Reconstruction

Blues Brother

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I genuinely would like to see two divisions of either 18 or 20.

I have no idea how fucking many times I’ve seen Kilmarnock in the last three years and it’s torture.

Yes overall the base quality of the league would be poorer but the league would be more interesting.

I've had 5 of the last 6 killie away games 😂

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top league of 20 and lower 2 divisions of 12 and 10 would get my vote. 38 games, same amount of home and away. Fans will go to games if they want to be there. Would they be less inclined to go to the one home game v ICT rather than the second visit of St Johnstone of the season? Most likely not.

It would also add more drama to the derby matches if theres only 2 a season and not just our derby v them.

54 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I genuinely would like to see two divisions of either 18 or 20.

I have no idea how fucking many times I’ve seen Kilmarnock in the last three years and it’s torture.

Yes overall the base quality of the league would be poorer but the league would be more interesting.

2 tiers of 20.

Regionalised groups in SC and LC guarantee 4 games against them. 

Playoffs between 3 and 6 for the final Euro place. 

3 relegated and 3 promoted, 1st and 2nd automatically then a playoff between 3 and 6 for the final promotion place. 

Simple. 

There are too many teams in Scotland; surely if two teams cannot attract even 1000 to turn up they should not be in a professional league. O f course then there would be the protests about history and heritage and these teams will claim to have tens of thousands of fans who will suddenly appear for the media and we will be back where we started.

It just shows how farcical and corrupt the situation is that reconstruction is even being discussed or negotiated, you’re Dundee.

I’m sure under the SFA/SPFL’s own guidelines that a period of 2 years in advance is required before any alterations can be made to the format.

Suddenly though, when clubs need sweetened (sorry, bribed) in order to give the title to celtic, they’re like “Aye, nae bother, how’s next week? We’ll get it done then.”

On 12/04/2020 at 14:19, Blues Brother said:

I know we’re probably past this stage but would this solve all problems?

Promote current top 4 teams from championship.

Promote current top 4 teams from League 1

Promote current top 4 teams from League 2

Promote 2 teams from highland league and

Promote 2 teams from lowland league.

Prem 16 teams - Championship, League 1 and League 2 - 10 teams.

top league play each other home and away = 30 games.

League then splits into 4.

Top 4 play each other home and away for the championship. With top 3 getting into Europe. 

5th - 8th play each other home and away. 
9th -12th play each other home and away.

13 - 16th play each other home and away.

Then 9th plays 5th in a play off for Europe and the winner of that enter a final play off with 4th place. With the winner getting final place in Europe.

16th placed team will be relegated and 15th place enters relegation/promotion playoff with 2nd 3rd and 4th teams in Championship as it is now.

i think this would mean not many meaningless games throughout season. Also TV companies would get 4 old firm games.

This would mean NO relegation for any team. 
No titles being given away

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Where in any of this does it say the scum don’t get this years title ?

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Where in any of this does it say the scum don’t get this years title ?

It doesn’t. I’m basically saying this as a possible solution when this season is postponed/can’t be finished. With no titles being given out. As the campaign cannot be completed.
The point in it is to show a way all the clubs who can win promotion can indeed achieve promotion.

On 14/04/2020 at 09:15, plymouthranger said:

I do think Scottish football needs reconstruction to make it more appealing to fans, but TV companies won’t pay the money currently on offer for less OF games.

In an idea world, its 2 leagues of 18 teams in the professional set up. Each team plays each other twice, so we get rid of the nonsense of playing sides 4 times before cups are factored in.

It will also allow clubs like Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs to put more distance between them and some of the smaller clubs. That will stop them panic buying and actually encourage more youth development, which will in turn help us and the taigs as there’ll be a better crop to poach from.

It would also benefit a whole host of other clubs as some of your smaller sides like Accies won’t be as threatened by relegation each year as they currently are. Again, allowing them greater stability and a longer term focus.

Yes, it inevitably gives us 2 less OF games, but it just means they’ll mean more when they come about. I doubt fans would grumble too much if you give them better opportunities of away days such as Somerset Park and other stadiums where we’ll get a massive away allocation.

Correct and you will probably find that the new TV deal is set up on the current system ,Changing that would change the product being paid for 

The people who run the game in this country haven’t learned from the 2 huge own goals in the past ,Setanta and voting is out the league 

But then again the folk in control still can’t see further than the end of their own nose 

If the tims get handed the title, then I want to see hearts relegated.

I would prefer two tiers of 16, where 3-6 of top league do play offs for Europe spot, bottom 2 are relegated, then 14,13,12,11 have a playoff for another relegation spot.

Second tier, top two promoted, 3,4,5,6 playoff for one more promotion spot. Bottom two relegated to whatever is below, and then 14,13,12,11 play off for another relegation.

4 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

How about just 2 leagues of 16 meaning 10 must be thrown out. 
which teams get chucked? 

Taigs ,Dundee for corruption then 7 bottom teams in bottom league ,then 4 and 5 play off for a place in new league 

Reconstruction you say? Ask Anne Budge, chair of Hearts F.C ( currently in relegation position) and now Chair of the newly formed reconstruction working group.
You couldn’t make it up,  but they did. 
This isn’t even smoke and mirrors, it’s making a complete mockery of Scottish football. 
And as sure as dam it, the average fan will have forgotten about what mince is being served up to them.  And we’ll all be back buying tickets for away fixtures next season. 
Fans, I give you the corrupt SPFL,  be careful what you wish for.

52 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

Reconstruction you say? Ask Anne Budge, chair of Hearts F.C ( currently in relegation position) and now Chair of the newly formed reconstruction working group.
You couldn’t make it up,  but they did. 
This isn’t even smoke and mirrors, it’s making a complete mockery of Scottish football. 
And as sure as dam it, the average fan will have forgotten about what mince is served up to them.  And we’ll all be back buying tickets for away fixtures next season. 
Fans, I give you the corrupt SPFL,  be careful what you wish for.

I.m sure Ann Budge will take a completely impartial approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you couldn't make this up, a total shambles.  Might as well put Peter Liewell on task force to decide if septic are declared league winners. 

If reconstruction is coming then we should be aiming for Colts sides to be entered. That little cup proves our younger lads are more than good enough mix it.

I'd also, get a rule thrown in that only teams with grass pitches can enter the top league. Sick of those shitey plastic ones!

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've heard rumours of 2 year notice period for reconstruction but assume this isnt actually the case given the spfl are actively pursuing it for next season. Certainly cant see mention of it in the Rules or Articles. 

since when did rules matter with that lot mate

3 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

Why hearts? They never changed their vote. 

Don't you mean Dundee?

I mean Hearts.  They didn’t have to change their vote, they hid behind Dundee - and were double dealing with the SPFL all along.

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I mean Hearts.  They didn’t have to change their vote, they hid behind Dundee - and were double dealing with the SPFL all along.

Not according to Anne budges statement, they are not happy either and are requesting a new vote. 
 Of course,  the whole affair is  clouded in deceit now, it certainly is a great time to hide bad news 🤔

Archived