Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

So he's staying then. I feel like if Gerrard stays put we'll throw everything at stopping the ten, if he's sacked then we'd be as well giving them the biggest title win ever. We simply can't afford to sack Gerrard and then rebuild. 

What are we gonna throw at it, fucking confetti, because even with last 16 were running at a loss this season, unless someone dumps about 30-40mill into us this summer no strings, we'll be signing hopefuls again

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Jela said:

So he's staying then. I feel like if Gerrard stays put we'll throw everything at stopping the ten, if he's sacked then we'd be as well giving them the biggest title win ever. We simply can't afford to sack Gerrard and then rebuild. 

Pretty much where I’m at. Not particularly happy about either scenario but sticking with him is our best bet for now. If he can learn to learn fast then he could salvage something from his reign

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So, for arguments sake if we were still being skelped by the scum four and five nil, fucked out of Europe at the first qualifier, but won the scottish or league cup you'd be alright?

Theres absolutely no way we win a cup without beating the tarriers, so your example is flawed

Seems he's staying. Cant lie im gutted. Im fully expecting us to win fuck all next year. I see no reason to think he's suddenly going to change his approach to the spfl. If numerous fuck ups over the last 2 seasons hasnt made him then what will. They tramps were furious when lennon was appointed despite having just secured a treble and having previous silverware in the bag. We have fans desperate to keep a man whose won fuck all...how we've falling.

2 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

2 years without a trophy is unacceptable for any Rangers manager tbf never mind the shit show of the last two months 

It is but it’s also a unique set of circumstances. 

Nobody wants to look at the past, but ultimately Gerrard walked into a broken football club 20 months ago and a squad of players who had lost to Progres that season, came 3rd in the league and 9-0 over 2 games to celtic in the same month. 

We’ve come along way since then with a guy in his first job but unfortunately it’s not been far enough. He’ll get it right, I’m absolutely convinced of it, but it might be another 1/2/3 year(s). As a support we need to decide whether we will accept that or whether we think starting again (for the 4th time) is a better alternative. I’m not sure it is. 

So, for arguments sake if we were still being skelped by the scum four and five nil, fucked out of Europe at the first qualifier, but won the scottish or league cup you'd be alright?

Were no any closer to winning leauge for one m8 no acceptable  ,I'm no 100%wanting him.out but defo no acceptable for any Rangers manager to go two years without winning anything 

A dont think there is anybody that supports this club who dont realise we have moved forward from the last 4 managers , but this guy is never going to bring us trophies.

Hes came as far as he can and the thought of him getting any more cash for next year is far more frightening to me than getting new blood in.

IMO , each to their own.........

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Nobody wants to look at the past, but ultimately Gerrard walked into a broken football club 20 months ago and a squad of players who had lost to Progres that season, came 3rd in the league and 9-0 over 2 games to celtic in the same month. 

We’ve come along way since then with a guy in his first job but unfortunately it’s not been far enough. He’ll get it right, I’m absolutely convinced of it, but it might be another 1/2/3 year(s). As a support we need to decide whether we will accept that or whether we think starting again (for the 4th time) is a better alternative. I’m not sure it is. 

Hes spent over 20 m m8 he should be winning stuff come on to fuck ? 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What are we gonna throw at it, fucking confetti, because even with last 16 were running at a loss this season, unless someone dumps about 30-40mill into us this summer no strings, we'll be signing hopefuls again

What's your solution then? 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

He said himself that a 16 man squad that he brought in (bar2-3) put in a performance that was the same as before he took over.

Where does he go from that?

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s exactly where i was standing, last row of bottom tier.

I was away by this time. Once Edmundson went away i left.

You must of been right next to me. I’ve been sent that video all day off folk you can see me clear as day in it man. Salt right intae the wounds 😂

2 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Hes spent over 20 m m8 he should be winning stuff come on to fuck ? 

If your basing it on spend celtic should win every trophy forever more. 

His recruitment has been dreadful in the main though & it has to improve in the summer 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He said himself that a 16 man squad that he brought in (bar2-3) put in a performance that was the same as before he took over.

Where does he go from that?

He’s got to decide which ones he thinks can get us over the line & which can’t. 

Think he might have changed his mind on a few now 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If your basing it on spend celtic should win every trophy forever more. 

His recruitment has been dreadful in the main though & it has to improve in the summer 

Yeah but would u trust him with money?nearly every player he has signed tbf ,a better manager could get more out of spending over 20 m ,its a shame how fast things have turned sour tbh I loved the guy just like two months ago ,dont hate him.or.that never will but massive failure again 

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We dont have the finances to wait another 1/2 or 3 years, that mob win ten and eleven they could race away while we are stuck and skint

Archived