Satisfying and Fulfilling Expectations

The Ibrox Derry

1 minute ago, tom1780 said:

We need winners in our team hate to say it but real Rangers in the dressing room who know what it means to us there only a few in the now 

not loans who don’t give 2 monkeys if we draw and they think a point is ok!!! 

trouble is where do they come from now????

That was one of my original points, where do we get them? Or can we only achieve that winning consistency by spending silly ££££ money, and even then there is no guarantees.

Thats what im saying, have i been spoiled by the unparalled success in the 90s? Do I expect too much? Am I living in the past? Has my heid not cottoned on? Or accepted that those days are past and gone? 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

That was one of my original points, where do we get them? Or can we only achieve that winning consistency by spending silly ££££ money, and even then there is no guarantees.

Thats what im saying, have i been spoiled by the unparalled success in the 90s? Do I expect too much? Am I living in the past? Has my heid not cottoned on? Or accepted that those days are past and gone? 

Nope we should never let our standards drop 

yesterday was shite and a real kick in the teeth

we are seeing some signs of improvement 

just not as quick as expected 

aw god knows man ma heeds burst with it all just now 

get Barry Ferguson in the back room team.... he’d led some of these lads know the score 

They'll be those in Ibrox that think they've done enough in having a run in Europe. You wonder after you watched that lack of effort and passion on Saturday if that attitude is reflected in the performance of the team. Even the atmosphere was muted in all corners of the stadium bar none. A big performance needed midweek by everybody.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

And here's another thing. Has there been many games this season that you havnt watched nervous as fuck and sitting on your hands counting the clock down.

Nearly every fucking game I've been a nervous wreck.

That's no right, thats no Rangers

Your rite see even at Aberdeen the other week I’m going 3-3 or 4-3 them never did I think we’d see that out let alone win 4-2

that’s no rite 

even v the tims the last 10 mins me and the lads round me couldn’t watch in the stands turned round or watching through hands mental 

4 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Joe warrell getting mom yesterday and the whole stadium laughing tells you something not rite at the moment 

Looks as though they are giving everybody a turn, a bit cringey and primary schoolish methinks.

22 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Nope we should never let our standards drop 

yesterday was shite and a real kick in the teeth

we are seeing some signs of improvement 

just not as quick as expected 

aw god knows man ma heeds burst with it all just now 

get Barry Ferguson in the back room team.... he’d led some of these lads know the score 

Am the same mate, my napper is fried with them.

25 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They'll be those in Ibrox that think they've done enough in having a run in Europe. You wonder after you watched that lack of effort and passion on Saturday if that attitude is reflected in the performance of the team. Even the atmosphere was muted in all corners of the stadium bar none. A big performance needed midweek by everybody.

That's part of the problem though, we/management keep saying that we need a big performance next game, sometimes it comes & sometimes it doesn't

The point is that we shouldn't have to be telling the players that every few weeks, they've had more than enough setbacks by now to learn and they don't seem to be. 

If they can't get themselves up to play in front of 45,000 fans inside Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon (or Wednesday in this case) then they shouldn't be there

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

As a support I don't think we can do anymore, we've put money in, we've bought the merchandise, we've packed Ibrox and other grounds all over Scotland and in Europe.

These guys will never ever play for better supporters in their careers.

Why can't they do the business on a consistent basis?

Outwith McGregor and Morelos who has his other problem in this backwater, they are all simply average. Some better than others but still average. We just pay more for our average than the average of the other also rans. I make no apology, but yesterday overall, StJ looked to have better players and I've noticed it before with other opposition. It's simple, with average you get inconsistency, with the occassional barn stormer like we did against the scum. The problem for us, is the when we come up against the smaller teams, they raise their game and it's their cup final day and on the day their average can at least matches our average and worse as results have shown.

The scûm are sitting with a £60 mil wage bill, more than three times ours, so what the expectation? If we were them with that kind of spend we would be realistically expecting to win all three trophies every year at a canter and when we lost a game go into meltdown, much more than we do now and that would be hard to believe. Now we know they ain't world beaters, but the fact is realistically it's second place. For now we live in hope, until yesterday that is, that they slip up and we can show some kind of consistency to make a serious challenge which we have failed to do under 4 managers now in the top flight in a very short time. 

That burn rate in managers is horrendous and cannot go on. 

The economics of the game have changed in that England is where it's at and becuse of it's proximity, we doubly suffer both in a talent drain and being unable to afford even an average player from down there. Outwith loans, the best we can attract is dross, compared to back in the day we had the captain of England and the English keeper in tow and even better from the continent. Those days are firmly gone forever.

The game then really hit the skids when we got unceremoniously pumped to the bottom division and gave the scum unfettered access to CL money and left us with the gap we have with them today. However access to the CL is now more difficult and now affecting their coffers a being the tight fisted bastards they are, they will cut back, so without doing anything,  the gap closes.

