because we have proved at times we can play at a high tempo and be really positive and when we do we look a great team 

11 hours ago, bam74 said:

There's been about 4 games this season where we have been good to watch for the 90 mins, a few more where we've been good to watch in bits but the majority have been poor with the results papering over the cracks. 

Agreed.  

Sad but true.  

I'm finding football in general hard to watch. The gulf between big and small clubs in practically every league means the smaller teams rarely have a go.

We are really easy to play against at Ibrox. If we don't score early against a team that have everyone behind the ball it turns into a brutal watch.

17 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

Sideways passing, slow passing, shit movement and no tempo to our game. Which makes me think we are a boring team to watch. How many here enjoy watching us play? 

We're predictable but if we score goals and win games,we're world beaters it seems.For me our lack on pace in build-ups is our downfall,gives teams time to organize and let's not talk about our crosses🤮

17 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

We're exciting in little spurts, usually involving Kent. Some of the one and two touch football getting us up the pitch is exciting at times.

The problem is we're just really patchy. Play well in short spells then the tempo slows right down with the two centre halves having too much of the ball.

18 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Playing in front of the opposition/sideways passing tends to happen when teams sit in and we have little space to operate.

Our best performances are against teams that open up and leave space at the back for us to exploit.

St Johnstone are fairly well organised but we played into their hands today. The ref helped them by constantly stopping the game for nothing fouls which also prevented us getting things going.

imo in approximately 80% of our games over a season we are up against teams that sit in/deep in one way or another. 

Alarming that we haven’t yet developed an answer to this problem.  

20 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Today we were boring. Best game to watch this year was Rapid at home. Kamara was good but again not direct enough for me. And Davis has no option but to pass sideways. He's finished. Mcrorie is limited going forward. Hope all the Arfield bashers get off his back now because we need that type of player in midfield. ( I know he's carrying knocks )

I don't think its as easy to say that Kamara wasn't direct enough,  Davis has no option etc...

Arfield, Jack, Kamara, Davis, Ejaria, Coulibaly, Halliday, Dorrans, McCrorie, Rossiter have all played in the center of midfield for us this season at various times and it's  not a coincidence that with the main 4-5 players  used in those position this season all show very little difference in terms of style of play. In my opinion its obvious that they are being told to play like that!

Our main method of attacking seems to be to overload wide areas and put balls into the box, so when the central midfielders get the ball, they look for the pass out wide, or to the other midfielder. Watching from the stands there is always acres of space in the number 10 position but we never have anyone near there as we arent interested in playing through the middle. We are very good in wide areas, which is probably the reason we focus on it, but its now becoming a bit of a hindrance, as we have no other way of playing and teams can now prepare for it, like St Johnstone did yesterday. Just get your midfielders wide, get them to double up with wingers/other midfielders and try to prevent our fullbacks and wingers getting the ball, whilst the traditional back 4 and defensive midfielder play narrow in the box to try and clear the crosses.

Obviously there will be times when we are able to create a chance doing this, but in recent games (Kilmarnock in the cup and yesterdayt especially) without Morelos, we look aimless and I wouldnt like to see the number of crosses we put into the box yesterday, only for it to be cleared! 

Do we have the players to change the style of play at the moment? I am not sure we do!

3 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

We're predictable but if we score goals and win games,we're world beaters it seems.For me our lack on pace in build-ups is our downfall,gives teams time to organize and let's not talk about our crosses🤮

I dont think its necessairly the lack of pace in build ups, we have quick players, but the tempo does at teams seem to slow and deliberate.

I was fortunate enough to attend a conference once, about football and match tactics, and the topic was how two seemingly difference tactics (Jose Mourinho's supposed defensive tactics and Pep Guardiola's supposed attacking tactics) were both effective not because the played one particular style but that the key thing was the change in tempo, to cut teams open.

Playing slow methodical possession football, wears teams out and with the right players should allow you to control the game and simiarly very direct football should enable you to get the ball forward quickly and take advantage of a team lacking defensive options, but by far the most effective way of scoring was when the tempo changed from having the ball, too going for the kill.

In my opinion we have the players to be able to switch from building the ball from the back, to creating a chance in 2-3-4 passes, but at the moment we are too heavily reliant on our wingers/fullbacks to do so effectively.

19 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Exactly mate this team has proved time and again they lack the bottle to be Rangers players.