So what can we do about it?

five stars

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The refereeing in this country is a shambles but see if I thought I was being cheated in any sport I wouldn’t watch it.

Maybe im naive but if anyone knows anyone who plays football at any level above Junior then you will hear plenty of inside stories that never make the papers. I don’t think there is an underlying conspiracy against us because I don’t think it would stay covered up for long.

1 hour ago, Bjorklund said:

The refereeing in this country is a shambles but see if I thought I was being cheated in any sport I wouldn’t watch it.

Maybe im naive but if anyone knows anyone who plays football at any level above Junior then you will hear plenty of inside stories that never make the papers. I don’t think there is an underlying conspiracy against us because I don’t think it would stay covered up for long.

Mate there is much incompetence, but by fuck there is bias. We were cheated out of that league cup and clear bias shown on the 29th when we actually won in spite of it. It was blatent again last night.

I am not saying there is a conspiracy with refs sitting in a darkened room hatching a plan. It less formal and subtler than that, but it is there.

Then there is the matter of why the club do not challenge all this incompetence and bias and poster suggests it's down to the five way agreement. Well if it is, then it's corrupt and a rigged game and punters should not be paying to watch a sport that is bent.

There are questions needing answered.

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

Can't really see it myself but I will say I think we've actually had a harder run of games than them since the 29th and they've got some tricky games coming up. I don't mean there's hope but we can at least close the gap and make them sweat a bit before deciding what to do for next season. 

Time do dig really deep and go unbeaten,its still possible but only if the team want it!Put all the players in with a bit of dig and get behind them,we have a game in hand and two against those cunt thats 9 points.Push them right to the wire

Put out a weakened team for the rest of this years league and cup making a statement that we refuse to participate in sporting events where the fundamental reason a team will win is on the preference  of a referee. 
Concentrate solely on the europa cup where it’s the best team that wins.  

This is all just papering over the cracks. The performances since the break tell you that we’re not good enough to win a title.

i agree that decisions have went against us and fucked us but we’re unrecognisable to who we were before the break. 

Refereeing decisions cost us the 3 points at rugby park but even so we would have still won that game if we had played anywhere near the levels we’re capable of. 

No matter if our board come out fighting and list all the shocking decisions that have went against us, the media in this country will only turn it against them, they always do.

Even some on this forum will see it as an opportunity to have a go at the board.

Its a no win situation, the only thing left as far as I can see is for SG and the players to get their act together and do more than enough to beat the opponents including the officials.

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

I meant since the return from the winter break.

Fair enough KJ

just 3 points since the break and 2 in December then

One referee 5 points

Difference between being 5 behind with a game in hand or 10

Assuming he’s not cheating then I’d say the death threats, vilification and bullying by all has had the desired effect

He’s petrified to give us anything and takes the easy route which creates a bias

Madden and McLean are the same. Give us nothing to prove they’re not biased. Hence a bias is created. A bit like positive discrimination (what an oxymoron) in recruitment. Create a bias against one group to favour a minority 

meanwhile Clancy, Walsh, Collin etc certainly don’t feel the need to compensate 

Clancy’s performance on the 29th was blatantly biased

their campaign of pressurising referees is a well oiled machine where the club themselves barely need to speak

They’ve even allowed a video to be filmed inside their ground featuring staff and a club ambassador accusing the referees and the SFA of being corrupt masons who hate and cheat  celtic and got away with it

Their campaign that created the referees strike has created a conscious or subconscious bias in their favour that is worth several points every season to them

After Gerrards first game at Pittodrie he heavily criticized the referee. He was widely mocked in the press for doing so.

Since then hardly a word spoken against the refs. Did he decide himself not to criticize them anymore or did the power's above ask him too?

A start would be SG going in front of the camera after the game and saying how incompetent the refs was, and how it potential effected the result. He should also be questioning why it's continually happening, and how it ultimately effects which team wins/loses trophies. He could also use his connections down south to get a wider platform for the message.

The usual suspects will soon respond (speirs,  english etc) implying that SG's losing it or some other deflection technique. But that should not discourage us.

We should then have different players/ coaches interviewed in subsequent days again bringing awareness to the incompetence and how it is effecting the results. Former players, bloggers etc could also contributed to keep it in the news.

This needs to be carefully managed from behind the scenes to keep it in the media and to avoid saying anything that'll get you charged by the SFA. Obviously there are certain things you can't say, such as accusing the refs of cheating but if you stick to the facts, point out the incompetence and the horrendous mistakes being made.

For example after the killie game I'd be questioning how all 4 officials all managed to miss the handball for their first goal. The ball was in the air a long time and his arm and hand  clearly moved towards the ball intentionally. It's a horrendous decision and completely incompetence. 

We should possibly consider employ a retired referee, someone who knows the rules inside/out who could communicate with the SFA's refereeing supervisor asking for explanations for controversial decisions. Why was the hibs player not booked for wrestling Morelos to the ground or the killie player for the blatant professional foul? Demand an explanation and provide examples of Rangers players getting booked for far less. If the explanation is that the ref made a mistake than demand to know what the consequences are going to be for the match officials who where unable to deal with these blatantly obviously infringements appropriately. Will they be demoted or like Clancy given a big game like after his inept Old Firm performance.

The players also need to do more. After killies first goal Goldson briefly and very meekly claimed for handball.  The players should of surrounded the referee demanding the goal be disqualified for handball and also questioning his assistant as to what he has seen. Again the players need coached on what they can say to the ref without getting themselves into trouble.

