Lafferty interview

Amato

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I like how he just throws around that he’s not the best trainer, as though that’s acceptable for a professional footballer :lol: 

I know I'm going to say this with a tin hat on, however....

Ally McCoist wasn't the best in training neither.  Admitted he was the class clown at training. 

Times have changed of course and glad to see that Gerrard won't stand for laziness or mediocrity within the Players. 

11 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I know I'm going to say this with a tin hat on, however....

Ally McCoist wasn't the best in training neither.  Admitted he was the class clown at training. 

Times have changed of course and glad to see that Gerrard won't stand for laziness or mediocrity within the Players. 

Please dont compare McCoist the player with this lazy streak of piss.

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Not sure mate ... but it may have been Docherty  .... who was extremely embarrassed that he couldn't recall when we were founded ..... as I say .... not sure if it was the same question but a lot of our players have very low scores in this quiz.

:UK:

You're right, I was quite surprised with Docherty too. 

He at least sang the Barcelona song to remember who scored in the Cup Final.

Lafferty probably only knew his song. :pipe:

I know that people will bring up great players from the past in regards to the "not the best trainer" line, however..

The game has changed a helluva lot.. the best players in the World train ridiculously hard and are known to stay behind after training to work on certain things. Same goes for other sports and I can vouch personally for people in music... they are total machines! Gerrard was one of the top players from his generation and he knows what it takes to get there... he will have seen a complete lack of effort from this guy and that is the very first thing you need!! 

100% right call from Gerrard and 0% sympathy for Lafferty.

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I know that people will bring up great players from the past in regards to the "not the best trainer" line, however..

The game has changed a helluva lot.. the best players in the World train ridiculously hard and are known to stay behind after training to work on certain things. Same goes for other sports and I can vouch personally for people in music... they are total machines! Gerrard was one of the top players from his generation and he knows what it takes to get there... he will have seen a complete lack of effort from this guy and that is the very first thing you need!! 

100% right call from Gerrard and 0% sympathy for Lafferty.

Which was why I added the last part of that sentence. 

It wasn't remotely a comparison Lafferty v McCoist as I am fully aware they're not remotely in same league to each other. 

Just remembering that he wasn't much for training and how times have changed these days. He wouldn't have got away with it in this day, regardless of how many goals he has under his belt now. I doubt (if going by what Lafferty is suggesting in this article)McCoist would have been given game time now if he wasn't impressing the Manager during training sessions. 

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Which was why I added the last part of that sentence. 

It wasn't remotely a comparison Lafferty v McCoist as I am fully aware they're not remotely in same league to each other. 

Just remembering that he wasn't much for training and how times have changed these days. He wouldn't have got away with it in this day, regardless of how many goals he has under his belt now. I doubt (if going by what Lafferty is suggesting in this article)McCoist would have been given game time now if he wasn't impressing the Manager during training sessions. 

I am actually very surprised that ANY player thinks that they can get away with not putting in work in training. ESPECIALLY when he isnt getting much game time. Lacking brains...imagine you are given the chance, as a fan, to play for your boyhood heroes and not working hard to stay there?? 

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I am actually very surprised that ANY player thinks that they can get away with not putting in work in training. ESPECIALLY when he isnt getting much game time. Lacking brains...imagine you are given the chance, as a fan, to play for your boyhood heroes and not working hard to stay there?? 

Absolutely.  They all knew what is expected from them. It wasn't like Gerrard keeps it a secret. We all knew. Shame, but he's made his bed now he's got to lie in it. 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Says more about Gerrard than it does about Lafferty 

So we bought him back, he was shite, gave him a wage for being shite, and he moves on admitting he was shite. 

Im not a big fan of players returning to a club. I did have high expectations of him, but it came to fuck all. 

36 minutes ago, Robb said:

So we bought him back, he was shite, gave him a wage for being shite, and he moves on admitting he was shite. 

Im not a big fan of players returning to a club. I did have high expectations of him, but it came to fuck all. 

He came and disappointed all the coaching staff  with his admitted laziness 

i had had relatively low expectations tbh