Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard has backed himself into a corner. This shit is plastered over every rag both north and south of the border..

For him to stay, he needs to show changes are afoot. No more smart talk. A gesture is needing to be made. Someone has to be sacrificed. That has to be Tav, otherwise it will be Gerrard. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard has backed himself into a corner. This shit is plastered over every rag both north and south of the border..

For him to stay, he needs to show changes are afoot. No more smart talk. A gesture is needing to be made. Someone has to be sacrificed. That has to be Tav, otherwise it will be Gerrard. 

Not saying you're right or wrong but will what sacrificing Tav bring, genuinely interested?

If we go to a back 3 for example and that means Tav is dropped then fair enough but simply replacing Tav with Polster doesn't do much to that team I dont think, other than arguably make it weaker. 

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Forgetting our other debate, how can being put out of 3 domestic cups by non tarrier sides exceed expectations? How can only beating the sheep twice in ten games exceed expectations? How can not winning in 3 games at tynecastle to the worst hearts team in a decade exceed expectations? 

Gerrard will probably think he is actually doing a good job .He says over and over ,his players are 

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Oh right. That would be more evident than the 40k that do go, and it's nothing to do with a Wednesday night game in bad weather when usually there's thousands of empty seats  anyway, or the fact that there's virtually nothing to play for in the league any more, rather than a desire for Gerrard to be gone? K mate.

Not that I think there will be that many empty seats.

You think thousands of empty seats because there’s “virtually nothing to play for” isn’t  a sign that folk aren’t happy?

Are you fucking serious here?

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not saying you're right or wrong but will what sacrificing Tav bring, genuinely interested?

If we go to a back 3 for example and that means Tav is dropped then fair enough but simply replacing Tav with Polster doesn't do much to that team I dont think, other than arguably make it weaker. 

But it proves that shite performances will not be tolerated, its hamilton at home, remember some on here wanted patterson playing away to hearts, so dropping tav wont weaken us that badly

30 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nope, once this season and once last season, they didnt lose at ibrox in 3 games, they drew in the cup, and beat us at hampden, 

Played them 7 times last season, he won only once at Pittodrie, played them 3 times this season, only won once

Wrong on this one Jim. 

He beat the sheep twice last season.  4-2 away and 2-0 at ibrox. Tav scored twice from penalties after the split. 

Record still isn't good enough but shouldn't be getting slated incorrectly 

51 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, what about it? It's a qualified gauge the same as many things are. Very few of which suggest any majority of fans wanting Gerrard out. 

Aren’t they more likely to toe the party line than we are on here?

Don’t go there much myself, but comments on here lead me to believe it’s quite tightly controlled, with speedy bans for those who want to buck the trend.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I knew the Tav diehards would be on today 

It’s like they take Personal offence if you criticise him .Will never understand that tbh 

Especially with his disgraceful record 

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We have made about 5m on player sales from that squad alone!

We spent millions on it, our own fault for over paying in wages and clubs not being stupid enough to do what we did by overpaying players.

Doubt waghorn n windass brought in 5m

foderingham- still here

Wallace - free

tav - still here

cardoso - free

bates- free

Rossiter - free

kranjcar- free

Jack- still here

candeias - free

miller- free

morelos- still here

subs

Alnwick -free

McCrorie- still here

Dalcio- sent hame

Windass- sold

Holt - free

herrera- paid aff

waghorn- sold

this is the team that got beat 2-0 aff progres and what Gerrard inherited!

If Gerrard does go and I don't think he will but if he does go I don't think it'll cost us too much,maybe need to pay off guys like Beale but I think Gerrard would want to get out as swiftly and with as little fuss as possible, he doesn't need the dough and being tied up in a mess with us would do him no favours at all if he's trying to whitewash his time here down south.

I'd imagine McAllister would be the same, wealthy guys who would probably be a bit ashamed that they couldn't bring us success.

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

Tried it, didn’t like it???

Just a thought.

Maybe,  but as a man who seem to thrive on pressure I would expect redoubled efforts immediately.

He could get a pundits job on any comfy couch in any studio and his every word fawned upon but I honestly thing he is a scrapper,

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Wrong on this one Jim. 

He beat the sheep twice last season.  4-2 away and 2-0 at ibrox. Tav scored twice from penalties after the split. 

Whoopy do mate 

The captain of Rangers with a record like that .Carry on backing losers ,just like Gerrard does 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I knew the Tav diehards would be on today 

It’s like they take Personal offence if you criticise him .Will never understand that tbh 

Especially with his disgraceful record 

They love Tav more than the club and obviously success.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

If Gerrard does go and I don't think he will but if he does go I don't think it'll cost us too much,maybe need to pay off guys like Beale but I think Gerrard would want to get out as swiftly and with as little fuss as possible, he doesn't need the dough and being tied up in a mess with us would do him no favours at all if he's trying to whitewash his time here down south.

I'd imagine McAllister would be the same, wealthy guys who would probably be a bit ashamed that they couldn't bring us success.

If Gerrard "goes" it will cost us nothing financially.  If he gets sacked, that's a different matter.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Wrong on this one Jim. 

My mistake, forgot about the split due to them playing at ibrox twice earlier in season 

3 times is still shite, massive shite

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Here's a recent example of how a managerial change can make a huge difference for those adamant a change can't bring success!

AZ Alkmaar finished 4th last year on 58 points, they replaced the manager in the summer with the assistant manager(41) with no managerial experience. Just won at Ajax tonight and are now joint top with 53 points with 10 games to play.

He signed two players in the summer, free transfer and a loan.

But aye a new manager would need 22 players and 100m apparently..

Shall we pinch him?

In his interview last night he was clearly gutted, it was all over his face and in his voice, totally gutted.

He loves this football club, and us the fans.

We need to back him, this is his 1st real crisis as a football manager.

A,crisis,after 2 years is not bad going.

We've had more experienced managers facing a crisis within weeks or a few months.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But it proves that shite performances will not be tolerated, its hamilton at home, remember some on here wanted patterson playing away to hearts, so dropping tav wont weaken us that badly

Aye I agree, we should make big changes from the weekend after that performance

Dont necessarily thinking dropping just Tav makes a statement though if that's what Gerrard wants to do. If he drops Tav alongside 5 others then that's a statement, dropping just 1 player seems like you're singling that player out again, something which he's been quite good at doing over the last few months 

Tav/Goldson/Aribo/Kent are the ones I'd like to see dropped, arfield wouldve been included in that but he'll be injured anyway.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

I agree with every part except the ashamed bit .These guys will be conditioned to think ,easy come easy go in the football world 

They would just move on .SG would have all his friends talking him up and making every excuse under the sun for his failure up here 

And let’s not kid ourselves .He has been a failure up to this point 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

If Gerrard "goes" it will cost us nothing financially.  If he gets sacked, that's a different matter.

We ain't sacking him mate, there's no danger anyone in that Rangers board sits him down and sacks him, it would more than likely be a mutual consent job which normally would come with a payoff, it's all hypothetical though because I genuinely can't see it happening.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

In his interview last night he was clearly gutted, it was all over his face and in his voice, totally gutted.

He loves this football club, and us the fans.

We need to back him, this is his 1st real crisis as a football manager.

A,crisis,after 2 years is not bad going.

We've had more experienced managers facing a crisis within weeks or a few months.

Did you miss last years crisis around about exactly the same time, with the same players, With the same tactics And with the exact same issues we face just now?

Archived