Braga Are A Great Wee Team.

tannerall

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tannerall said:

2-0 up in the second half they were playing the ball all over the place, great passes, confidence high after recent successes, teamwork, and sheer footballing ability.  Was a joy to watch to be honest. Unless you were a Rangers fan.

But then the wee bits of magic that us Gers fans have not experienced for over a decade kicked in. Hagi still full of confidence that the great footballers with ability have, pulled us in with a great goal. 

An then the real magic happened, we started to believe in ourselves, our ability, our passion, the desire to win. It's what the great teams of yore were all about, we worked the shift, we made our own luck. Thw Aribo subsitution was inspired, even desperate, butthe magic of that goal will live in our minds forever. 

And then we excelled. 

Braga are a good football team, and who knows, perhaps their technical abilities may even win this tie. 

But what tonight proved is we are now  team who can battle on, make our luck and show the resolve of the great teams, who have  the ability to achieve greatness. 

(By the way this was a team effort without Morleos, he tried a few one off things but his contribution fell short again tonight,  the sooner he starts to get his act together again the better, but no great worries he will come good again, but tonights result was up there with our greatest performances in Europe.)

And not to forget, in my opinion our "Player Of the Year" so far, was the most crucial part of the process. Take a bow  Allan McGregor. 

Post of the season, in a nut shell 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The main issue I had in the first 45 minutes mate was our passing was so bad across the board.

It was like unforced errors in Tennis, only ourselves to blame, there was some forced errors by their pressure

One move they had that started from the corner flag to a great chance was unreal.

Totally agree mate. 

Thought 2nd half we were incredible and when it went 2 we didn't deserve that 

50 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

Hopefully he now realises we need a plan B, change the formation and press higher up. Will he do the same against Hearts, Kilmarnock, Sheep, all teams we should be hammering - even Kambera gives us a different shape/option.

Canny mind of anybody suggesting Aribo for left back 😂

37 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Can't really call them a wee team when they're consistently playing in Europe, season after season. 

I wouldn’t say they are a big team either. Done really well punching above their weight when they reached the final in 2011 but apart from that I don’t remember them doing much in Europe.

Also when you look at the rest of the Portuguese league of course they will be in Europe year in year out.

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I wouldn’t say they are a big team either. Done really well punching above their weight when they reached the final in 2011 but apart from that I don’t remember them doing much in Europe.

Also when you look at the rest of the Portuguese league of course they will be in Europe year in year out.

I remember them papping the scum out of the CL in 2012, also I remember Hearts beating them in 2003/4. They are a fairly regular and difficult fixture in Europe, very impressive tonight.

That was the performance I was expecting from Porto, but you can see why they have been racing up the league table.

41 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dreadful mate.

Will need them to improve massively for next Wed...

I’m old school, i want a big hard Physical  bastard in that midfield next season beside Jacko.

41 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dreadful mate.

Will need them to improve massively for next Wed...

I’m old school, i want a big hard Physical  bastard in that midfield next season beside Jacko.

I would play Edmundsen in midfield especially against the Sheep where we get bullied by big dirty forwards. At least it might stiffen our defending set pieces.

Lethal wee team. Play some exciting stuff as well and thankfully don't act like cunts either which makes such a change. They really do leave themselves open at the back as a result though.

They'll be scratching their heads and wondering how the fuck they lost that tonight.

Could've been game well and truly over by half time if they were more accurate. 3 or 4 point blank sitters / headers / gilt edge chances missed in the first 45.

Some fucking game! Good telly for any neutrals :lol:

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

........Play some exciting stuff as well and thankfully don't act like cunts either......

Yeah, respect to them that they play a good game and weren’t the usual, theatrical European teams we have seen in the past.

But all credit to us too for not lying down at 2-0 - a bit of backbone shown at last 🇬🇧 

Archived