***The Official St Josephs v Rangers Match Thread***

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Were you on here in the first half? 😀

Deliberately avoided & wont be reading back :lol: 

i said all week the game would be turgid and I’d have been happy with a 1-0. First round games are brutal due to lack of games & in this case a hideous pitch 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result against an amateur team, however continuing to start games as we did in the first half against far better and organised teams will be costly. Enjoy this result and progress upwards.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Deliberately avoided & wont be reading back :lol: 

i said all week the game would be turgid and I’d have been happy with a 1-0. First round games are brutal due to lack of games & in this case a hideous pitch 

Also avoided here. Fuck being anywhere near a match thread here when it's not 4 0 by the 12th minute 

15 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

You two shouldn’t be mentioning their score here, especially if you shoot your wads too early.

The correct and proper time is next week if they go out.

I don't give a fuck if they win or lose, I'm just saying they're absolutely shite and there for the taking.

20 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

So what was it then?

We were utterly horrendous first half, we get in at half time, and then we play fairly well in the second.

I'd imagine whatever was said to them at half time changed the course of the game. 

No we weren't despite the scoreline. I repeat, you're new to football aren't you? Genuine question.

A helluva lot of calming down required regarding Barisic, if he gives us 4/5 good brave games when the hairy arsed spl players target him as the weak link again I’ll begin to get excited and think this lad has turned the corner 

Half time on the repeat of our game. WWF are advertising to save elephants as there is one killed every 34 minutes  so pay X amount a month to save the fuckers. I swear there was a program last week on over-population of elephants.  Confusing as fuck.

Can't be disappointed in that result, team looked smooth at various times going forward and can't wait to see them when they click properly .

We seem to have excellent strength in depth and it's really encouraging as we approach this league campaign, I have complete faith in Stevie G and really looking forward to what lies ahead for us all.

28 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

A helluva lot of calming down required regarding Barisic, if he gives us 4/5 good brave games when the hairy arsed spl players target him as the weak link again I’ll begin to get excited and think this lad has turned the corner 

RM you are ether all sugar or all shite  - no half measures.    Believe Barisic got two huge psychological boosts today - 90 minutes unscathed on a plastic pitch and his first Rangers goal - hopefully motors on from here.  

52 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

If Barasic does get 4 or 5 solid games with a few assists along the way he well on the way to turning his career round at Ibrox. 

There's no doubting the guy has ability. He just needs to find have a bit more self belief. A good run in the side could easily turn him into our best left back since Numan. On the other hand if he doesn't find form regularly soon he will just turn out to be this generations Micheal Ball. Ie was awrite but should have a whole lot better 

7 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

If Barasic does get 4 or 5 solid games with a few assists along the way he well on the way to turning his career round at Ibrox. 

There's no doubting the guy has ability. He just needs to find have a bit more self belief. A good run in the side could easily turn him into our best left back since Numan. On the other hand if he doesn't find form regularly soon he will just turn out to be this generations Micheal Ball. Ie was awrite but should have a whole lot better 

I do doubt he has ability, very one dimensional going forward not in the same league as Tav thus far  , tin hat on here ,absolutely no danger he tried to pick out Ryan jack , great free kick though 👍🏻👌🏻

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think the issue with Barisic is everyone expects him to be a full back like Tav.

When you watch him for Croatia he plays as a normal old fashioned full-back.

I’d take that mate , but no way is tonight the night to say he’s turned the corner etc like many have , when he’s flying in and winning the ball and standing up against the hairy arsed spl players charging towards him , that’s when we’ll say yass gon yer self borna ma man 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I’d take that mate , but noway is the night to say he’s turned the corner etc like many have , when he’s flying in and winning the ball and standing up against the hairy arsed spl players charging towards him is when we say yass gon yer self borna ma man 

Agree.

Archived