Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has them all by the baws nothing will change. 
The fact he is being tipped to return to the SPFL board tells you all you need to know. 

He wasnt tipped, he was guaranteed. It's his turn for the board because either us or them get a representative on the board and it swaps about. Robertson was always coming out the board this summer and Lawwell back in. To be fair he never leaves the board.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BlueMe said:

Normally, the reaction to a post like this is fuck that.

But you're right tbh- the corruption is sickening.

Huge part of my life mate, but after everything that’s happened in the wider world and this obvious corruption, my love for the game is gone. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

@eejay the dj still think Dundee will vote no??

jesus Brian . Are you having a dig ? Of course they will vote yes now . Yet our club are really playing a massive gamble to day, with their own ST Holders . There will be massive fall out from this , if Park has nowt 

When they made the rules up as they went along against us and had the other clubs vote to save face - that is when people should have woke up to the corruption on these boards. 

they literally handed the scum all the title money, CL money and made the already shite league a one horse race which has consistently struggled to gain sponsorship deals 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Now do the SPFL press ahead with this vote, knowing the public know what they know, and declare the leagues finished? Or do they try save face and put the vote voided, putting the blame onto Dundee like we have seen from some of their spokesmen so far?

Are you still as confident as you were over the weekend that we will come out on top?

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Lawwell & Robertson replace each other every year on the board

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He wasnt tipped, he was guaranteed. It's his turn for the board because either us or them get a representative on the board and it swaps about. Robertson was always coming out the board this summer and Lawwell back in. To be fair he never leaves the board.

And you don’t think after this that should be questioned??

The game is fucked in Scotland. 

Whatever happens this will always be the title they bought with a friendly against Dundee.

Dress it up anyway you like, even throw in a “would have won it anyway”, but it will still be forever known as the title where they bought Dundee’s vote.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

jesus Brian . Are you having a dig ? Of course they will vote yes now . Yet our club are really playing a massive gamble to day, with their own ST Holders . There will be massive fall out from this , if park has nowt 

Yes, just like you having a go about me not being positive about this. I told you I’m a realist, I’ve watched this shower of cunts tear our club apart before and their lining up to do the same again. If the club have anything then I hope it involves legal charges and they press ahead as if we don’t remove them now watch and see how they fuck us over for bringing the game into disrepute with our claims. 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Are you still as confident as you were over the weekend that we will come out on top?

Confident our board will do our club justice. How much it changes the landscape of scottish football? I don't know. But it will change things.

1 minute ago, stu43rigger said:

I may have picked this up wrongly so am hoping someone more knowledgable can help me but doesn’t this resolution not only settle the leagues in the championship and league 1 and 2??

As a precursor to this happening to the premiership if games can’t be finished 

Glasgow Evening Times (Matthew Lindsay)

-----------------------------

Baffled Inverness chairman claims Dundee's shock SPFL vote U-turn "doesn't smell very well"

Ross Morrison, the chairman of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, last night revealed that Dundee had been even more vociferous in their opposition of the SPFL resolution to end the 2019/20 season early than his Highland club in the build-up to the vote on Friday.

And Morrison, whose club rejected the governing body’s proposal along with their Ladbrokes Championship rivals Partick Thistle, has stated the Dens Park outfit’s mysterious missing email and subsequent silence don’t “smell very well”.

Scottish football descended into absolute chaos on Friday evening when the SPFL revealed it was waiting on a single vote from a second tier club that would determine whether their plan was accepted or rejected.

Inverness and Partick officials were astonished when they heard because they had seen a photograph of the completed “no” form that Dundee secretary Eric Drysdale had submitted on a WhatsApp group that afternoon.

It has since emerged the SPFL told Dundee they hadn’t received the slip, that managing director John Nelms had then asked Drysdale to hold off resubmitting it and then requested that if the original email did eventually arrive it should be disregarded.

Morrison, who lives and works in the Dundee area, confessed that he was mystified by the SPFL making public how their member clubs had voted before the final outcome was known and completely baffled by the bizarre turn of events thereafter.

“I have no idea what’s going on, absolutely none whatsoever,” he said. “They (Dundee) were voting no, they were vehement in their opposition of it. Far more than we were in fact. I don’t know what went on.

“But it seems very strange that their vote goes in to the SPFL and then it is to be treated as uncast because there are 26 days left to vote. That would suggest to me that all 42 votes should therefore be considered uncast because there’s 23 or 24 days left. Can we go and uncast our vote? It is a very peculiar situation.

