Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

You say that but we all know that if Tav plays a blinder in our next 2 or 3 games he’ll be a hero again

Nope, long past that.

Best for both parties for him to go. I actually think he’ll want to go too.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The minute he zooms out you can see it's just that wee group gesticulating. The rest of the stand isn't. 

The reaction at FT last night (& throughout the game) was just as poisonous as the 4-1 defeat there under Warburton. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s probably 5-10 minutes after final whistle.

It was poisonous, i said already that there is no way back for certain players and the only way back for manager is to rip that squad apart.

May well have been, but it's a small minority of people in the stand at that time that are angrily gesticulating. The video doesn't prove what it was made out to.

Hard to say what the general view is amongst the fans. On here it seems split, yet still the vote is still in his favour. Over on FF it looks like an overwhelming number are still backing him to some degree. 

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’d hope he’s been on the phone to Walter Smith and Jurgen Klopp. I’d cash in those connections right now if I was him

I think half the problem is he tries to adopt Klopps philosophies too much. He needs to get away from the Liverpool connection and talk to a Rangers man. Smith, Souness for football, Greig for how to handle the pressure. People will laugh but I'm sure even McCoist could give him some sound advice when it comes to the magnitude of the club. The pressure has got to him. It was evident in that post-match interview.

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve spent £20m the last 2 summers. There’s no reason to suggest that wont be replicated. Players will be sold to fund new faces as well. 

Yup spent 20mill in two summers, and euro money still didnt cover our losses, what if we dont get through to the group stages, who pays our losses then

As for players sold, you'd be lucky to get good value now after their collapse, not a chance we'd get 20mill for morelos now for example

Meanwhile it is guaranteed that at some point they will fluke a CL group stage, then we are totally fucked

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Do we even have gates at the training ground? It's been a good few years since I was last there, but I can't remember there being gates at the entrance. 

We move the gates at Ibrox to the training ground when we're not playing at home. 

40 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Edmunson the only guy that didn’t take a beating tbh. 

General consensus last night from everyone was that they couldn’t defend Gerrard any longer and wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone by Monday 

He was the only one that came down to the support and the support applauded him , he had a fucking howler and couldn’t hit the target with a free header 4 yards out , fuck applauding that , I certainly wasn’t 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

The reaction at FT last night (& throughout the game) was just as poisonous as the 4-1 defeat there under Warburton. 

It's always bound to be heat of the moment just after a defeat like that in these circumstances.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

May well have been, but it's a small minority of people in the stand at that time that are angrily gesticulating. The video doesn't prove what it was made out to.

Hard to say what the general view is amongst the fans. On here it seems split, yet still the vote is still in his favour. Over on FF it looks like an overwhelming number are still backing him to some degree. 

Follow Follow :lol:

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

He was the only one that came down to the support and the support applauded him , he had a fucking howler and couldn’t hit the target with a free header 4 yards out , fuck applauding that , I certainly wasn’t 

Least he had the baws to face it. Tav and Goldson bolting down the tunnel speaks volumes itself.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Follow Follow :lol:

Yeah, what about it? It's a qualified gauge the same as many things are. Very few of which suggest any majority of fans wanting Gerrard out. 

11 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why would anyone chain gates shut when theres no one going in there anyway?

When they turn up in the morning they will be locked out. Obviously chains will be cut but it’s more symbolic.

Use yer noggin ffs 

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The goalposts just continue to be moved.

First it was Gerrard needed a year to settle in but this season WE HAD to challenge and be under x amount of points.

No doubt after him failing next year the same posters will be coming up with similar replies.

I made a thread on here around October 2018 saying we win nothing under Gerrard. 100% still convinced about that. He is not tactical or versatile enough to win this league.

Wish I was wrong but no evidence suggests the contrary. 

Let’s wait until the end of the season before we start thinking about how many points etc. No point whatsoever arguing about it now.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why the fuck would Gerrard phone Klopp about struggling with the demands of Scottish Football :lol:

Why would a football manager who’s struggling phone the current best football manager in the world to ask advice, when he has him on speed dial? Mental idea tbh

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Why would a football manager who’s struggling phone the current best football manager in the world to ask advice, when he has him on speed dial? Mental idea tbh

Hi Jurgen, struggling to beat Hearts and Kilmarnock pal. Any ideas?

What is a Kilmarnock Stevie!

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last night wasnt a heat of the moment though, its a culmination of all of gerrards mistakes, like seeing tav sell the jerseys again at tynecastle 

Of course it's the heat of the moment. It's the reaction to the culmination expressed in the heat of the moment.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's quite clear to me that the vast majority of bears do not want SG to go. They see the chaos that would ensue if he did , but they also see that Gerrard can be the man to sort  this out. 

Hurting as we are, the sensible outcome is for Gerrard to fight on and sort things out in the summer. 

Archived