We cannot yet match their spending, but we can get smarter and bring in a better transfer strategy. Still too many average in and out our now revolving door, when we could be more smart bringing in less but with a better quality of player and build it up year on year to more than match the scum. That is achievable but we will need a change in mind set from both the board and management. The results show that quantity over quality only leads to disapointment and failure.

The halcion days are over, but that doesn't mean we can't recover and take titles. Just need to get more smart about it.

Realistacally the head says second, but because of who and what we are, the heart will always say first every time, and why not, even with the disappointment of not doing it.

Our day will come and it aint too far off and when it does, it will make up for all those disappointments, because will will have done it with honour and integrity intact, unlike those reprobates in the east end.

16 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Looks as though they are giving everybody a turn, a bit cringey and primary schoolish methinks.

Aye, next they will be giving big Wes a game outfield, just for the sake of inclusiveness, and not to hurt his feelings in case he goes home and tells his Maw.

The question needing asked is a simple one:

What did the Board deem to be the mission at the start of the season...…. A question that we as fans will most likely never have answered.

We as the fans deem the current clusterfuck as completely unacceptable.

I live in Newcastle.  It has cost me a fortune this season:

Ticket: £698

Parking: £250

Extra Tickets CCS £250

Fuel: £50 each game

Brews, Pies etc £10 / game.

I canny afford to shell out the cash any more and have had  to miss the last few games...….

It  may be a case where the management have got to now explore the possibility of filling in the corner areas of the stadium to enable more seating.

More seating would allow more tickets, more tickets more cash.

More cash better players etc.

I was all for SG chipping up with his playing mentality and style and expected him to drill that into the team.

I know of no other job where you can perform absolutely SHITE! and have no sort of redress to improve your performance.

The team in my opinion are lacking in several areas and we have to either punt people who are not  performing or get people in who can!

Im still raging from yesterday, 

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If they can't get themselves up to play in front of 45,000 fans inside Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon (or Wednesday in this case) then they shouldn't be there

My sentiments exactly. Plus 45/50k Rangers Fans don't turn up to hear 'forget titles' whether they believe they'll win it or not.

we are by no means expecting to much. our problem is were not good enough yet still accept it because our manager is famous 

we are one of the biggest Clubs in the world and richer than nearly every club in Scotland, we should be expecting a lot more than were getting 

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Outwith McGregor and Morelos who has his other problem in this backwater, they are all simply average. Some better than others but still average. We just pay more for our average than the average of the other also rans. I make no apology, but yesterday overall, StJ looked to have better players and I've noticed it before with other opposition. It's simple, with average you get inconsistency, with the occassional barn stormer like we did against the scum. The problem for us, is the when we come up against the smaller teams, they raise their game and it's their cup final day and on the day their average can at least matches our average and worse as results have shown.

The scûm are sitting with a £60 mil wage bill, more than three times ours, so what the expectation? If we were them with that kind of spend we would be realistically expecting to win all three trophies every year at a canter and when we lost a game go into meltdown, much more than we do now and that would be hard to believe. Now we know they ain't world beaters, but the fact is realistically it's second place. For now we live in hope, until yesterday that is, that they slip up and we can show some kind of consistency to make a serious challenge which we have failed to do under 4 managers now in the top flight in a very short time. 

That burn rate in managers is horrendous and cannot go on. 

The economics of the game have changed in that England is where it's at and becuse of it's proximity, we doubly suffer both in a talent drain and being unable to afford even an average player from down there. Outwith loans, the best we can attract is dross, compared to back in the day we had the captain of England and the English keeper in tow and even better from the continent. Those days are firmly gone forever.

The game then really hit the skids when we got unceremoniously pumped to the bottom division and gave the scum unfettered access to CL money and left us with the gap we have with them today. However access to the CL is now more difficult and now affecting their coffers a being the tight fisted bastards they are, they will cut back, so without doing anything,  the gap closes.

We cannot yet match their spending, but we can get smarter and bring in a better transfer strategy. Still too many average in and out our now revolving door, when we could be more smart bringing in less but with a better quality of player and build it up year on year to more than match the scum. That is achievable but we will need a change in mind set from both the board and management. The results show that quantity over quality only leads to disapointment and failure.

The halcion days are over, but that doesn't mean we can't recover and take titles. Just need to get more smart about it.

Realistacally the head says second, but because of who and what we are, the heart will always say first every time, and why not, even with the disappointment of not doing it.

Our day will come and it aint too far off and when it does, it will make up for all those disappointments, because will will have done it with honour and integrity intact, unlike those reprobates in the east end.

Great post. Yeah i know in my heart of hearts that our time will come again, but Iam getting impatient and I just want it to come sooner than is perhaps realistically possible.

Even if we had been 15-20% better this season we would be walking away with this championship.

That's what pisses me off.

Missed chance after missed chance.

I dont expect us to win tge league but i expect us to take strides towards that goal. I expect us to look at the issues and make challenges and change to achieve those. The club needs/has needed a complete overhaul of how things were done.

