Gerrard New Contract

eskbankloyal

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Bit of a change in your opinion following Wednesday's game or was that just frustration in the heat of the moment?

NEVER!

I was one of the very few in here who wanted him from the off and still do and would have him forever. Amazing how opinions do change indeed, but such is life.

Like everyone else he is not above criticism, not even the Queen herself above it. Only human after all, so stop being an auld wummin and stirring shite.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

A big lift ahead of tomorrow ... also I assume this means there must still be money to spend 

Think must have been given guarantees about having money to spend going forward, I don't think he would've signed if he didn't think that he could add the quality needed to win things.

If he gets the same out of the team as big Duncan Ferguson got out of the Everton team today, that'll do.

Maybe he could take a leaf out of Duncan's book and show some emotion -  seeing Duncan race down the touchline after the first goal hugging players even ball boys doesn't half get the blood pumping.

I know that's not SG's style, but I think showing a bit more emotion or passion might help lift the crowd?

2 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

If he gets the same out of the team as big Duncan Ferguson got out of the Everton team today, that'll do.

Maybe he could take a leaf out of Duncan's book and show some emotion -  seeing Duncan race down the touchline after the first goal hugging players even ball boys doesn't half get the blood pumping.

I know that's not SG's style, but I think showing a bit more emotion or passion might help lift the crowd?

You want him to wear a sweat band too?

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

NEVER!

I was one of the very few in here who wanted him from the off and still do and would have him forever. Amazing how opinions do change indeed, but such is life.

Like everyone else he is not above criticism, not even the Queen herself above it. Only human after all, so stop being an auld wummin and stirring shite.

Did I touch a nerve?    Calm your jets.  You were clearly raging on Wed like the rest of us.    

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'd genuinely have Gerrard manage us for the next 20 years if it was offered. 

Every manager has a shelf life at a club with very few exceptions Walter,Ferguson and Wenger as 3 examples but there comes a time when the magic no longer works Advocaat being the one for us, even now in the EPL Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who have been with their clubs for ages and have done really well punching way above their weight are now coming under scrutiny with the glass ceiling already been hit, this is only my humble opinion.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I want nothing more than the manager to be successful starting tomorrow.

However if we end up without a trophy for whatever reason for me his times up. 

I think he will bring us success but its gotta be this season for me. 

We'll hand another manager the task of re-building and spending even more cash, that is not going to happen.

We have to do something different to be successful, we have improved so we will be sticking with Gerrard even if we win nothing this year. We have already been on the manager merry go round. King's fault was that he picked a bunch of managers not fit for purpose - he got lucky with Gerrard.

Even if we did get a new manager and re-built, we're basically handing them 10 in a row by doing that - we need some kind of stability for once.

I can only see a catastrophic demise in our team's attitude, mentality and ability to force Gerrard out. I don't see that happening at all.

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Every manager has a shelf life at a club with very few exceptions Walter,Ferguson and Wenger as 3 examples but there comes a time when the magic no longer works Advocaat being the one for us, even now in the EPL Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who have been with their clubs for ages and have done really well punching way above their weight are now coming under scrutiny with the glass ceiling already been hit, this is only my humble opinion.

Often (but of course not always) only because cunts can't see the wood for the trees.

Archived