PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Ordered Assassins Creed and NBA 2K21 today plus the PS4 version of fifa 21 which should work until the PS5 version gets released and I get a free upgrade 

Haven’t got a second controller yet or the Pulse headset which looks quite good 

How are the sticks on the controller? Same as PS4 or less slippy when hands start to sweat?

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

How are the sticks on the controller? Same as PS4 or less slippy when hands start to sweat?

Haven't got a controller yet mate, PS5 turns up on release day (Thursday) and I haven't bought a second controller yet

@McEwan's Lager has his, he could perhaps answer this one! 

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Haven't got a controller yet mate, PS5 turns up on release day (Thursday) and I haven't bought a second controller yet

@McEwan's Lager has his, he could perhaps answer this one! 

Haven’t used it yet as it has no backwards compatibility.

Its just sitting on my media unit waiting for its pal to arrive. 😂 

BTW mine didn’t come with that button design feature posted on the previous page!

Edit: Or it’s so small you can’t see it with the naked eye.

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Haven’t used it yet as it has no backwards compatibility.

Its just sitting on my media unit waiting for its pal to arrive. 😂 

BTW mine didn’t come with that button design feature posted on the previous page!

Edit: Or it’s so small you can’t see it with the naked eye.

:lol:

I've got Assassin's Creed: Valhalla turning up today with nothing to play it on. Will just be sat looking at it for days. Buzzing for Thursday!

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I really want to play that but some of the story elements will fucking annoy me. The present day part of it just ruins it :lol: 

The modern day part is virtually non existent now. It's been like that for a while.

You only get yanked out of the animus every so often and it's only for a very short time. It's not like it was in the first few AC Games.

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

The modern day part is virtually non existent now. It's been like that for a while.

You only get yanked out of the animus every so often and it's only for a very short time.

Fair enough. I haven't played one for ages. The Layla Hassan development though was annoying and I see she's still about in this game :lol: 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fair enough. I haven't played one for ages. The Layla Hassan development though was annoying and I see she's still about in this game :lol: 

Aye she's still the main character for the modern day part. It's really only included now for those who interested in the wider lore, it's possible to skip through it quite quickly so you can get back to putting axe's through heads.

Just now, Iakona said:

Aye she's still the main character for the modern day part. It's really only included now for those who interested in the wider lore, it's possible to skip through it quite quickly so you can get back to putting axe's through heads.

I know the Animus is the underlying driver of the entire series but I feel its just a ridiculously overblown plot that in hindsight was completely unnecessary. No one plays the game for it. People are attracted to as you say, the historical gameplay. 

Tbf it's not just her, most of the modern day characters are slavering morons. The writing is so bad.

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I know the Animus is the underlying driver of the entire series but I feel its just a ridiculously overblown plot that in hindsight was completely unnecessary. No one plays the game for it. People are attracted to as you say, the historical gameplay. 

Tbf it's not just her, most of the modern day characters are slavering morons. The writing is so bad.

There's a pretty hardcore fanbase out there who love it. It's niche as fuck but some people are just utterly daft about the animus and the lore. Like yourself, I've never really been a fan, it was a neat a concept in the first game, but that's where I ultimately lost interest. These days Ubi know that most people just want to slice their way through mythology, however as you've said, they've kept the modern day part just to link everything together.

All the extra shite about Layla is basically optional bar the odd wee "breather" that is typically used to allow a time skip in the historical part i.e travelling from Norway to England. You really have to go out of your way to suffer it.

The writing in the AC series has always been a bit shit. Fortunately exploring their open worlds and the general gameplay typically makes up for it.

36 minutes ago, Iakona said:

There's a pretty hardcore fanbase out there who love it. It's niche as fuck but some people are just utterly daft about the animus and the lore. Like yourself, I've never really been a fan, it was a neat a concept in the first game, but that's where I ultimately lost interest. These days Ubi know that most people just want to slice their way through mythology, however as you've said, they've kept the modern day part just to link everything together.

All the extra shite about Layla is basically optional bar the odd wee "breather" that is typically used to allow a time skip in the historical part i.e travelling from Norway to England. You really have to go out of your way to suffer it.

The writing in the AC series has always been a bit shit. Fortunately exploring their open worlds and the general gameplay typically makes up for it.

I know its fantasy but some of the extra shit they write in for games just annoys the hell out of me.

God of War - Ragnarok killed me when I realised they continued with Kratos and just shifted him into a Norse world. Come up with another fucking character that makes sense ffs.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No. 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Nice try bud but they'll want to skin you for new spare controllers 😂

The official headset is 90 quid I've no even looked at what a controller would be 

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Can you use PS4 controller on the ps5

You can use your PS4 controller for any PS4 games you play on the PS5 but not for actual PS5 games

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/can-you-use-a-ps4-controller-on-ps5#:~:text=Sony's confirmed that you won,compatible with the PlayStation 4.&text=The PS4 controller will work,PS4 titles on the PS5. 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Interesting