***The Official St Josephs v Rangers Match Thread***

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’d take that mate , but no way is tonight the night to say he’s turned the corner etc like many have , when he’s flying in and winning the ball and standing up against the hairy arsed spl players charging towards him , that’s when we’ll say yass gon yer self borna ma man 

You are right, he was mediocre tonight. Let's get him on grass.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

You are right, he was mediocre tonight. Let's get him on grass.

Loads of bears absolutely blinkered with this lad , all the while jones who I thought done alright is already deemed shite 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Loads of bears absolutely blinkered with this lad , all the while jones who I thought done alright is already deemed shite 

He will come good. I won't judge anyone on that turf tonight. He couldn't even take a corner kick properly, something he normally does with his eyes shut. I don't think Jones is bad but do you honestly think he is a starting 11 player?

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Jones was good. One of the brightest in a shite first half. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He will come good. I won't judge anyone on that turf tonight. He couldn't even take a corner kick properly, something he normally does with his eyes shut. I don't think Jones is bad but do you honestly think he is a starting 11 player?

I thought before he came he was a Middleton type player , only asset is pace and needs room in behind to be effective which he’ll never get domestically with us as teams sit so deep , ball to feet he’ll struggle  , he did look as tho he had a bit more than pace in his locker tonight , again though playing nobody 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I thought before he came he was a Middleton type player , only asset is pace and needs room in behind to be effective which he’ll never get domestically with us as teams sit so deep , ball to feet he’ll struggle  , he did look as tho he had a bit more than pace in his locker tonight , again though playing nobody 

my first sentence was about Barisic. I should have used a paragraph for the second one.

13 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I thought Jones played well was unlucky with his shot as well.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

my first sentence was about Barisic. I should have used a paragraph for the second one.

Thought you were asking if I thought jones was a starting 11 player , if Barisic no I’d have Flanagan and Halliday before him at this moment in time , Halliday had a better game Sunday than Barisic did tonight , easily to 

36 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I do doubt he has ability, very one dimensional going forward not in the same league as Tav thus far  , tin hat on here ,absolutely no danger he tried to pick out Ryan jack , great free kick though 👍🏻👌🏻

Unfair to criticise the guy for not doing enough, then when he actually does do something good, say he never meant it.

He looked up before he crossed it, so he knew what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Unfair to criticise the guy for not doing enough, then when he actually does do something good, say he never meant it.

He looked up before he crossed it, so he knew what he was doing.

Said great free kick mate 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Jones did do well. Put it this way it didn't look like it was his first competitive match. But you would have to admit Barasic did have a decent game too. 

Could all fall to pieces next match though 

14 hours ago, backup said:

Good result against an amateur team, however continuing to start games as we did in the first half against far better and organised teams will be costly. Enjoy this result and progress upwards.

Yup. Agreed. 

First half had all the makings of the kind of games we fluffed last year. Think we still struggle to break down teams who sit in. Haven’t really addressed it, apart from Aribo maybe.

Hopefully a bit more guile with Arfield and Aribo up to speed.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yup. Agreed. 

First half had all the makings of the kind of games we fluffed last year. Think we still struggle to break down teams who sit in. Haven’t really addressed it, apart from Aribo maybe.

Hopefully a bit more guile with Arfield and Aribo up to speed.

I do get your point but it’s the first competitive match of the season and I fully expect us to be far more capable at breaking down those sort of teams by August.

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I do get your point but it’s the first competitive match of the season and I fully expect us to be far more capable at breaking down those sort of teams by August.

Why though? 

Granted we might be better with Aribo in the side. Ojo might be better than Kent (or not). But the rest of the team are the same ones that struggled time and time again to break down packed defences, and that’s while losing Kent as one of the more creative forces from last year.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why though? 

Granted we might be better with Aribo in the side. Ojo might be better than Kent (or not). But the rest of the team are the same ones that struggled time and time again to break down packed defences. 

Jones is a more direct and better option than anything we had last year as a backup (Kent might come back too), Stewart gives us a bit of an X Factor off the bench, Ojo has looked like he’s more willing to shoot from range than anybody we had last season and Aribo will give us something we haven’t had in midfield in years.

It’s early days but on paper I think we have far more options and ways to mix it up than we did last season.

Archived