Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The goalposts just continue to be moved.

First it was Gerrard needed a year to settle in but this season WE HAD to challenge and be under x amount of points.

No doubt after him failing next year the same posters will be coming up with similar replies.

I made a thread on here around October 2018 saying we win nothing under Gerrard. 100% still convinced about that. He is not tactical or versatile enough to win this league.

Wish I was wrong but no evidence suggests the contrary. 

A lot of people in my gerrard sackable thread last March said if things werent different same time a year later he has to go, well its been a year and we are no better off, another tarrier treble

Yet people want him to stay, fucking madness

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He said himself that a 16 man squad that he brought in (bar2-3) put in a performance that was the same as before he took over.

Where does he go from that?

Like I said mate, you were there, it must have been the worst second half performance you have witnessed in a long time, certainly under Gerrard. He was gobsmacked in that interview and basically said he needs time to regroup and rethink.

Personally. he needs to reach out to someone close to the club for a little sound advice, especially in handling the pressure. He was almost in tears last night.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s got to decide which ones he thinks can get us over the line & which can’t. 

Think he might have changed his mind on a few now 

I’d love to know which ones he thinks can get us over line.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont have the finances to wait another 1/2 or 3 years, that mob win ten and eleven they could race away while we are stuck and skint

We’ve spent £20m the last 2 summers. There’s no reason to suggest that wont be replicated. Players will be sold to fund new faces as well. 

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s got to decide which ones he thinks can get us over the line & which can’t. 

Think he might have changed his mind on a few now 

This is exactly what he needs to do and if he doesn’t and doesn’t change the shape i.e. play Hagi through the middle it will show he’s learnt nothing.

If he does drop players who are consistently letting him (and us) down then I can still back him but failing to learn from mistakes is a big warning sign for me.

11 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Hes spent over 20 m m8 he should be winning stuff come on to fuck ? 

Their squad was already worth 3 times the 20m we spent compared to our squad worth of 5m if yer lucky, plus they spent half that 20m on 1 player

the first half of the season we were winning this title under him, sure the players fucked it, I don’t know how they went  from 1 extreme to the next but I dont hold Gerrard fully responsible even tho the axe falls on the manager when that happens, this squad have been proven bottle merchants for years, we couldn’t even beat a shite hibs team in a cup final ffs

aye since the break Gerrard will take the slaughtering but he deserved more praise than he got for dragging they performances in the first half of the season and the European run out of this bunch of fucking sissies 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Like I said mate, you were there, it must have been the worst second half performance you have witnessed in a long time, certainly under Gerrard. He was gobsmacked in that interview and basically said he needs time to regroup and rethink.

Personally. he needs to reach out to someone close to the club for a little sound advice, especially in handling the pressure. He was almost in tears last night.

You keep on mentioning second half. The full 90 minutes was a fucking disgrace.

Players who didn’t want to be there and going through motions not giving a fuck.

That is unforgiveable.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I’d hope he’s been on the phone to Walter Smith and Jurgen Klopp. I’d cash in those connections right now if I was him

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

First u Tunnel, running btw, was Tav.

Edmundson came over and clapped fans.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Everyone of them bar Edmundson went down the tunnel within 20 seconds of the whistle. Edmundson stayed out and came over 

They need to remember that the fans are the lifeblood of the club. That is a disgrace. I'm glad Edmundson acknowledged the bears who travelled, but that's not good enough from the rest of them. 

I've really gone off Tav recently. Attitude is wrong and that will filter down to the squad. 

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Minority though.

The minute he zooms out you can see it's just that wee group gesticulating. The rest of the stand isn't. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve spent £20m the last 2 summers. There’s no reason to suggest that wont be replicated. Players will be sold to fund new faces as well. 

Exactly. We will have the Morelos money and probably Barisic, Goldson, Kamara and possibly Tav money. Add in the EL money and it may be a tidy budget this time. Certainly the biggest we will have seen in years. 

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

Their squad was already worth 3 times the 20m we spent compared to our squad worth on 5m if yer lucky, plus they spent half that 20m on 1 player

the first half of the season we were winning this title under him, sure the players fucked it, I don’t know how they went  from 1 extreme to the next but I dont hold Gerrard fully responsible even tho the axe falls on the manager when that happens, this squad have been proven bottle merchants for years, we couldn’t even beat a shite hibs team in a cup final ffs

aye since the break Gerrard will take the slaughtering but he deserved more praise than he got for dragging they performances in the first half of the season and the European run out of this bunch of fucking sissies 

14 or 15 out of the 18 yesterday he signed  so how can u say this squad have proved bottle merchants for years ?he signed most of them ?

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Whatever you think of his signings in general, there’s no way we won’t make a massive profit if we sell some of the bigger names. That’s the bread and butter of us improving long term

14 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Its ambiguous. Hitting the gates with chains could also be called "chaining the gates". 

Either way, it makes no sense as I imagine that today will have been a day off. 

Why would anyone "hit" the gates with chains, I'm completely and utterly confused. 

16 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Its ambiguous. Hitting the gates with chains could also be called "chaining the gates". 

Either way, it makes no sense as I imagine that today will have been a day off. 

🤣 ffs

UB away up to the training ground to knock fuck out the gates with chains Yaaasss

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Whatever you think of his signings in general, there’s no way we won’t make a massive profit if we sell some of the bigger names. That’s the bread and butter of us improving long term

Exactly. It's the model we need to work to. Buy low sell high. We have some assets  with genuine value and profit. We need to make the most of that when the time is right. For several, it will be this summer. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The minute he zooms out you can see it's just that wee group gesticulating. The rest of the stand isn't. 

It’s probably 5-10 minutes after final whistle.

It was poisonous, i said already that there is no way back for certain players and the only way back for manager is to rip that squad apart.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s probably 5-10 minutes after final whistle.

It was poisonous, i said already that there is no way back for certain players and the only way back for manager is to rip that squad apart.

You say that but we all know that if Tav plays a blinder in our next 2 or 3 games he’ll be a hero again

Archived