PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

53 minutes ago, stevemac said:

still waiting on GAME sending the fucking thing. had a dispatch email a couple of days ago but judging by twitter and their FB page they are just marking them as shipped and ignoring everyone querying it. paid 48 hour RM delivery. apparantly some folk have had texts from royal mail confirming a delivery day.

That said, when it lands im in 2 minds to punt it. people are happy paying 800 quid just to get it in time for xmas, im happy to wait to play it tbh, OH has told me to wrap it up for xmas day. fuck that, ill either play it or sell it before then

wrap it up>? rap her round the head mate 

On 09/12/2020 at 12:10, Sket said:

If cunts are daft enough to cough up £800 for a games console I'm more than happy to accommodate them :lol:

A was so tempted to do this been offered 800 multiple times already but the OH has wrapped the cunt up tonight. Devastated 😂

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Mental to think there's still no stock anywhere. Has to be one of the poorest launches they have ever done. 

Was thinking that about a lot of things this year cunts have just went mental buying things rapid 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Mental to think there's still no stock anywhere. Has to be one of the poorest launches they have ever done. 

In terms of sales, it's actually the biggest console launch ever. The demand is unprecedented... Between consumers and scalpers they are selling as soon as they appear on the market. That's unlikely to change anytime soon.

It's not just Sony and Microsoft. Try and buy an RTX 3000 series(Nvidia) or an RX 6000 series(AMD)... or even an iPhone 12 pro.

That's a double hit since both the PS5 and Series X utilise AMD components. Sony simply can't produce what they don't have. Manufacturing is restricted and demand for high end tech far surpasses supply.

50 minutes ago, Iakona said:

In terms of sales, it's actually the biggest console launch ever. The demand is unprecedented... Between consumers and scalpers they are selling as soon as they appear on the market. That's unlikely to change anytime soon.

It's not just Sony and Microsoft. Try and buy an RTX 3000 series(Nvidia) or an RX 6000 series(AMD)... or even an iPhone 12 pro.

That's a double hit since both the PS5 and Series X utilise AMD components. Sony simply can't produce what they don't have. Manufacturing is restricted and demand for high end tech far surpasses supply.

I don't need sensible answers mate I just want a PS5. 

Gotta say after having the PS5 (for the kid) since launch day, i should have jacked on him and sold it for a profit. Then told him i couldn't get a hold of one, seen as he wasn't expecting to get one.

I've spent more time playing it than he has and i'm playing GTA 5, don;t even class myself as a big gamer anymore either.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

It will be gold dust trying to get 1 when stock comes again anyways, no even gonna try I dont think

It seems like a nightmare trying to get one I know a couple of people that work in stores so I might get lucky that way but I doubt it. 

18 hours ago, Steelydan1690 said:

It will be gold dust trying to get 1 when stock comes again anyways, no even gonna try I dont think

You would think they would have had more made though.

I remember it was brutal trying to get a ps4 but it was easily done after a couple of weeks when it was released.

2 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

You would think they would have had more made though.

I remember it was brutal trying to get a ps4 but it was easily done after a couple of weeks when it was released.

If they could have made more, they would. Demand is just too high for the supply right now.. gaming is more popular than its ever been. That coupled with sales being done exclusively online means it's easier for scalpers to the scoop them all  up. Opportunists who aren't necessarily scalpers have jumped on the bandwagon too.

I know it's hard to believe due to the scarcity... But the PS5 outsold the PS4 at launch.

2 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Is the stocks still crazy low for the ps5? 

Was looking to buy one on new years day on the web and just could not find any.

Looking to buy the digital version.

Game had 30 this morning but they were gone in less than 10 minutes. 

They had xboxs as well if you signed up to their finance plan. 

Seemingly there's more than a million coming into the UK in the next few weeks with a shipment in stores tomorrow. 

Well mine came a week before Xmas. My second job closed due to one of the staff getting covid and they decided to take an extended break so I had a lot of spare time. Played over Xmas but I'm back at work now at the weekend so listed it on Facebook. Checked what a reasonable lowish price was based on CEX still offering 625.

Sold within 30 minutes for £700. Absolutely mental. Sold the second controller from the bundle for another 50. I didnt even ask for that price. Can't believe people are paying this much for them. Its a great machine and it's rapid but I literally played fifa and thats it. Will likely pick up a cheap ps4 to do me a year or two before I bite the bullet again. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Still fuck all chance getting one unless your on the scan 24/7. Sell out within 5 mins of coming in.

If I'm being honest I don't really see the point in having one at this moment and I have one :lol: 

The adaptive controller and better load times aside the gaming experience so far isn't massively better.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I'm being honest I don't really see the point in having one at this moment and I have one :lol: 

The adaptive controller and better load times aside the gaming experience so far isn't massively better.

I know, it's just because I don't even have the option lol. 

Forked out on a hdmi 2.1 TV on the sole basis of using it for the PS5. I thought they would be readily available come the start of Feb but its looking like it will be a few more months of flash stock showing up then going again in minutes. 

Feel shite for the ones with kids who are still waiting. 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I know, it's just because I don't even have the option lol. 

Forked out on a hdmi 2.1 TV on the sole basis of using it for the PS5. I thought they would be readily available come the start of Feb but its looking like it will be a few more months of flash stock showing up then going again in minutes. 

Feel shite for the ones with kids who are still waiting. 

Yeah we bought a new TV too to go with. I think I'm going to give Valhalla a go today to see what that is like experience wise. I think because I'm still mainly playing FIFA and GTA its probably limiting the experience.

There's not a hell of a lot of inspiring games out for it either. I'm excited for Gran Turismo but they haven't even set a date for that yet.