It's happening time and time again players just accepting bad decisions without even complaining to the match officials about it, in fact it mirrors the way our managerial team just accept them too.

Clearly the above isn't a complete solution but it's a start and will put more pressure on the referees and their supervisors.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

If you expect us to win 3-0 every game to nullify controversial decisions you are wrong. There is a fine line in professional sport and balanced refereeing is essential. Contrary to believe, Barcelona don't trounce everyone all of the time. 

The scum are scoring 3+ goals a game just now - including Killie away.

Why shouldn’t we expect to do the same?

3 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Someone smarter than me must have made a compilation of the wrong decisions of scottish refs so far this season against us? 

There isnt tht many tbh, we have played well and not let the ref effect the outcome in 90% of the games.

But when we under perform the refs decisions effect our results. Aberdeen away, cup final, and killie the other night. 5points and a trophy so far.

6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The scum are scoring 3+ goals a game just now - including Killie away.

Why shouldn’t we expect to do the same?

The main reason is that their creative players are allowed to play football whilst ours are allowed to be kicked, elbowed and blocked. 

From a wider perspective, the standard of refereeing is generally poor. Football is a mulit-million pound business and with part-time amateur refs your unlikely to get the standard of official required for the modern professional game.

Full-time referees would be a start, allowing them to train, analyse games as well as  preparing for games together. It could potentially make them a closer  knit bunch who could strive for higher standards, hold the integrity of the game to the highest regard and be less influenced by outside forces.

It should be made more transparent how referees are selected for games and how they are assessed for their performances. We should also know what system is in place to demote poorly performing officials.

VAR is the other obvious change and it no surprise that our opponents across the city don't want it. For all the noise they make about refs, behind the scenes I'm sure they're more than happy with the situation as it stands, after all they spent years applying pressure to get it this way.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The main reason is that their creative players are allowed to play football whilst ours are allowed to be kicked, elbowed and blocked. 

Nothing to do with us not performing well at all?

Not just a little bit?

Refs have been garbage since the inception of the Scottish professional football leagues. Will continue to be garbage. It’s a sad reality. But it should hardly matter when we are playing teams we should be scudding.

The impotent performances worry me more than an absolute clown as a ref

25 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

This is a very valid point.

Aberdeen kicked us off the park at Pittodrie and should definitely have been down to 10 men (cosgrove's high late dangerous tackle on Davis - not even booked) and could have been down to 9 (Logan's two footed both feet off the ground lunge in the corner) Several others could have been booked in the first half alone but weren't. This happens almost every game

Contrast a week later and Cosgrove gets a straight red at the paedodrome for sliding past a player

Davis missed four games including a cup final as a result of that tackle, Ajer wasn't even touched

Just one example but teams definitely don't get away with half as much against them and early bookings definitely change how a player can play

32 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Nothing to do with us not performing well at all?

Not just a little bit?

Refs have been garbage since the inception of the Scottish professional football leagues. Will continue to be garbage. It’s a sad reality. But it should hardly matter when we are playing teams we should be scudding.

The impotent performances worry me more than an absolute clown as a ref

It’s not helping if the creative players are getting treated differently from any other teams players. 
Refs know that they will be allowed to apply the rules to a different format and the media will back that up. 

11 hours ago, five stars said:

Refereeing decisions are once again costing us vital points in what was a tight title race. But it's not a surprise and it's nothing new..

Last season kicked off with our new team and management full of energy and enthusiasm playing away to Aberdeen. It didn't take long before we were brought down a peg or two with one of our players wrongly sent off early in the game. Countless bad decisions in important games followed throughout the season.

This season's been the same, these things clearly don't as the popular saying goes, "balance themselves out over a season". 

So what can we do about it? Singing fuck the SFA and boycotting away games ain't gonna help.

Surely there must be something we can do as a club to instigate the necessary changes and ensure a level playing field?

I think that the club need to hire a firm like sportradar to investigate all the games since Rangers entered the premiership to find out what's going on. I think it's something to do with the 5 way agreement.

The 5 way agreement was an agreement that Rangers had to accept certain punishments to receive a licence to play. What's not clear is if any of those punishments are enduring.  It seems to me as though Rangers are bound to the jurisdiction of the football governing bodies when they have a grievance which means they can't use the press in the same way cfc do or our club will be fined.

The Governing bodies appear to be doing nothing about the ref situation and Rangers continue to have at least a 10 point deficit at the end of each season.  which is the same amount that Rangers were deducted when they booted the club out of the league. I can't help but think this league want to make sure Rangers receive a 10 point deduction indefinitely and they are achieving it with match manipulation from the refs.

If this is the case then what did Green agree to? 

We know Ally and MM stopped the stripping of titles but I do feel this 10 point deficit each season is connected to titles and how some can be clawed back along with the prize money. 

37 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You do have a point. Between the lack of protection of our players and the carding of our players if we as much as breathe in an offensive manner, it does stymie our play and have a psychological effect,  with much of it is just blatent cheating by refs. However, these last run of games, where we showed little passion and commitment and general all round piss poor play and I doubt the ref bias affects our game that much surely?

If the players think that the bias is as bad as we think it is, it must be a big topic in the dressing room and you'd think Gerrard would speak out. Now if he has been told to stay stoom on it, then things must be pretty bad in what the authorities have holding over us and if the case then it's nothing less than corruption and the club should not be playing along with it, as it is simply cheating the fans and a crime in us paying for a rigged competition and we should be calling it out. Five way agreement or not.

I do feel something is going on.

Archived