It needs to stop

2 hours ago, ZZed said:

Scottish cup final 2016 Hibs fans invade the pitch on mass, come over to Rangers fans on mass and assault Rangers players, what is the punishment for this? This is why people think it is ok to throw coins and bottles, no or minimal punishment.

The police failed to stop them coming right down the pitch and it’s was the goading at the far end on why the Rangers fans went on. A massive failure on the Police and both sets of fans were out of order as were the sfa for doing next to fk all in regards to punishments.

8 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I doubt we’ll ever get rid of bigotry in Scotland and deep down a part of me dosent want to lose it, I’d rather it went back to the days when both sides could take it and people weren’t so obsessively offended these days but...the singing isn’t what this post is about, its more the incidents that seem to be creeping into Scotland as a whole recently not just a Rangers problem and Steven Gerrard is bang on here and It’s his honest opinion not just some shite he’s been told to say to make the club look good:

Steven Gerrard admitted he'll struggle to attract top players to Rangers if yobs continue to shame the Scottish game.

The Ibrox boss confessed he is worried about the image of football north of the border following a spate of unsavoury off-field incidents.

Gerrard takes his Light Blues side to Easter Road tonight where celtic winger Scott Sinclair had a Buckfast bottle launched at him by a Hibs fan in the first of three ugly Scottish Cup ties.

Just 24 hours later some travelling Rangers supporters ripped up seats and hurled them at home fans, who unfurled an offensive banner aimed at Alfredo Morelos, during their clash with Aberdeen.

And the following night Gary Caldwell was pelted with coins as he stood in the Partick Thistle dug-out during the Jags quarter final tie against Hearts.

Gerrard insists it’s a societal problem rather than just football and that it isn’t exclusive to Scotland but he is concerned about the impact of the Scottish Premiership’s image.

The 38-year-old signed big-name England striker Jermain Defoe in January and believes it will be harder to recruit star players unless there is a clampdown on the morons.

Gerrard said: “There’s a load of positive things to say about the support in Scotland but if these incidents continue and increase you could have a problem attracting top players to come here.

Players want to come to Scotland to play in big games. The crowds in general here are superb. The Scottish fans are excellent in the main but that could be a factor in their decision making.

“We all have a responsibility - managers, staff, players, fans, media - to try and create a positive image of the game.

And I don’t just mean for everyone domestically because these games go out worldwide and clips of these instances from the fans, whether it be chants or bottles or coins thrown, it gets shown all over the world.

“It certainly dents the reputation of the game in Scotland we all have a responsibility to protect that and try and improve the behaviour of the supporters.

The most important thing is the safety of the players and I don’t want to be sitting talking about someone getting badly hurt or injured and if it continues that could be the case.

“When players see incidents like this, it’s only normal that when they go near the fans to take a throw-in or a corner, it’s going to enter their minds.

A coin getting thrown or a bottle or an object could cause injuries that could last a lifetime. The police in Scotland and the authorities are doing everything they can.

“The game in general is in a decent place. These are isolated incidents in certain games in recent weeks that paints a picture of a big, giant problem.

“I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve got trust in the authorities to do everything they possibly can to make sure that these incidents don’t happen at all.

In the main, the majority behave fantastically well and they come and support the team but if you see any incidents or something about to brew or start, then have a word or report it to a steward because that could be the difference between a player being hurt or a club receiving a big fine that would be an injustice.”

Asked if it would improve things, he said: “It’s a good question but difficult to answer because I’m employed by the club and more often than not it’s not the club’s fault.

“It’s the fault of individuals – or the minority, if they’re in a group – so maybe it’s the individuals and the groups that deserve the punishment and not necessarily the clubs.

I don’t totally agree with that rule. Sometimes it’s harsh on the clubs to receive a big fine because the clubs do everything they can – and I know how hard this club works behind the scenes with the supporters and police to eradicate that type of behaviour.”

Some Gers fans ignored a warning from the club not to step out of line at Pittodrie as the Ibrox outfit were hit with a £3000 bill for damaged seats.

Gerrard said: “It’s not great behaviour or something these people should be proud of and I don’t like talking about it. It’s disappointing.

“I don’t think it’s the first time that’s happened. This happens with different sets of supporters when they go to opposition grounds, whether it’s small incidents or large incidents, so it’s very difficult to stop because of rivalries.

