PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Incredibly.

Fuck knows how... but it still regularly features in the top 10 of the video game sales charts. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-09-22-super-mario-3d-all-stars-beats-avengers-to-no-1-uk-charts

Barely touched it the last 2 or 3 years myself

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barely touched it the last 2 or 3 years myself

Played the online for 10 minutes and never bothered again.

Some Russian prick hacked my PC account afew years ago. I let him keep the account for 6 months then I took it back.

He's made me a billionaire, unlocked loads of planes and cars for me. Even then I'm still not interested in playing it! 

5 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Played the online for 10 minutes and never bothered again.

Some Russian prick hacked my PC account afew years ago. I let him keep the account for 6 months then I took it back.

He's made me a billionaire, unlocked loads of planes and cars for me. Even then I'm still not interested in playing it! 

Aye, was a shambles when it first came out.

Waited months for the heists and ended up bored deadfast of them

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, was a shambles when it first came out.

Waited months for the heists and ended up bored deadfast of them

I still play most weeks and have most of the good stuff like properties, businesses and vehicles online. The Summer Update was rubbish though.

I still haven't completed all the heists but they can be fun if you have a regular crew helping you and they are a good way to make money if you can't be bothered doing the business grind.

26 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

My sister was on game 3 times waited in queue then kicked her out just when about to confirm order 😂

I'm not too fussed about getting it for release day but thought it might be a good purchase as we will probably get locked up all of winter.

It's hard trying to spend money when you don't have football to go to :lol: 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not too fussed about getting it for release day but thought it might be a good purchase as we will probably get locked up all of winter.

It's hard trying to spend money when you don't have football to go to :lol: 

Il just wait till there in shops and try my luck cba with all the hassle ,shes desperate for 1 for my nephew xmas tho 😂

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye, glad I don't have a kid to buy for. Would be a nightmare if his pals had managed to get one.

Reminds me of a story though about, I think Xbox 360. People who lived next door to my sister's best friend got it for their two sons but someone broke into their house and swiped a bunch of presents out from under the tree like a couple of days before Christmas.

The parents broke the news to the boys that they had bought them it but unfortunately it had been stolen during the break in. Turned out that the kids already knew they had bought it and when their mum was out had swapped their Xbox with the 360 in the box and had been playing it for a week. :lol: 

Amazing :lol: but wasn't Kenny Miller's neighbor by any chance was it :lol:

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye, glad I don't have a kid to buy for. Would be a nightmare if his pals had managed to get one.

Reminds me of a story though about, I think Xbox 360. People who lived next door to my sister's best friend got it for their two sons but someone broke into their house and swiped a bunch of presents out from under the tree like a couple of days before Christmas.

The parents broke the news to the boys that they had bought them it but unfortunately it had been stolen during the break in. Turned out that the kids already knew they had bought it and when their mum was out had swapped their Xbox with the 360 in the box and had been playing it for a week. :lol: 

😂😂😂😂howling at this 

21 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My mate got the Xbox One, the year it came out and ended up on it himself for a year :lol: 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My mate got the Xbox One, the year it came out and ended up on it himself for a year :lol: 

Most people I knew had Playstations, only a couple of mates had Xbox. Didn't really matter too much though when I was in school because online gaming wasn't a big thing yet. You only really played together when you were at a pal's house.

I grew up with neither. Didn't buy my PS3 until I was 23 and the PS4 was already out.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Seemingly they are remastering metal gear 1 and 2 for the ps5, that will swing a fucking boatload of on the fence punters, 

Metal gear 1 was fucking tremendous

Genuinely one game I could never get into. Same with like alone in the dark and other games of that ilk. Idk why.

10 hours ago, stevemac said:

Genuinely one game I could never get into. Same with like alone in the dark and other games of that ilk. Idk why.

AitD was massively different to MGS though, what i liked about MGS was that it was designed so that you couldn't run and gun, it was the first genuine stealth game, and the mechanics of it were brilliant

Chapping on a wall to attract a guard, then circling round behind him to grab him and choke him from behind was sheer class

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

AitD was massively different to MGS though, what i liked about MGS was that it was designed so that you couldn't run and gun, it was the first genuine stealth game, and the mechanics of it were brilliant

Chapping on a wall to attract a guard, then circling round behind him to grab him and choke him from behind was sheer class

I guess I was only about 6 when they were out so probably too scary for me hahaha. 

Re stealth games i fucking loved splinter cell on ps2 like. Grabbing a bad guy and using him as a human shield was class.

18 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Seemingly they are remastering metal gear 1 and 2 for the ps5, that will swing a fucking boatload of on the fence punters, 

Metal gear 1 was fucking tremendous

They can't just remaster those games IMO. Downloaded them a while back (the originals are on GOG right now as well) and they haven't aged well just in terms of the game mechanics.

They'd need to do a ground-up remake of it, kinda like the Mafia game, to make it worthwhile for today's gamer.

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

I guess I was only about 6 when they were out so probably too scary for me hahaha. 

Re stealth games i fucking loved splinter cell on ps2 like. Grabbing a bad guy and using him as a human shield was class.

Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow was fantastic.

Same with the older hitman games.

• 1 month later...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-oled55cx6la-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-tv-with-google-assistant-amazon-alexa-10205970-pdt.html

Is this over-kill or optimum for PS5...?

My 2009 LG is getting the bullet before I end up getting a PS5 as mentioned (probably a few times) previously.