Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

Stevie is obviously happy to get the points. We all are, but we were mediocre at home against a team who can't score.

I truly hope individual players step up in oncoming games. I honestly couldn't pick a motm because our whole team was average. 

We looked rusty and need to step up a gear or 72927.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need consistency.

We need to learn how to turn tight games from draws into wins.

We need to be able to win when teams have no interest in attacking.

We need to stop conceding stupid goals.

We need to be able to win more than 3 or 4 games in a row. 

All of the above were said (rightly) on many occasions last season as to why we didn't end up closer to the tims at the end.

P- 20

W- 17

D- 2

L- 1

For- 54

Against- 11

Think we have ticked all the boxes so far. 

Another 3pts and we move onto Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

We need consistency.

All of the above were said (rightly) on many occasions last season as to why we didn't end up closer to the tims at the end.

P- 20

W- 17

D- 2

L- 1

For- 54

Against- 11

Indeed, we are stepping up but not every win will be comfortable or entertaining.

15 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Indeed, we are stepping up but not every win will be comfortable or entertaining.

Of course it won't mate. Our best sides of all time struggled to beat the leagues weaker teams at times over a long season. 

27 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

We need consistency.

P- 20

W- 17

D- 2

L- 1

For- 54

Against- 11

:tu:

Spot on mate .... bring on Sunday.

The 3 points are all that matters ..... what is so difficult to understand about that? ...... it's hard to watch at times ....  I agree ..... but when they park the whole fleet of  busses between the 18 yard line and the 6 yard line .... you take what you can get .... in this case we won a watch and took home the 3 points ..... not hard to understand really ........ I'm as happy as pig in shite .... so far .... and if Carlsberg did Decembers and Januaries like these all the time .....I have no need to grumble.

:UK:

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If teams are going to park the bus, then that is when long-range shooting becomes effective. We have been brutal in that department for years.

Had nobody of any note in that department since Mendes, and the Hammer before him. 

It's a bit infuriating that we are managed by one of the best of all time at it aswell. 

Some might say it's becoming a lost art in many ways. Sadly.... 

6 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Of course it won't mate. Our best sides of all time struggled to beat the leagues weaker teams at times over a long season. 

11 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Winners get points even when they have a bad day.

I truly think we have it in us this season.  SG has set the foundation....

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Winners get points even when they have a bad day.

I truly think we have it in us this season.  SG has set the foundation....

Bang on mate.

The 1 goal slogs against Killie and St. Mirren earn you the same points as the 5 goal victories over the sheep and the Edinburgh clubs we have had this season. 

There will need to be a few more of these kind of victories aswell if we are getting 55 this season, so folk better get strapped in for the ride. 

2 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Bang on mate.

The 1 goal slogs against Killie and St. Mirren earn you the same points as the 5 goal victories over the sheep and the Edinburgh clubs we have had this season. 

There will need to be a few more of these kind of victories aswell if we are getting 55 this season, so folk better get strapped in for the ride. 

It will defo be a rollercoaster.

5 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Or... since the cup final we’ve won 6 domestic games on the spin conceding 1 goal which should never have stood. 

St Mirren didn’t have a single shot on target and created 1 half chance. 

We weren’t clinical enough but all about the 3 points; particularly with 2 of our most important players missing.

Three points , one goal scored another clean sheet and no injuries to any of our key players I will take that every game please. 

4 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I'd take a similar display and result from Tynecastle without question. 

Correct mate I actually have a bad feeling about the hearts game but I hope to fuck I am wrong. So I would take last night's performance and scoreline in a heartbeat we need to keep winning we can't be first to drop points between us and the scum we just can't be.

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Spot on, no way will we play brilliant every game, if we had dropped points tonight the  rightly so the performance should draw criticism but we didn't , 3pts more in the bag and we move on

You can criticise a win you know, if we dont then it could lead to complacency

Last night was brutal, for me it was down to the fact that we play one way and one way only, if teams nullify that we are out of ideas and it took a deflected shot from our left back to get us something last night

We need the ability to change it up during games, switch from the 433 to a 442 or a 4132 or something, last night we had st mirren camped outside their box yet we have 3 centre mids that will not make a run in behind them, it was easy for them to defend against, 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You can criticise a win you know, if we dont then it could lead to complacency

Last night was brutal, for me it was down to the fact that we play one way and one way only, if teams nullify that we are out of ideas and it took a deflected shot from our left back to get us something last night

We need the ability to change it up during games, switch from the 433 to a 442 or a 4132 or something, last night we had st mirren camped outside their box yet we have 3 centre mids that will not make a run in behind them, it was easy for them to defend against, 

I've been saying for ages now that home games against the bottom half teams who are there to stifle we should be playing a 352, St Mirren on the odd occasion at the most got 4 men ahead of the ball, if we can't cope with that with that system then the games a bogey 

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

shambles of a performance

in fact the usual shambles of a performance that we have to see 6 out of every 10 league games

if the scumbags manage to remove Alfie form any more of our matches we wont win the league

Nice to see you being your usual positive self😂😂

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Nice to see you being your usual positive self😂😂

sadly you wont be wondering why the fuck I'm miserable come May, if we don't buy a goalscorer and gerrard doesn't rip up his woeful playbook. Rather than rip it up I expect to see him dump Katic and put in the carthorse as soon as he is fit

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Why we getting our knickers in a twist 

3pts .This time last year we were dropping points 

We move on to Hearts game .No damage 

We’re a very strange bunch! We are never happy. We won and if we win every game we have left this season then we win the league. 10 men behind the ball is always hard to be break down and it’s not pretty to watch but we got that vital goal and with it 3 points. We missed Alfie and Tav tonight but we got there and that’s all that matters.

8 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

On another day they could get lucky and it's two points dropped.

We seriously lack the ability to kill off far lesser teams, especially in games where we dominate.

In our last 7 home games against St Mirren we've scored 18 and conceded 2.

That's the equivalent to us scoring 5 goals every 2 games and them scoring 1 goal every 9 games.

We do kill them off. 

2 hours ago, thehost said:

sadly you wont be wondering why the fuck I'm miserable come May, if we don't buy a goalscorer and gerrard doesn't rip up his woeful playbook. Rather than rip it up I expect to see him dump Katic and put in the carthorse as soon as he is fit

A goal scorer that plays where? We play with 1 striker and already have 2.

His woeful playbook that's seen us lose 1 league game this season and make the knockout stages of the Europa league beating the likes of Porto and Feyenoord along the way. 

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

He’s bang on though, came on and done well.  Only thing that disappointed me is he took Aribo off for him.  Aribo was our best player tonight by far. 

Aribo thoroughly deserves his motm, he played with real tenacity and determination but I did comment that he looked to be tiring just before the substitution. Think Ojo’s application was more positive than of late when he came on last night and that would have been some goal had the keeper not turned it round their post...

5 - 4 - 1 is always going to be tough to play against. I watched them play last night for a wee while, whereas I'm usually concentrating on what we're doing, and they were solid, well organised and well dug in although they were seldom over the half way line. We spent the entire night trying to unlock that defence and it pisses me off that we don't hit more shots from outside the box

Who was it said "Sometimes you just have to win ugly"?

This time last year we would have lost that game or drawn it at best.

3 points, see ya in Edinburgh on Sunday

Archived