It is not perfect down south either. My experiences of being a player down south, there were many press conferences where you were talking about coins being thrown or fans running onto the pitch or damage at certain stadiums.

“It is a worldwide society problem, not just domestic. If you went to a game, Fenerbahce against Galatasaray for example in Turkey, you would see incidents. That is disappointing.”

my personal opinion is if you want to be a fanny an throw bottles n coins or whatever, do it outside the stadium away from the club and don’t drag the reputation of the club down to gutter level.

You are everything that is wrong with our support. 

Flinging objects at players that could cause a serious injury seems like fucking madness. Just imagine that bottle connected with sinclair, knocked him out or something... Fractured his skull. Which is realistically what could've happened.

Fannies doing that need to have a serious look in the mirror at themselves. 

Quality players do play in Scotland because when you show talent up here the first thing some cunt does is boot you up in the air.

Racism is still very high in Spain they don't seem to lose out on the best black players

37 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Quality players do play in Scotland because when you show talent up here the first thing some cunt does is boot you up in the air.

Racism is still very high in Spain they don't seem to lose out on the best black players

Very few top players in Spain are black

Not saying it's connected but not a great example

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

Spot on, it's life in general that is full of apologists, I am in no way radical but when you see/hear the "problem" and the reaction to it I think ffs grow a set, in the big picture it = fuck all.

There was a lady on LBC yesterday having a meltdown because Amber Rudd called Diane Abbott coloured, I thought she had attempted to murder her going by the rants of the presenter, it was mental and it is going to get worse.

It was over hyped, fuck sake if she is not coloured what is she (I am using female losely here)?

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree, it needs to stop,  I blame it on institutional failure of the SPFL who have bought the competition into disrepute, by not protecting players and managers in their competition. Maybe the SFA should have an enquiry into the SPFL's failings.

no need to have an enquiry, we all know the problem, the fuckers in charge are all timmies.

4 hours ago, Brackley said:

That's the big difference these days.

In the old days of packed terracings it was not an uncommon sight to see the cops wade into the crowd to try and grab a culprit or stop a fight. Nowadays policing seems to be stand back and watch with camera in hand and then with the aid of CCTV chap some poor sods door at 6am on the Monday morning. 

And that's the problem the rest of the idiots think the coin/bottle/seat thrower is getting away with it. Whereas if they are lifted right before their eyes they would definitely think twice.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

Spot on, it's life in general that is full of apologists, I am in no way radical but when you see/hear the "problem" and the reaction to it I think ffs grow a set, in the big picture it = fuck all.

There was a lady on LBC yesterday having a meltdown because Amber Rudd called Diane Abbott coloured, I thought she had attempted to murder her going by the rants of the presenter, it was mental and it is going to get worse.

I've read that a few times now and still laughing!  Sums it up really, well played!

7 hours ago, ZZed said:

Scottish cup final 2016 Hibs fans invade the pitch on mass, come over to Rangers fans on mass and assault Rangers players, what is the punishment for this? This is why people think it is ok to throw coins and bottles, no or minimal punishment.

Nail on the head mate and we all said this would happen hell mend them.

8 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I've read that a few times now and still laughing!  Sums it up really, well played!

I may be totally wrong here. However did the “rules” not change a few years ago and we were discouraged from calling them(and that is not meant disrespectfully) black but to say people of colour. Now we we should not say coloured. I’m confused. Some folk now want to be offended. This should prob be in another forum.

1 minute ago, Domthenbud said:

I may be totally wrong here. However did the “rules” not change a few years ago and we were discouraged from calling them(and that is not meant disrespectfully) black but to say people of colour. Now we we should not say coloured. I’m confused. Some folk now want to be offended. This should prob be in another forum.

It's a nightmare.  Elements of America are going absolutely tonto at the prospect of Will Smith playing Serena and Venus Williams' dad in a film, because he "isn't black enough".  Not only is that mental as an idea in itself (!!!) but even if we acknowledge the premise that a black/coloured actor isn't "black" enough to play the part of a black/coloured person in a film............why aren't they saying he isn't "coloured" enough?

:hmmm:

To me this problem got worst when police scotland stop all investigation's into ceptic fans, and their behavoiur after the bottle thrown into the minibus that hit the small boy. If they had done their jobs maybe just maybe it would have stopped some of the incedents we are now seeing, as fans would think they may get caught.

12 hours ago, ZZed said:

post of the day mate . We all said it at the time . And the scum gestapo were pointing cameras at us