***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'd assume it's mainly down the fact people dont realise tickets are available. I certainly wouldn't have if I was a non season ticket holder.

They normally aren't available though, that's what I'm getting at. I can't remember the last time I seen this many spares flying about as well for a game at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

A few returns, likely people working or away on holiday. Don't see the big deal myself.

It's clearly down to the fact the league is over, at Christmas they were practically begging for tickets to fulfill sponsors etc. Now we have tickets on sale.

2 hours ago, papaguy51 said:

While I generally give him no time or thought, if the players have anything about them then Scott Brown’s season ends on Sunday after his behaviour last time round.

What's the point. A season ending challenge on him in all likely hood ends in another red card for us. 

If our players want to get back at him, humiliate him on the pitch like last December. Show him up for the bang average player he is. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

New year's game, SLO was tweeting asking for people to do secondary ticketing to fulfill sponsors etc.

Sorry, I'll clarify, buy backs are done for every game, and they become available in the days before kickoff, pretty much always unannounced with no communication from the club. Except obviously when the SLO announces they miscalculated hospitality/sponsor tickets required. If he hadn't, there would have been those he snaffled available too.

This is a combination of holidays, scum having won the league, and the fact date wasnt known til recently and now folk have other commitments.

Point is it's a "few" tickets at 10am this morning and a non story.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Apart from celtic.

Seen more spares for this than any other Old Firm at Ibrox apart from the 1-5 game.

Lots of reasons for the spares. There were buy backs in December too but the SLO snaffled them as they discounted the required number of tickets for their commitments.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sorry, I'll clarify, buy backs are done for every game, and they become available in the days before kickoff, pretty much always unannounced with no communication from the club. Except obviously when the SLO announces they miscalculated hospitality/sponsor tickets required. If he hadn't, there would have been those he snaffled available too.

This is a combination of holidays, scum having won the league, and the fact date wasnt known til recently and now folk have other commitments.

Point is it's a "few" tickets at 10am this morning and a non story.

Yes, people hand tickets back for every game, that's normal! 

This is still an exception to the rule, not the norm for tickets to become available to the public for a game against celtic. These tickets get allocated to players, supporters clubs, sponsors etc. 

The reason these have went on public sale is because the demand is poor from said groups above, mainly I would imagine because the league's over.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Lots of reasons for the spares. There were buy backs in December too but the SLO snaffled them as they discounted the required number of tickets for their commitments.

Aye, the main one being the Tarriers have won the league., same as there being so many for the Piggery last year. So either there's more spares or less people wanting them from hospitality and whatever else.

44 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

It's clearly down to the fact the league is over, at Christmas they were practically begging for tickets to fulfill sponsors etc. Now we have tickets on sale.

It's probably not even a handful of tickets. 

2 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Manager Neil Lennon says celtic will be ready to capitalise should Rangers' "huge disciplinary problem" flare up during Sunday's derby at Ibrox.

The Ibrox side have received 12 red cards so far this season, including three in the Scottish Premiership meeting at celtic Park in March.

Alfredo Morelos was sent off during the game, Andy Halliday afterwards, and Ryan Kent retrospectively.

"It's not my problem they have a huge disciplinary problem," Lennon said.

"If it manifests itself again on Sunday then we will try to take advantage."

Lennon says antagonising opponents is "not a tactic I adopt" and expects his players to keep their discipline.

He also believes Steven Gerrard's players targeted Scott Brown during the 2-1 win, with all three dismissals coming following clashes with the celtic captain.

"Yes, they did and they did after the game a well," said Lennon when asked if Rangers had targeted Brown.

"Scott Brown's a veteran of these games, he has been here 12 years, he has played over 500 games. I don't need to tell Scott Brown how to manage himself through a game of football. He does it very well and the bigger the game the more he enjoys."

Rangers beat celtic when they last visited Ibrox in December, ending a 12-game winless run against their rivals.

Another victory over the champions could be seen as laying a marker for next season's title race, but Lennon played down that notion.

"If we lose on Sunday, it won't have any bearing on the championship next season at all and, if we win, it won't have any bearing on it," he said.

"There is no trophy at stake, but it is the next celtic v Rangers episode and it is the most important one because it is the next one."

Bit of a contradiction there

Brown started all the nonsense and walked away Scot free,poor victim that he is,NOT! Hopefully he will be on Sunday and is dropped off the stretcher on the way out.

4 minutes ago, denya said:

Did Lennon really say that we target the leggo dick? Lennon is a fucking bastard and I hope him and brown both leave the stadium on stretcher.

Fuck what that fenian cunt says or thinks. Hopefully we pump they cunts and Lennon loses the plot.

3 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

New year's game, SLO was tweeting asking for people to do secondary ticketing to fulfill sponsors etc.

Seen a boy saying he sent 4 tickets back this year including Aberdeen and Hibs game, and only got a £27 discount off his season ticket this year. 

Fuck doing that shite, give it to a mate or a bus for fuck all.

Archived