This year should have been about building a sqaud and competing as best we could in order for them to at least be ready for next year. At that point you can then add loan signings to help but we have invested in good players only to drop them for some other teams players....developing the wrong players who trot off back to their respective clubs and dont have to deal with the furore at the end of the season when we fail. 

On the park, we should at least expect to see improvement.....different game plans. We contunue to hit the wings and pump high balls into the box for the likes of Defoe whos 4ft soaking wet. 

Doing the the same thing over and over again with the same result is the definition of insanity.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Europe has been a huge factor, I said it at the time. Too many games too early in the season, got us a bit of well needed dough, but it's partly to blame for the domestic situation. It's a contributing factor.

Good post mate but disagree with this comment. Not going to make excuses for the players cos of Europe early in the season.

We beat the scum and had a long break to soak it up and steel ourselves for the business end of the season. Fatigue is NOT the reason for our lacklustre performances. The team is not gelling properly whenever the opposition sets up defensively. We have no strategy to break them down and by the second half (if we remain level) you can see our players getting nervous and the opposition growing in confidence. It's like fucking groundhog day at the minute.

18 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

My sentiments exactly. Plus 45/50k Rangers Fans don't turn up to hear 'forget titles' whether they believe they'll win it or not.

Exactly.

The thing is in a few months time the whole commercial wheel will start rolling again, we'll hear about how Gerrard (or a new manager if he goes) is going to get X amount of money to compete with the taigs next season.

Yesterday's comment were essentially him conceding the title this season & that's a fucking sickening thought come mid February, if he genuinely thinks that then he should be out the door tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, backup said:

We manage nothing, the manager does..expectations included.

If he really did say we can forget about the league, that is one expectation gone, not something Rangers managers should be doing while it is still a possibility.

From what I briefly saw in the press this morning my take on it was he was clear in saying we can forget closing the gap because if we couldn't win in front of 50000 at Ibrox against StJ then there was the evidence.     I can't recall any past Rangers manager effectively conceding the title before its mathematically impossible for us to win it but that does seem to me to be what SG has done.    He does tend to speak his mind and is not one of those who tries to hold on to hope by relying on the 'until mathematically impossible' type of statement.   

But assuming he means it, it begs the question about what expectation he will set for the team for the remaining league games.    Will he try for 2nd place and give yet more space to his failing players to try to recover some semblance of pride in the league performance?   Or does he now start to ditch those who just do not match up to what he believes they are capable of delivering and introduce development players to see if they will respond and make the jump into first team football for next season?   

If - as it seems - he has conceded the league title then there is there also the Support's expectation for the rest of the season...…...will supporters increasingly pick and choose the games to go to at Ibrox and same for away games?    It can cost a lot of money for many Supporters so if the Manager has shut the door on the league title ambition then is playing for 2nd or for a European slot now to be the expectation SG sets?    Will be interesting to see what SG says next about his approach to the remaining league games.

On a wider point about setting expectations there is the very big landmark year coming up in 2022.    If we have not won a league title before then I think it could be miles beyond the capability of any manager and any set of players that Rangers could afford to win the league title in that season.     If, as it seems, we can't get the players to handle the pressure of generating winning consistency in this current season when the other lot have slipped up so often but yet we slip up even more then finding a manager and players that could handle the pressure of having to win in 2022 could be a near impossible order.    But the Support will have that expectation.  Its self determining.  

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Exactly.

The thing is in a few months time the whole commercial wheel will start rolling again, we'll hear about how Gerrard (or a new manager if he goes) is going to get X amount of money to compete with the taigs next season.

Yesterday's comment were essentially him conceding the title this season & that's a fucking sickening thought come mid February, if he genuinely thinks that then he should be out the door tomorrow morning.

You are over analysing and over reacting to something he didn't say.

He conceded nothing, but being what he is, he knows who and what it takes. He knows this squad can only take that title if the scum throw it away. He saw the same opportunity as us. He got us there, only to wach this mediocrity throw it away. You might get some insight as to how he feels.

He also is an angry and frustrated man. The difference is we are mere amateurs and he is a professional and was one of the best in world football and been through it all repeatedly. If you ever wanted a competitor, he was it.

Did we look like title contenders yesterday? Of course we didn't, but we've been there before. It will be another case of dust ourselves down and get on with it and see what happens until it is mathematically impossible for us to win it.

TBH, i think he still wonders in bemusement at just how bad the standard is here and being a rookie, wonders at how players can't step up week on week, because he only knows the quality he was brought up on at Liverpool. 

At the end of the day we and can only piss with the cock we've got, so unless we get the buying power of the scum, it is always going to be an uphill struggle no matter who the manager is. Then there is the matter of the level playing field in this backwater, not!

5 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Spot on.  Many on here who slag the team off will have strolled into Ibrox at 2.59,  sat in silence for the entire game and fucked off on 75 minutes.    If the team had come out at kick off to a rocking, passionate Ibrox, we would probably have seen a different result.   Maybe not a 3 or 4 goal win but any win would have been 2 more points.