*****The Official FC Midtjylland v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Are these guys a pretty attacking team? If flanagan is on then we might be a bit weaker in attack, but more solid in defence.

Gerrard said this team we’re a real threat from set-pieces.  I imagine Flanagan has started because he’s good in the air and can help defend from a set-piece.

Plus, playing Barisic and Tavernier might be a bit too gung-ho for a European away game.  

4 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Keep thinking about Flanagan at Cowdenbeath last season!!  🤨

Played very well when he had the run in the team towards the end of last season. The 2 0 game against the taigs especially. 

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We also need to be solid in defense, don't want to have to go to Ibrox next week and have to score a bunch to proceed. 

a 0-0 or a score draw might not be the worst result tonight.

2 or 3 away goals and the tie is finished. 

Inty them. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Inty them. 

flip that and we are fucked.

I think we will end up soaking up a bit of pressure and nabbing one on the break.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Inty them. 

By the same token two or three goals against us tonight and the tie is finished too and this side are a decent outfit who could do that.

We need to do a professional job tonight, get an away goal and then finish them at Ibrox. That means playing somebody like Flanagan who isn’t great attacking but will help us be more solid at the back.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

2 been pens as well. Understand being cautious but honestly think we could get away goals here. Hopefully not settling for a 0-0.

Think we will look to absorbe the early pressure.

Can see us getting a goal or two on the break. 

Flanagan being solid defensively is a myth tbh. 

To some, the fact he likes a tackle seems to make up for his lack of positional sense, pace and passing ability. 

Not that we have an abundance of talented LBs at our disposal, but he's third choice for me.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Flanagan being solid defensively is a myth tbh. 

To some, the fact he likes a tackle seems to make up for his lack of positional sense, pace and passing ability. 

Not that we have an abundance of talented LBs at our disposal, but he's third choice for me.

I agree. I just hope his hard tackling might put them off attacking down that side. If not, I think he might be in for a tough night.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We also need to be solid in defense, don't want to have to go to Ibrox next week and have to score a bunch to proceed. 

a 0-0 or a score draw might not be the worst result tonight.

If its going to be a draw would rather 1-1 0-0 would make home game nervy as fuck

Archived