Hagi preferring to leave?

I wouldn’t pay the money needed to keep him here. We need some radical surgery on the midfield this summer and I don’t believe he is the answer longer term, albeit he does have a spark in the last third that is woefully lacking otherwise. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

He's probably part of the reason Hagi is allegedly leaving .... if this shite is to be believed.

:UK: 

It’s brutal mate the shite that is put out there. There’s nothing balanced about the media now. All about getting hits even with the lies that they spew out. 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I wouldn’t pay the money needed to keep him here. We need some radical surgery on the midfield this summer and I don’t believe he is the answer longer term, albeit he does have a spark in the last third that is woefully lacking otherwise. 

He’d be fine if we had some proper midfield players around him. Been a long time since we’ve had a player who could pick a pass. He can do it. 

That’s my albeit part above,  I get that but I fear we won’t have millions and millions to spend so we’re going to have to spend wisely. Hardly one of our multi millions spends in the last 3 seasons has been money well spent.  

9 minutes ago, don logan said:

I'm not massively excited by him. Some nice flashes of brilliance but plenty of dross too.

Guy was a superstar before he got off the plane going by some of the eejits on here. Not suited to our game , and doubt hes even good enough.......

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Guy was a superstar before he got off the plane going by some of the eejits on here. Not suited to our game , and doubt hes even good enough.......

I can't remember reading a time you have ever rated anyone. Only a blind man couldn't recognize the raw talent this kid has. So far, I don't think Gerrard has handled him properly. Playing Davis & Kamara ahead of him against Bayer was a terrible decision. Him and Kamberi changed the complexion in the second half.

We should be building a team around him, not chasing him away.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I can't remember reading a time you have ever rated anyone. Only a blind man couldn't recognize the raw talent this kid has. So far, I don't think Gerrard has handled him properly. Playing Davis & Kamara ahead of him against Bayer was a terrible decision. Him and Kamberi changed the complexion in the second half.

We should be building a team around him, not chasing him away.

Even after his first game I said he looked lightweight for our game and got slaughtered by the experts on here. Thats how its turned out. He has been played out of position, and theres no way we should be paying anywhere near £5m for the guy.

Its hard to rate anyone in this squad of players. Would the team really suffer any more if any of them left ?

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Even after his first game I said he looked lightweight for our game and got slaughtered by the experts on here. Thats how its turned out. He has been played out of position, and theres no way we should be paying anywhere near £5m for the guy.

Its hard to rate anyone in this squad of players.......

I think he can handle the physical side of it. He did look average at times but let's remember he is 21 and played out of position. The potential is there. We haven't had someone make forward passes like that since probably Mendes. I would pay it in knowing we would sell for so much more.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I think he can handle the physical side of it. He did look average at times but let's remember he is 21 and played out of position. The potential is there. We haven't had someone make forward passes like that since probably Mendes. I would pay it in knowing we would sell for so much more.

Same was said about Kent , look how hes turned out. Its an expensive gamble that will cost us big time or give us a big payday , who knows IMO.

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Same was said about Kent , look how hes turned out. Its an expensive gamble that will cost us big time or give us a big payday , who knows IMO.

To date, I agree with you on Kent mate. However, I will give you an analogy that could be made that may see him come good. Raheem Sterling was brutal for giving the ball away and squandering chances at Liverpool. He mastered his game at Man C. I know Kent is a smaller scale, but we may have to be patient with him.

I would keep both Hagi & Kent.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I haven't read the story as it was a Daily record story and I wasn't prepared to click on the link, but what I could gather from the tiny bit of info is Lazio are apparently interested?

Can anyone elaborate on whether this has quotes, or any other relevant information we should know about please?

It's probably a faux click bait story. There's no football on, sports journo's will be fighting for survival, their industry has collapsed with the coronavirus pandemic.

Can’t see why he’d want to stay tbh other than the love he’s received from supporters 

Playing in a team full of players well below his level who don’t look anywhere near on the same wavelength. Being shoehorned in at right wing because the manager won’t change formation to facilitate a number 10.

Not starting him at home to Leverkusen was criminal, I suspect he felt more than a little aggrieved at that 

Archived