Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one is sacking him. We can't afford to.

We go into terminal decline as the scum get direct access to CL group money. Bridging the gap becomes unattainable.

Barring an oiligarch we're fucked. Gerrard was the last throw of the dice by this board. There is no more money as we sit in a precarious financial position. If Alfie diesn't turn his form around, we'll get little for him, but he is off one way or another. He is done with here and who could blame him? 

Continue this form, fans will vote with their feet and there is no chance we are stopping ten in a row, so better we face that now. Are we prepared for another title losing season?! I would say not.

Only regime change and plenty cash, can we change our fortunes and that is unlikely to happen, but one would welcome it.

Losing this title is hard cos its 9 again for them .

Yes we need investment but again who would come here as a top established manager .

They only got Rogers cos hes Irish 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

So we sack him with millions in compensation . Who do we sign and where does the money come from?? 

That's up to the board for funds and the DOF to find a new manager if it becomes necessary.  One of the reasons for the DOF is to put structure in place so a change of management isn't a complete start from scratch. 

I don't think Gerrard is going anywhere tbh. But I think questions should be asked why we've  collapsed so badly at the same time as last year.  Dropping several points from winning positions isn't good enough. 

He's got a fight to turn it round and I think he badly needs the Scottish cup. It would show he can get a team over the line and give us something to build on going into next year. 

15 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

They are currently 12 points ahead, you put those 8 needless points, plus a game in hand and before we play each other again, the title race is well and truely on, even not playing well. But amateur mistakes by Gerrard and by the players have ruined all the good work they've done in the first 6 months. You can't win every game, fine. But losing at Tynecastle and McDairmid Park was nothing short of disgraceful given the circumstances. Rugby Park cost us through the refereeing  but its not just one factor that's cost us. It's the manager, the players,  the tactics, the opposition and the referees.  The one that can be changed at the moment needs to be or this could get seriously embarrassing. 

Don't forget the 2 points we chucked away at pittodrie as well! These 10 points in total have totally fucked us.

The draw at Tyncastle and at home to Aberdeen happens throughout a season. Dropping 10 points from winning positions is just shameful.

45 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

The paedos must be pissing themselves at the meltdown in here.

9iar in the bag and no signs of that run getting stopped anytime soon. 

Odds on to complete 4 trebles on the spin, just think about that before you answer me with aye but aye but. 4 fucking trebles in a row and every chance they will make it 5 next season because we aren’t doing fuck all about it. 

So just what is going to change, we haven’t got any new money on the horizon the management are going to keep going with their plan which hasn’t worked so far and is showing no signs of working going forward. 

Do we sack the manager? I have no idea, we couldn’t afford to do it at the moment anyway unless he finds a job really quick after us.

So just what is the answer??

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Don't forget the 2 points we chucked away at pittodrie as well! These 10 points in total have totally fucked us.

The draw at Tyncastle and at home to Aberdeen happens throughout a season. Dropping 10 points from winning positions is just shameful.

Fuck I completely forgot about that. Just thinking about this block of fixtures. Makes my point even more valid.  Sometimes these results happen, but something like not seeing out a game is the difference between 1st and 2nd

2 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Fuck I completely forgot about that. Just thinking about this block of fixtures. Makes my point even more valid.  Sometimes these results happen, but something like not seeing out a game is the difference between 1st and 2nd

Aye if it was just the 2-2 at Aberdeen or the loss to Hearts then I think we could live with it but it's a running theme now and it's always away from home as well.

12 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He was clearly scarred by the killie game when Davis should have been on, so he did the same change today before we lost an equaliser which might have worked but the defence is shite and we should have kept the foot on the gas to keep it as far away from our defence as possible.

The killie game and yesterday were so different, killie were dominating, creating chances etc, st johnstone never kicked a ball that second half until gerrard shat the bed

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Barring an oligarch in the summer, we're fucked.

Just out of curiosity do you have a word of the day calendar, and is the word above today's one ? As you have used it about  4 times in different posts  already today! 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Odds on to complete 4 trebles on the spin, just think about that before you answer me with aye but aye but. 4 fucking trebles in a row and every chance they will make it 5 next season because we aren’t doing fuck all about it. 

So just what is going to change, we haven’t got any new money on the horizon the management are going to keep going with their plan which hasn’t worked so far and is showing no signs of working going forward. 

Do we sack the manager? I have no idea, we couldn’t afford to do it at the moment anyway unless he finds a job really quick after us.

The answers are simple from all sides . 

1. Gerard must learn to adapt to different opposition .

2. The players who have shown no bottle since beggars game need to be held accountable and must be dropped . 

3. We need proper investment from numerous sources and we need to push for maximum price for fredo .

4..We need a proper captain who is the manager on the park . Personally I'd give it to McGregor ( don't like keepers usually) but hes got a winning mentality and means like Barry Ferguson.

5. We have to be realistic they cunts are habitual winners and have got 5 years run on us . We always knew it would be difficult . Shooting ourselves in the foot disnae help ffs but in general we are better than 2 years ago .

