league cup final kick off time?

RoboBear

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Will still be 3.

Never understood the early kick off thing to be honest. 

The earlier the kick off time the longer the rest of the day you have in the pub.

That always confused me as well 🧐 it’s no as if cunts don’t fight after it. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nae chance it will be 3pm

It'll be on at 12.30pm so that 1: Fans get less time to get hammered before it and 2: The TV companies will want the rest of the day to slot in a massive English game like Norwich V Watford  for the big 3PM kick off

5 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

It'll be on at 12.30pm so that 1: Fans get less time to get hammered before it and 2: The TV companies will want the rest of the day to slot in a massive English game like Norwich V Watford  for the big 3PM kick off

It’s been confirmed.

Also BT own the rights to the league cup and most Sunday games are on Sky so it won’t be a scheduling issue.

2 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Some of the states I saw roaming around Battlefield on Saturday and Sunday - time to get blootered is irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Do people not understand what confirmed kick off time actually means??

Never understood two things regards drinking and early kick offs.

1. Fans getting absolutely leathered before going to a game. Did it once, couldn’t recall much of the match. Never did it again. Would have been as well burning my money.

2.  If you are of a mind to get the drink down  you before the game, you just start earlier to suit kick off time and then have more time to celebrate/drown your sorrows and cause trouble after wards if that’s your thing.

My supporters club used to alternate between members houses when it was the early KO old firm games and start the drinking at 5-6am.

Id go as far as saying a lot more guys got far  drunker as a result of early kick offs due to the novelty/devilment/peer pressure of getting blooterd at 7am on s Sunday morning.

Makes no sense to me.

22 minutes ago, beararse said:

Never understood two things regards drinking and early kick offs.

1. Fans getting absolutely leathered before going to a game. Did it once, couldn’t recall much of the match. Never did it again. Would have been as well burning my money.

2.  If you are of a mind to get the drink down  you before the game, you just start earlier to suit kick off time and then have more time to celebrate/drown your sorrows and cause trouble after wards if that’s your thing.

My supporters club used to alternate between members houses when it was the early KO old firm games and start the drinking at 5-6am.

Id go as far as saying a lot more guys got far  drunker as a result of early kick offs due to the novelty/devilment/peer pressure of getting blooterd at 7am on s Sunday morning.

Makes no sense to me.

Police have been getting told this for years but it makes no difference. 

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

From the SPFL web site, probably been posted already, but some might not have seen it.

BETFRED CUP

Sunday 8th December 2019

15:00

Rangers v celtic

Can’t wait for the return of the 3pm Sunday games in the League, it’s all about the tradition after all. 

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can’t wait for the return of the 3pm Sunday games in the League, it’s all about the tradition after all. 

As was discussed above CB, I have no idea why they think an early start makes any difference to people drinking.

They will come up with some shite about the game being at Hampden means they can control it better, but cannot do that at the piggery and Ibrox. 

The ones who thought this would be anything other than a 3pm kick off are obviously too young to remember when we used to be in these finals most years.

Cup final kick offs have never been part of the early kick off shite, thankfully it will probably remain that way. 👍

Archived