PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

On 25/09/2020 at 20:10, Jimbeamjunior said:

Seemingly they are remastering metal gear 1 and 2 for the ps5, that will swing a fucking boatload of on the fence punters, 

Metal gear 1 was fucking tremendous

We had a supply or a student teacher, can’t remember which, who had an eye patch from a rugby injury and my mate just started calling him Big Boss in class.

The teacher loved it but I think he thought it was because he was a big guy and was the teacher than cause he had an eye patch 😂 

On 26/09/2020 at 14:46, ScottBF2 said:

They can't just remaster those games IMO. Downloaded them a while back (the originals are on GOG right now as well) and they haven't aged well just in terms of the game mechanics.

They'd need to do a ground-up remake of it, kinda like the Mafia game, to make it worthwhile for today's gamer.

not really related to MGS but i downloaded the demo of Resi Evil 3 remastered for PS4 yesterday and they've redone some of the mechanics on that but it still seems slow and clunky as it's been polished rather than upgraded. 

Agree with what your saying, Doom Eternal is a perfect example, it's brilliant with the overkill the Slayer has for weapons now which is a ground up rebulid as previous versions wouldn't have coped with it. MGS would need something similar in the sense that it's better weapons, viewpoints etc so you may as well just build a new game rather than remaster it, the only thing you'd really be keeping would be the storyline. 

only games i really go back too now and again are; 

Soul Blade (PS1)

MGS2 (PS2)

COD games, Batman, Battlefield, God of War (PS3)

still play all the old Megadrive and SNES games on the PSP now and again but thats usally just 10 or 20 minutes here and there. 

On 30/10/2020 at 09:00, Brian Fantana said:

only games i really go back too now and again are; 

Soul Blade (PS1)

MGS2 (PS2)

COD games, Batman, Battlefield, God of War (PS3)

still play all the old Megadrive and SNES games on the PSP now and again but thats usally just 10 or 20 minutes here and there. 

I go back to MGS3: Snake Eater every now and again. Hasn’t aged well, again, but the Substance version with the behind the shoulder camera is a massive upgrade on the original. 

9 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

I go back to MGS3: Snake Eater every now and again. Hasn’t aged well, again, but the Substance version with the behind the shoulder camera is a massive upgrade on the original. 

The amount of hours I put into that game on PS2 was ridiculous, then I discovered the YouTube videos :lol:

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Thought that was the £90 version only? Don't think the regular version converts to the ps5

https://realsport101.com/fifa/fifa-21-ps5-sony-next-gen-console-ea-release-date-specs/

Just googled it i think you're right mate 

Makes it baffling why they'd then release a ps5 specific version more expensive than the ps4 one why would everyone not just buy the ps4 version and upgrade using this entitlement thing

Very confusing 😂

48 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It's a PS5 exclusive.

Bit nazi-like to not allow people on a PS4 Pro play as much as I hate some games losing quality or performance pandering to 2 generations ago on my preferred console, reminds me of when Xbox one blocked you from talking to mates still on a 360. Shady tactics.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Bit nazi-like to not allow people on a PS4 Pro play as much as I hate some games losing quality or performance pandering to 2 generations ago on my preferred console, reminds me of when Xbox one blocked you from talking to mates still on a 360. Shady tactics.

To be fair this isn't a new thing.. Every PlayStation console since the PS1 has launched with generational exclusive games. Although that was partly through necessity due to the difference in architectures, it was mainly a business reason - they are showpieces designed to sell the new hardware.

Nobody cared about Demon Souls first time round, but it's now a "system seller" due to success of Dark Souls. PS5 exclusivity for Demon Souls is not so much about punishing PS4 players, it's about tempting all those Xbox-Souls fans to lock in and buy a PS5 instead of the Xbox. Business be business.

On 01/11/2020 at 08:15, BridgeIsBlue said:

The amount of hours I put into that game on PS2 was ridiculous, then I discovered the YouTube videos :lol:

Final Fantasy 7 on the first PlayStation robbed me of around 80 hours as I tried to max out everything. 

that game blew me away when it was released