*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Katic should have been taken off instead of Halliday imo with Aribo and Halliday position switch. 

Hindsight and all that...but essentially Katic should have been off.  

so one centre back then or am I missing something?

Just now, frenv said:

Aribo's improved his goal scoring rate massively since becoming our LB - he could potentially achieve super-attack-stats if we made him CB.

He has but it would be some laugh watching us play a back 3 of Tav, Goldson and Aribo with Halliday in midfield. I think that's what she was saying.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard can’t be blamed for having players that don’t have the right mentality to play for Rangers but what he can be blamed for and what might end his managerial career at Rangers is continuing to play these individuals. 

Bringing them to the club is a pretty big downfall of his 

Pisses me off the amount of times we are in the lead but still feel the need to push our full backs forward. As if we still have to force the game. We need to learn that sometimes it's better to consolidate and put the pressure on the other team to attack. A bit like what At Johnstone are doing now. It's called game management

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard can’t be blamed for having players that don’t have the right mentality to play for Rangers but what he can be blamed for and what might end his managerial career at Rangers is continuing to play these individuals. 

But he can be blamed for signing them.

Archived