Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

Would be a massive leap into uncertainty and a much larger gamble to part ways with Gerrard IMO.

Up until New Year, we were looking very good and I had a real feeling we were going to win it. Fuck knows how we've arrived in this state only a few months later. 

We need to be a absolutely on point with our recruitment this summer. Morelos will likely go, I hope Tavernier does too. We need top quality signings and the money they would likely generate along with our Europa League run should see that happen. 

We need a plan B for when our game plan isn't working against the shite Scotland has to offer. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s been more than one poster who were at the game telling you the reaction.

if you’d rather listen to Follow Follow then bash on.

The reaction at a final whistle in a moment like that tells you only one story. The lingering reaction in subsequent days tells you more, and nothing suggests a majority wants him gone. Follow Follow is one of many indicators (but you know that, despite the attempts to latch on to that alone as some kind of lazy discreditation of the broader point), here included, the away support reaction included. There's nothing overall to suggest a majority in the out camp.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

The reaction at a final whistle in a moment like that tells you only one story. The lingering reaction in subsequent days tells you more, and nothing suggests a majority wants him gone. Follow Follow is one of many indicators (but you know that, despite the attempts to latch on to that alone as some kind of lazy discreditation of the broader point), here included, the away support reaction included. There's nothing overall to suggest a majority in the out camp.

Too sensible mate. 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He has beaten the sheep 3 times

Nope, once this season and once last season, they didnt lose at ibrox in 3 games, they drew in the cup, and beat us at hampden, 

Played them 7 times last season, he won only once at Pittodrie, played them 3 times this season, only won once

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Irony 

I was against the appointment of Gerrard initially because it was a big risk for a club in turmoil.  Gerrard has exceed my expectations for a guy less than two years in to his managerial career.  He has done a lot to bring stability to this club.  We have improved an awful lot during his tenure.  I think some have forgot the embarrassment we were before he came in.

Does kicking Gerrard out to replace him with another unproven player make sense?  No.  Why does removing McAllister and replacing him with KT make sense? 

If Gerrard walks we’ll end up with Neil McCann or something no mark from abroad managing us because no one else will touch the job.  We can’t rip it all up and start again.  We’ll turn the club in to a fucking circus and probably end up worse than we are now.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sensible is the last word to use towards a post which says they dont care about 10 in a row or want to give the manager 5+years.

I think it’s called realism. He stated that all he cares about is Rangers and not some stupid septic stat. He sees Gerrard as the man to most likely get us back to where we belong in the quickest time - but admitting that it will take time, there is no instant fix. Getting rid of Gerrard will only set us back....again, I think that’s a fact. There is no fucking miracle cure. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

5m, behave ffs

After progres you seen a squad worth more than 5m? There was maybe 2 or 3 players that could have left but the rest we would have had to pay off (and a few we did) never mind them being of any considerable value.

even morelos looked like we got robbed of 1m, he’s improved tenfold since then but you can’t say he was worth then what he is now

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Jim’s also been bugging up Frimpong today because he can’t handle the idea that Tavernier is the best RB in the country.  Some of our fans really do take the biscuit.  

You continually say tav is the best right back in scotland, yet he has cost us more times this season than any other single player

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Would be a massive leap into uncertainty and a much larger gamble to part ways with Gerrard IMO.

Up until New Year, we were looking very good and I had a real feeling we were going to win it. Fuck knows how we've arrived in this state only a few months later. 

We need to be a absolutely on point with our recruitment this summer. Morelos will likely go, I hope Tavernier does too. We need top quality signings and the money they would likely generate along with our Europa League run should see that happen. 

We need a plan B for when our game plan isn't working against the shite Scotland has to offer. 

But do you trust the managerial recruitment in the summer when we brought in the likes of Ojo, Jones, Kamara, Hellander, Barker and so on. We have brought very little genuine quality into the first team. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Blatant lie.

It’s not.  The board tried to get McInnes but couldn’t which was humiliating.  So they have the job to Murty who was a broken man when he left.  If there was an experienced manager out there willing to take the job we would’ve heard something but there wasn’t.  We ended up with Gerrard because he had no experience and was looking to get in to management.  

Name me an experienced manager with a proven track record of success that we could replace Gerrard with?  