“They (the SPFL) should know what the proper process is. I am not going to tell them what the proper process is. But I would have thought it is not the best way of doing things in business.

“They said it should be in by 5pm on Friday. It didn’t have to be in by 5pm on Friday. But their (Dundee’s) vote was in by 5pm on Friday. Then it wasn’t. So how does that work? I don’t understand.”

It has been claimed that Dundee, who were third in the Championship and in with a chance of making the end-of-season play-offs when football was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic last month, have held talks with SPFL board members over the weekend and could be using their position to barter over league reconstruction.

But Morrison, whose club was in second place in the second tier when the shutdown was introduced, is unsure what advantage the Tayside club can gain from the impasse.

“Is that the right way to do things?” said Morrison. “I don’t think it’s the right way of doing things. I don’t know if the SPFL think it’s the right way of doing things. How can you lobby Dundee? What do you lobby Dundee with? If they’re offered something what are they offered? I can’t imagine what. It doesn’t smell very well.

“I have met John a few times at games. It seems very strange that all of a sudden they have disappeared. They did give us their word. The boy (Drysdale) said ‘I swear it went at 4.48pm’. You think that’s it gone. If it’s gone it’s gone. It did go, but they said stop it.

“If another team go and do that can they stop that one too? Because it doesn’t have to be in for another 28 days. If this was a film nobody would believe it.”

1 minute ago, stu43rigger said:

I may have picked this up wrongly so am hoping someone more knowledgable can help me but doesn’t this resolution not only settle the leagues in the championship and league 1 and 2??

Kinda - it settles and ends the lower leagues but it determines how we end the premiership and allows the board to end the premiership when they see fit

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Whatever happens this will always be the title they bought with a friendly against Dundee.

Dress it up anyway you like, even throw in a “would have won it anyway”, but it will still be forever known as the title where they bought Dundee’s vote.

Dundee have openly admitted to their vote being bought as well.

It breaks the fucking law of the land.

Utterly astonishing that it’s out there and they see nothing wrong with that.

Only in the Republic of Scotland 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Just now, esquire8 said:

Confident our board will do our club justice. How much it changes the landscape of scottish football? I don't know. But it will change things.

You are more confident than me this morning. 
We have been here before with Rangers and we tuck tail and run every time. This is the last straw for me if they run again. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That’ll likely happen at some point 

👍

What's your thought on my previous reply to your post re nul and void?

Rangers, if we wont support it, could smash the negative reports by the MSM out of the park by saying that. It does away with fans having false hope. It strengthens the case that we're not doing this for us but for integrity in the game .

We could really turn the screw if we categorically state we wont vote for n&v later, if that is the case.

7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Spfl said he was respectful and agreed with them regarding our proposal and our clubs statement wasn’t his words. Which is more than a little murky in this event.

Murky indeed. I still think they will go for him at some point, purely because of his club. 

21 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

A money spinner against Hamilton.

A game  against top achievers Aberdeen ? Glamour game against Premier League new boys (cellic lite) Dundee United ?

A clash against  fellow Champioship contenders newly demoted Hearts, or even SPFL tops six contenders  (cellic lite) Hibs, Kilmarnock or Motherwell   ?

Ross County have been quick to back the proposals, so maybe it was them ?     Could see social distancing of around 2 metres be easily enabled for every fan turning up, even if the lockdown was finished.

Might even be a wee tournament, invoving Forfar, Montrose and Brechin ?

All followed by cellic raping Dundee's for a couple of their best players to languish in the cellic squad.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yes, just like you having a go about me not being positive about this. I told you I’m a realist, I’ve watched this shower of cunts year our club apart before and their lining up to do the same again. If the club have anything then I hope it involves legal charges and they press ahead as if we don’t remove them now watch and see how they fuck us over for bringing the game into disrepute with our claims. 

FFS grow up . On a day like today . Fuck sake 

We should've withdrawn our vote and bought ourselves another couple of weeks as soon as this story started to unravel on Friday night.

I fear this vote will be called within the hour though. Dundee vote will have been sent hours before any journalists being briefed with the exclusive.

29 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

Of course they did but that’s hardly Dundee’s fault, I just can’t imagine a scenario where the directors of Dunfermline rock up to dens next season and refuse entry to the boardroom based on the way Dundee voted when they voted the same way

More fool them then eating their pound shop shortbread from a Walkers tin.

Archived