We cant afford to sack our management team after signing new contracts so our club must back him to the hilt but stevie must learn as he goes and ask for help off people who've been there and done it.

I remember  Alex Ferguson saying that he was up for the sack and had threatening letters etc and asked Matt Busby for advice and he got tactical advice and 1 other bit and that was noone else can do this job and noone else is where you are right now. Dont listen to people putting you down and dont read the papers.

11 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

What did he say after braga mate? What sly dig?

Can't remember the exact quote but he mentioned the moans and groans behind him and people leaving early when we went 2-0 down, I would accept that if we were winning every game and the Braga game was a one off but we have been watching the same shit since the winter break, the only time he has actually changed it we have done something and yet he still sticks with the same formation, system and players.

McCoist set the club back years. Warburton got us roughly where we are now in the league with next to no money.Pedro got us to roughly the same having been given a fortune to waste. Now Gerrard has spent millions and we look like the Warburton team but we cannot keep changing managers. SG is still a rookie and it would have been better if he had brought in a proven number 2 to help guide him like Souness did rather than a nice guy who has  had no success in managing or assisting. However we have to stick with what we have and hope that eventually lessons are learned.

My gripe with Gerrard is his inability to learn from the last game, his stubborness in playing the same players every game and his refusal to change tactics or formation.

Yesterday he changed it to two up front which worked then immediately took Morelos off to resort back to one up front again.

Aye ok the players aren't doing it for him but by fuck he needs to take a right good look at himself

3 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Sacking him is not the answer 

he’s in for a lot of flack and I think he realises he needs to change it up. 

get Wednesday out the way 

Pap hearts out the cup 

And on we go 👍🏻 

And what if we get papped out of Europe and the Cup..which is a real possibility with the way we are playing at the moment.

There comes a point where you can’t just keep defending and backing him.

1 minute ago, Falcoholic said:

My gripe with Gerrard is his inability to learn from the last game, his stubborness in playing the same players every game and his refusal to change tactics or formation.

Yesterday he changed it to two up front which worked then immediately took Morelos off to resort back to one up front again.

Aye ok the players aren't doing it for him but by fuck he needs to take a right good look at himself

Exactly this.

We keep talking about the financial advantage that celtic have, and they do, so if you want to match or better them with less financial resources then you need to be a more resourceful manager and Gerrard hasn’t shown himself to be that so far.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We bring in a manager who has to learn the game now we want rid as he's making mistakes which we all knew would happen as he is learning the game.

The problem isn’t that he’s making mistakes, it’s that he’s making the same ones over and over again.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We bring in a manager who has to learn the game now we want rid as he's making mistakes which we all knew would happen as he is learning the game.

We all knew mistakes would be made under a first time manager.  

The issue is he is not learning and repeating the same ones. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People can go on about finances, scum points total, many Internationalists and caps each squad has etc. 

The simple fact of the matter none of that has any relevance on us throwing away 5 points against the worst side in the league, 2 points against a horrific St Johnstone side. Blowing a 2 goal lead at Aberdeen and failing to score at home to them. It also has no bearing on Gerrard costing us points at home to the scum when he absolutely shat the bed and played with 0 wingers.

That's 14 points blown solely down to complacency and a negative mentality(bringing on Davis for Morelos) and nothing to do with quality or wages.

Except It is clearly relevant because if we had better players and the quality squad depth celtic have, we would be less likely to drop points against these teams. We don't have quality replacements on the bench that can come on and change a game.

Tactics and formations, i agree, he could be improving a lot and he doesn't seem to learn from it, but again, that could be down to the quality on the bench tbh.

And before anyone says "Gerrard signed these players" yes he did, because we needed to build a squad, but we can't afford quality in every position. celtic are topping up their treble winning side with £4m players who can't make their bench, that's the difference.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Find new money, without it no players of quality and we are pretty much pissing in the wind and hoping it is not blowing our way.

As for the treble, well we can still stop it but it depends on the players we have now.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Find new money, without it no players of quality and we are pretty much pissing in the wind and hoping it is not blowing our way.

As for the treble, well we can still stop it but it depends on the players we have now.

Don’t see any new money anytime soon so it’s as we are then. 

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

It is but every manager we've ever had has done that so why is it different this season .

Scenario from now on . We win our remaining games we end up with 97 points which is equal to our highest ever . - Do you honestly think that will happen?

We get through in Europe to quarters say and win the scottish cup we've had our best season since 2011.. - two huge Ifs

We've conceded only 18 goals in 27 games 1 more than the beggars we've lost only 1 more game than them . - Irrelevant, the important stat is that we're 12 points behind them. 

We've improved enormously in our last 18 months . Aye were chucking away shite now but we will improve .- We have improved, but we lack mentality required to win anything. Choked in every domestic cup competition so far and even threw away an opportunity to top a European group for the first time. 

We must give Gerrard time and alot more cash - He's had almost two years and so far we've won nothing, if he doesn't win the Scottish Cup he has to go for me. 

Archived