Tav out till february?

RFC55

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You pick 2 games, one of which was flanagans first game back from injury and thrown in at Pittodrie 

Do you remember him pretty much being the best defender we had at home to the tarriers this season, or how solid he was last season given a run of games

People wanting an untested youngster thrown in because he likes to go forward is fucking nuts, this post winter break is absolutely vital to our title campaign

If barisic, kent, morelos, davis, kamara, Jack and aribo cannot create enough without tav being there then we have major squad problems, flanagan is good enough to solidify the defence

I picked those two games as one was the last time he played RB for us and the other his last appearance.

He wasnt our best defender against celtic, he should have been sent off, and was just as bad as everyone else, he was brutal on the ball!

He did have a run of games towards the end of last season, at LB and we did win those matches, we also played the best we had all season arguably, but as soon as he went to RB he got subbed off at half time.

I am not sure why you are questioning the teams ability to create chance without Tav and that if we cant then we have major squad problems, surely thats been apparent for the past 2-3 seasons? Our entire team is set up around him getting forward and is our first plan of attack, which I would imagine is the reason why the vast majority of the forum (and others it would seem) are very hesitation to put Flanagan in there as he offers absolutely nothing going forward.

I am not suggesting that we put the young kid there and I dare say Flanno will do a job on Friday and but if Tav has had to have his appendix removed he will be missing for at least 6-8 weeks (best case) and I would fancy either playing against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, or Bragam who we face almost a month to the day! 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not as bad as the time he wanted a 67th minute applause for the Lisbon Lions

Still can't believe none of you neanderthals wanted to do it. 

More interested in them not seeing a milestone than applauding a group of guys who stayed in the same street beating the best teams in the world to win the European. Cup but there yae go 

29 minutes ago, Del said:

I picked those two games as one was the last time he played RB for us and the other his last appearance.

He wasnt our best defender against celtic, he should have been sent off, and was just as bad as everyone else, he was brutal on the ball!

He did have a run of games towards the end of last season, at LB and we did win those matches, we also played the best we had all season arguably, but as soon as he went to RB he got subbed off at half time.

I am not sure why you are questioning the teams ability to create chance without Tav and that if we cant then we have major squad problems, surely thats been apparent for the past 2-3 seasons? Our entire team is set up around him getting forward and is our first plan of attack, which I would imagine is the reason why the vast majority of the forum (and others it would seem) are very hesitation to put Flanagan in there as he offers absolutely nothing going forward.

I am not suggesting that we put the young kid there and I dare say Flanno will do a job on Friday and but if Tav has had to have his appendix removed he will be missing for at least 6-8 weeks (best case) and I would fancy either playing against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, or Bragam who we face almost a month to the day! 

So you wanna throw an untested kid into games such as hibs, hearts, aberdeen and braga? 

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Five pager of panic already at the potential loss of apparently a few weeks back a shite player and worse captain 

Tav out for a few games and we lose one, all of a sudden he's an inspirational leader and must keep him at all costs. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So you wanna throw an untested kid into games such as hibs, hearts, aberdeen and braga? 

The bottom line of my reply was,

"I am not suggesting that we put the young kid there and I dare say Flanno will do a job on Friday and but if Tav has had to have his appendix removed he will be missing for at least 6-8 weeks (best case) and I would fancy either playing against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, or Bragam who we face almost a month to the day!"

2nd part should be "wouldn't fancy" not would fancy.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Polster has been told he can leave this window I think.

It will be Flanagan or Patterson I suspect if this turns out to be true.

Good! We should never have signed him in the first place.

According to most hes a RB but in 100 senior appearances hes played RB 26 times...makes sense that!

8 minutes ago, Del said:

Good! We should never have signed him in the first place.

According to most hes a RB but in 100 senior appearances hes played RB 26 times...makes sense that!

The best thing about Polster is his bird.  Will miss the photos.

Archived