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

When there’s 10 thousand or more empty seats on Wednesday Night you might get the picture.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I was against the appointment of Gerrard initially because it was a big risk for a club in turmoil.  Gerrard has exceed my expectations for a guy less than two years in to his managerial career.  He has done a lot to bring stability to this club.  We have improved an awful lot during his tenure.  I think some have forgot the embarrassment we were before he came in.

Does kicking Gerrard out to replace him with another unproven player make sense?  No.  Why does removing McAllister and replacing him with KT make sense? 

If Gerrard walks we’ll end up with Neil McCann or something no mark from abroad managing us because no one else will touch the job.  We can’t rip it all up and start again.  We’ll turn the club in to a fucking circus and probably end up worse than we are now.

Forgetting our other debate, how can being put out of 3 domestic cups by non tarrier sides exceed expectations? How can only beating the sheep twice in ten games exceed expectations? How can not winning in 3 games at tynecastle to the worst hearts team in a decade exceed expectations? 

2 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I think it’s called realism. He stated that all he cares about is Rangers and not some stupid septic stat. He sees Gerrard as the man to most likely get us back to where we belong in the quickest time - but admitting that it will take time, there is no instant fix. Getting rid of Gerrard will only set us back....again, I think that’s a fact. There is no fucking miracle cure. 

Some need to realise that getting rid of Gerrard is just as likely to set us back, as it is to help us improve.  Unless there’s a great candidate for manager out there waiting to come in, and there’s nothing to suggest that there is, then there’s absolutely no point getting rid of Gerrard.

We either need somebody who knows the Scottish game inside out, or someone who’s won leagues in multiple countries. 

I can’t see us appointing anyone in Scotland unless we go for a McLeish, Smith (which isn’t the way forward). I think Robinson at Motherwell is probably the most talented manager currently in the Scottish game we could get, but he’s miles short of what we need. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

But do you trust the managerial recruitment in the summer when we brought in the likes of Ojo, Jones, Kamara, Hellander, Barker and so on. We have brought very little genuine quality into the first team. 

Probably not a quality issue - Europe proves that. There’s a mentality issue and they need to be more physical in our league. Rather than play the victims, we should playing them at their own game. 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When there’s 10 thousand or more empty seats on Wednesday Night you might get the picture.

Oh right. That would be more evident than the 40k that do go, and it's nothing to do with a Wednesday night game in bad weather when usually there's thousands of empty seats  anyway, or the fact that there's virtually nothing to play for in the league any more, rather than a desire for Gerrard to be gone? K mate.

Not that I think there will be that many empty seats.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Some need to realise that getting rid of Gerrard is just as likely to set us back, as it is to help us improve.  Unless there’s a great candidate for manager out there waiting to come in, and there’s nothing to suggest that there is, then there’s absolutely no point getting rid of Gerrard.

Any money we have should be going on better players for next year. Not paying off Gerrard and his staff. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

We either need somebody who knows the Scottish game inside out, or someone who’s won leagues in multiple countries. 

I can’t see us appointing anyone in Scotland unless we go for a McLeish, Smith (which isn’t the way forward). I think Robinson at Motherwell is probably the most talented manager currently in the Scottish game we could get, but he’s miles short of what we need. 

McInnes knows the Scottish Leagues inside and out but wouldn’t touch us.  Clarke did well in Scotland but can’t stand us.  Who else is there?  If the Motherwell manager is the best we can hope for it says a great deal.  We need to stick with Gerrard.  

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That's exactly what I think will happen & I'll be 1 of them tbh, cant face going on freezing cold/pishing Wednesday night knowing it's the same manager/same tactics going to be played 

Will watch it on RTV

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its clearly not a fact, its an opinion.

As for septic stat point, the same poster has on one more than one occasion this past two weeks been wax lyrical about the scum and their points return...

It will set us back financially - fact mate. Serious money would be wasted to get rid of Gerrard and his team. If you don’t think that would then impact everything else, then you must  believe in Santa. 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

That's exactly what I think will happen & I'll be 1 of them tbh, cant face going on freezing cold/pishing Wednesday night knowing it's the same manager/same tactics going to be played 

Will watch it on RTV

You say some love Gerrard more than the club then come out with this 😂😂😂

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You say some love Gerrard more than the club then come out with this 😂😂😂

Will admit that's contradictory 😂

See come Wednesday at 5 when I finish I'll likely jump on the subway over but right now I cant think of anything worse 

Archived