*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team line up posts to match threads are always the same. It's almost never going to be the case someone is dropped.

We have a massive squad, a very strong one at that. Gerrard says it every press conference how difficult it is just to pick an 18. He also says every week the players know they won't play every week. It's a great position to be in. I'm pretty happy with any 11 we pick most weeks even if I would personally tweak it but we don't know if someone has a slight knock, a little fatigued, personal issues, may work better against different opposition etc.

It's a very strong starting line up as will be the case most weeks regardless of personnel.

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The team line up posts to match threads are always the same. It's almost never going to be the case someone is dropped.

We have a massive squad, a very strong one at that. Gerrard says it every press conference how difficult it is just to pick an 18. He also says every week the players know they won't play every week. It's a great position to be in. I'm pretty happy with any 11 we pick most weeks even if I would personally tweak it but we don't know if someone has a slight knock, a little fatigued, personal issues, may work better against different opposition etc.

It's a very strong starting line up as will be the case most weeks regardless of personnel.

Massive change from the days of Warburton iirc where we couldn't even name the full quota for subs

Great piece of accurate and well checked team news reporting on the Rangers website (again)

"From the side which faced Legia Warsaw on Thursday night, out go Nikola Katic, Jon Flanagan, Steven Davis, Sheyi Ojo and Jermain Defoe, with their places in the XI taken by Filip Helander – who makes his league debut – Borna Barisic, Glen Kamara, Jordan Jones and Jermain Defoe."

I must have missed the signing of the 2nd Defoe.   I know perfectly well what the reporter means but its just another example of shoddy reporting from the PR dept   The article has clearly never been proof read before publication.    They make that mistake often.  

Anyway, here's hoping for a win.   

Archived