Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

I may have picked this up wrongly so am hoping someone more knowledgable can help me but doesn’t this resolution not only settle the leagues in the championship and league 1 and 2??

SPFL CLUBS ARE TO VOTE ON A RESOLUTION RECOMMENDING THE TERMINATION OF THE 2019/20 SEASON IN THE LADBROKES CHAMPIONSHIP, LADBROKES LEAGUE 1 AND LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

We should've withdrawn our vote and bought ourselves another couple of weeks as soon as this story started to unravel on Friday night.

I fear this vote will be called within the hour though. Dundee vote will have been sent hours before any journalists being briefed with the exclusive.

I don’t think withdrawing our vote makes any difference, all they need is enough yes votes for it to go through which they had in the spl 

4 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

We should've withdrawn our vote and bought ourselves another couple of weeks as soon as this story started to unravel on Friday night.

I fear this vote will be called within the hour though. Dundee vote will have been sent hours before any journalists being briefed with the exclusive.

Enough teams in the PL had said yes, so our vote becomes irrelevant 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still nothing on the Rangers proposal. Whilst theres still the 28 day rule in play on the current one I wonder what the status of our one is, why it's not now in play.

I think there were 6 proposals, but the impartial SPFL legal firm of Harper McLeod (who also represent cellic) rejected 5 of them. 

Few drama queens in here ffs, I’m pretty sure the club expected Dundee to change their vote, the club have a plan here let’s see them put it into action before throwing the towel in and getting our knickers in a twist, if the tarriers get the title so be it, this is much bigger than that, I’d happily forfeit them getting the title to finally rid Scottish football of Lawwell and his fenian cabal. 

7 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

If you’re allowed to withdraw your vote at any time, as is apparently the case, surely they have to wait until the end of the 28 days before counting the votes?

23 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Now do the SPFL press ahead with this vote, knowing the public know what they know, and declare the leagues finished? Or do they try save face and put the vote voided, putting the blame onto Dundee like we have seen from some of their spokesmen so far?

Difficult to predict, but let’s be honest, neither has a shred of credibility left between them regardless and will not be trusted.  No change for the SPFL.

20 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I have no doubt the "independent" law firm Harper McLeod will be looking after the best interests of their client, the  SPFL in this affair. 

I also have no doubt the "independent" law firm Harper McLeod  will also be looking after the best interests of their client, cellic football club in this affair. 

Not necessarily in that order either...

7 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

I don’t think withdrawing our vote makes any difference, all they need is enough yes votes for it to go through which they had in the spl 

But in any normal scenario you wouldn’t count the votes until the voting period had ended - particularly if withdrawal of votes is permitted 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

You are definitely one for the watching......😡

Ok then...

Apart from cutting the away ticket allocation you tell me where the board has acted or followed through successfully with action when we have been wronged.

Followed through on statements etc 

Know what, this thread is moving along nicely, quite informative and plenty opinions on the topic being aired.

See the folk with the personal  bitchfests with other posters gonna fucking do one and do it on PMs. If not, dont blame others for your lockdown on here within a lockdown, on what might be a pretty incredible day. 👍

21 minutes ago, soulboy said:

UEFA told Belgium if they finish early they wont get european football next season since lawell is on some uefa board he must have had some guarantees this wont be the case or he wouldnt be allegedly bribing Dundee into giving them a friendly if they change their vote 

They are being clever, some might say ‘sleekit “ in that they are only calling the three lower leagues that UEFA aren’t interested in. Their resolution also states the this creates the precedent/model for calling the premiership at a later date. Ie when UEFA won’t punish them for doing so. 

all of this NEEDED to be voted on in 48 hours with a caveat that failure to approve it would result in no payments being made to desperate clubs. 

Clever/ sleekit/ corrupt/ blackmail/ bribery

all of the above?

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I think there were 6 proposals, but the impartial SPFL legal firm of Harper McLeod (who also represent cellic) rejected 5 of them. 

No those options were discussed prior to the Wednesday circulation of the current vote. Weve put forward our own proposal which was incompetent, apparently due to one word not suitingvthe spfl lawyer. Not heard much about it since.

3 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Not necessarily in that order either...

Doesn't Peter Lawell's daughter still have a job doing the stapling at Harper McLeod  ?

She'll just duplicate the cellic proposal, re-title it "The SPFL Proposal", and file it under "job done".

Archived