Presuming we go 4-3-3 as our first choice formation

djwyc14

And we get Kent, Ojo and Aribo over the line and keep Morelos...

Pick a front 6 from this lot.

Jack

Kamara

Davis

Aribo

Arfield

Candeias

Murphy

Hastie

Jones

Kent

Ojo

Morelos

Defoe

A lot of competition for places.

That doesn't include McCrorie, Middleton, Rossiter, Docherty (assume loaned out) (or Holt, Lafferty, Grezda, Dodoo and Dorrans either who I expect will all be away).

Think Candeias may have limited playing time at best next season.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

GK : McGregor

RB : Tav

CB : Katic

CB : Goldson

LB : Someone New

CM : Kamara

CM : Arfield

RW : Ojo

CAM : Aribo

LW : Kent

ST : Morelos

Aribo and Arfield could switch positions depending on who is best in the respective roles.

Throw in Barisic and that's my team. And it look pretty good to me.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic LB

Aribo Kamara Davis

Arfield Morelos Kent

Subs: Foderingham, CB, Flanagan, Jack, Murphy, Ojo, Defoe

Depending on how good Ojo is then him instead of Arfield and Arfield and Davis competing for CM. 

That would be my team without even having room for Stewart, Jones, Candeias and Hastie. 

Gk - McGregor/Foderingham

RB - Tav/Polsen/Flanagan 

CB - Goldson

CB - Katic 

LB - Flanagan/Barisic/Halliday

DM - Davis/McCrorie/Halliday

CM - Aribo/Jack

CM - Kamara/Arfield/Stewart

RW - Arfield/Ojo/Stewart/Candeias 

LW - Kent/Jones

CF - Defo/Morelos/Stewart

We’ve got quite good squad depth when you look at it the way, with a few able to rotate between different positions and just keep the same winning team until we need to do otherwise. Although I would have Aribo in front of either Jack or Kamara, He’s quality and we need as much quality in the middle as possible. 

Need a new striker for when/if Morelos goes. Definitely need a new left back regardless of if Barisic is away or not. Centre back cover is obviously a must but other than that we’re looking pretty good. 

Lafferty, Murphy, Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, Hodson, Herrera, Grezda, Doherty and Rossiter can go. They’ve proved to be utterly useless over the course of a season and we’re better moving them on. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

RB - Tav/Polsen/Flanagan 

CB - Goldson

CB - Katic 

CM - Aribo/Jack

LW - Kent/Jones

We’ve got quite good squad depth when you look at it the way, with a few able to rotate between different positions and just keep the same winning team until we need to do otherwise. Although I would have Aribo in front of either Jack or Kamara, He’s quality and we need as much quality in the middle as possible. 

Need a new striker for when/if Morelos goes. Definitely need a new left back regardless of if Barisic is away or not. Centre back cover is obviously a must but other than that we’re looking pretty good. 

Lafferty, Murphy, Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, Hodson, Herrera, Grezda, Doherty and Rossiter can go. They’ve proved to be utterly useless over the course of a season and we’re better moving them on. 

I agree with most of that...... but not sure how you can classify Murphy, Dorrans, Docherty & Rossiter useless? Two experienced players were injured and two youngster went away to ( successfully ) develop and hopefully become better. Training camp will be competitive.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

RB - Tav/Polsen/Flanagan 

CB - Goldson

CB - Katic 

CM - Aribo/Jack

LW - Kent/Jones

I would give Murphy, Docherty and Rossiter the pre-season and don't see Murphy leaving regardless tbh.

Still think Docherty and Rossiter could be useful. Docherty did well on loan and if Rossiter is clear of his injuries then there's a player there. 

Kent Morelos Arfield

Davis Kamara Jack

Barisic Goldson Katic Tavernier

McGregor

Got a feeling Arfield will be switched more central though. Wouldn't mind Stewart on the right. Don't know anything about Ojo or Aribo. 

1 minute ago, ready1873 said:

Kent Morelos Arfield

Davis Kamara Jack

Barisic Goldson Katic Tavernier

McGregor

Got a feeling Arfield will be switched more central though. Wouldn't mind Stewart on the right. Don't know anything about Ojo or Aribo. 

You just went with last year's team. There will be changes with new additions.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with most of that...... but not sure how you can classify Murphy, Dorrans, Docherty & Rossiter useless? Two experienced players were injured and two youngster went away to ( successfully ) develop and hopefully become better. Training camp will be competitive.

Dorrans has been injured since he picked up the pen to sign his contract and probably broke his finger, maybe a bit harsh on Murphy but I was never impressed with him anyway and I’m pretty sure Gerrard will get shot of him after seeing him in pre-season. Saw quite a bit of Doherty last season and don’t see him being anywhere near good enough for us even as a squad player and same applies for Rossiter as it did for Dorrans.  

And on top of that they’re wages could be going to much, much better use. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Dorrans has been injured since he picked up the pen to sign his contract and probably broke his finger, maybe a bit harsh on Murphy but I was never impressed with him anyway and I’m pretty sure Gerrard will get shot of him after seeing him in pre-season. Saw quite a bit of Doherty last season and don’t see him being anywhere near good enough for us even as a squad player and same applies for Rossiter as it did for Dorrans.  

And on top of that they’re wages could be going to much, much better use. 

I'm not as big a Docherty fan as many on here. I do ( still ) have high hopes for Rossiter. Murphy has proven he is good his whole career. Not sure where Dorrans fits in, if at all.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can we stop putting Arfield as a winger please, he never played there last season, and shouldn’t this season.

Also, anybody putting Barisic in should be banned 

Lee Wallace is gone. Get over it.